[Fan Fiction] Born To Fly -- Song Fic

Zayne 10-28-2005 04:30 PM
Who's who:
Yin -- Zayne's mother (PM me if you want the full bacground, though you'll probably hurt me for it....)
Zayne -- Roger's daughter. only child
Bad Luck -- Band out of Gravitation (Awesome music, really)
Nittle Grasper -- Band from Gravitation (Best music anywhere)
Performance: Zayne used to be with a band, but her bandmates.... Uhh, you don't wanna know. She's a guest for Bad Luck/ Nittle Grasper now, though.

Zayne walked quietly back up the road from Gordon Rosewater’s ranch, her hands in her pockets, her shoulders hunched in a posture of torturous depression. That visit hadn’t helped her position at all. She glanced up at the scarecrow nearby, sighed, and closed her eyes, humming.
//I've been telling my dreams to the scarecrow
About the places that I'd like to see
I say, friend do you think I'll ever get there'
Oh, but he just stands there smilin' back at me//

The blue eyes reopened to meet the rather blank stare of R. Instro and found that the android’s hands were stilling the shaking of her own, black-gloved fingers. Zayne looked around to discover that she was in the church, and she was talking to the android while not thinking about it.
//So I confessed my sins to the preacher
About the love I've been prayin' to find
Is there a brown-eyed boy in my future, yeah
And he says, girl, you've got nothin' but time.
But how do you wait for heaven'
And who has that much time'
And how do you keep your feet on the ground
When you know that you were born,
You were born to fly\\

Zayne only blinked and found herself standing in the drive of the Smith Mansion, watching Roger getting out of the griffon and Yin leaning over the balcony to talk to him. Like Romeo and Juliet, their daughter thought. Slowly, she backed the driveway strip to the road. Then, she ran.
//My daddy he is grounded like the oak tree
My momma she is steady as the sun
Oh, you know I love my folks
But I keep starin' down the road
Just lookin' for my one chance to run\\

The 15-year-old dominus skidded to a stop a few blocks later, chest heaving as she leapt up onto a platform she knew all too well; she had performed with her idols, Bad Luck and Nittle Grasper, on the small stage before. She relished the memory, glad she even had it.
//Hey, cause I will soar away like a blackbird
I will blow in the wind like a seed
I will plant my heart in the garden of my dreams
And I will grow up where I wander wild and free
Oh, how do you wait for heaven'
When you know, that you were born'
You were born, yeah, you were born to fly\\

She had climbed to the top of a high-rise by now and was looking down at the city, her foot resting on the risen edge of the building and an elbow on her knee.
//So how do you wait for heaven'
When you know, that you were born
You were born to fly, yeah\\
“C’mon, Zayne,” Roger said from the door of the staircase leading down. “Let’s go home. It’s getting late.”
//You were born to fly, fly, fly, fly...
Oooh....\\
Zayne smiled and walked over to her father. The pair descended into the darkness of the staircase...