DVD spine of Big O set has clue?!

DorothyFan1 10-27-2005 11:51 AM
I was wondering about this one for a while now. I noticed on my DVD set...the full package one...there's a DVD spine image of Dorothy on the first set. I was curious about this because I wondered why Dorothy is the one who was chosen for the DVD spine image. Because on top of the spine...the images are a grey washed out montage of Dorothy, Roger and Angel. It seems like nothing to shout about except for one little thing...the montage mirrors exactly a scene in Big O Season 1 where we see a split second image of Big Fau, Big O and Big Duo walking side by side in a burning wreckage. This side by side comparison matches some of the speculation on this board that the Dominii of the Three Bigs are these people in this order...Dorothy for Big Fau, Roger for Big O and Angel for Big Duo. Water, Land and Air. The three elements. The Big 3.
Zopwx2 10-27-2005 01:05 PM
The jacket also claims that Gordon Rosewater tries to defeat roger w/ big fau, so I wouldn't trust it.
Generalissimo D 10-27-2005 05:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
.....This side by side comparison matches some of the speculation on this board that the Dominii of the Three Bigs are these people in this order...Dorothy for Big Fau, Roger for Big O and Angel for Big Duo. Water, Land and Air. The three elements. The Big 3.



First of all, I know not of which set you refer to. Second...

spoiler (highlight to read):
Angel is the proper Dominus of Big Venus or Big Fau if manga would be considered truer to the intended story.
]

Angel and Duo makes no sense whatsoever. And the picture of the 3 Bigs walking is shown again in a different order I think.

In addition, Zop brings up a point. If it claims Gordon...you know somethings gone wrong.

Edit:Whoops..
Dork 10-27-2005 11:17 PM
Theories that Dorothy knows more than she's letting on abounded on this board a scant half dozen months ago and like many other theories it's fallen out of favor as of late (but that's beside the point). The fact is if Dorothy is the key -I suspect she's just one of many keys- to Paradigm then her being on the spine of a DVD set isn't going to tell us anything more than we might already suspect.

But I don't think that has anything to do with this little puzzle. Dorothy's on the spine for the simple reason that she's a fan favorite. She might not be every Big O fan's favorite but it seems the majority of people who catch Big O are struck by Dorothy. What's not to love? She's a stoic yet highly emotional love-struck android with a lovable penchant for putting the verbal smack down on a man who very much deserves to be put in his place every so often. She's the Jigglypuff of Big O, how can you not love her?

(Don't answer that.)


muchlove
-Dork
Lost_Cyborg 10-29-2005 09:56 AM
I totaly agree with you Dork.
And on the subject of Keys; Dorothy is a major player, more so than somepeople think, in Big O. After all, if she hadn't awoken and dived down to save Roger then he would have drowned, and wouldn't have been able to negotiate with Angel. Goodness knows what would of happened then.