Big O theorys....

Lost_Cyborg 10-15-2005 01:48 PM
I, Lost_Cyborg looked Paradigm up in the thesaurus;
Paradigm
Prototype (n)

and dictionary:
pa’radigm (--m), n. Example, patten, esp. of inflexion of noun, verb, ect. So paradigmat’ic (-ig-) a. [if. LL f. Gk paradeigma f. PARA1 (deiknumi show)]
And through this I have come to the conclusion that Paradigm city is just about statistics, perhaps a group of scientists and a lot of money wanted to find out if humanity always made the same choices, if so/ if not can our future/ destiny be changed, do we even have destinies? Thus Paradigm’s resetting through Big Venus, and the current ‘director’ of the city, who pilots Big Venus. The director changes and can change the city to an extent to see how many different cities appear, what the director does with the city and what other people do with the situations they are put into.
But then the money /time/ interest ran out and Paradigm was just left to run (like a computer program... Maybe that is what it is... It would explain the grids) and that's why it seems to be going wrong, and memories being returned to some people at obscure moments, if the return of memories and realisation of what Paradigm really is can mentally damage the returnee’s mind (such as what it did to Roger and possibly Michael Seebach before he became Schwarzwald) then that implies that it’s not really meant to happen and the program (paradigm) is breaking down and is in need of repair.
Staying on the computer program side of things you could almost go as far as to say Schwarzwald (possibly the union) is a virus infected part of the program or a worm; tries to get deeper into the computer. But that might just be going too far.

----------------------------------------
I've heard another theory by Mattartist...
-----------------------------------------
I’m considering writing a lot more (a compilation) on the subject so please feel free to post your opinions, I will give the credit to your ideas to you, there is no need to worry about that.
Lost_Cyborg 10-16-2005 06:36 AM
nothing, please delete/ignore
Mattartist 10-17-2005 08:57 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Lost_Cyborg
----------------------------------------
Another possibility I’ve heard (sadly I can’t remember who it was who said this, please tell me if you know) is that the ‘actors’ where brought up as the characters from a young age (thus Roger’s memories of his mother and being a child) and brainwashed eventually into believing that they really are that person.
Still, this doesn’t really explain the resetting.
----------------------

Erm, thats ME! Yeah, that was my theory, and to explain how that works into the resetting, I shall tell you. Yes.

The resets (of course throwing a bit of extrapolation in) were not all done IN THE SAME PLACE! Here is what I have discovered:

-The first reset was actually ON Earth, New York City, and all that jazz. Roger and the Big O armies were battling the "FOREIGN" invaders, and that would only mean Big Venus and the Archetypes, with some Leviathans thrown in too. Unfortunately, Venus gets pissed, and blows up the world. BOOM! No more Chinese laundry...

-The second reset took place on the moon, as the last remenences of humanity were trying to discover how the events on Earth took place, therefore, they implicated brainwashing methods to create a handfull of personas, Roger Smith, Dorothy, Dastun, Norman, Alex, Alan, Angel, and all the "robots" thrown in too. I'm not completely sure, but maybe the "directors" went a bit too inventive and created newer robots, just to test Roger somewhat... I don't have all the answers... Big Grin

-The third was yet again by the people on the moon, but this time, because of fiery contraversy about the "Truman Show" epidemic in the "DOMED" Paradigm City, the directors decided to use androids. From hence they created each individual persona from gathered intel from whatever remained of the earth.

HOWEVER there was a critical mass EVENT that caused all of the humans inside Paradigm to forget who they were, and therefore they became their own people, not ruled by "gods" any longer.

But still the directors wanted control, so they began implications where certain characters were created to foil any set of people who had begun to defy clear rules of the dome (ie, Schwartzwald and Roger?)
Using the perfected cloning technology, they created Roger, Dorothy, and the rest of the characters, and, using Angel as the delete button, retuned Paradigm City (ie Big Venus) as you see her do in Act 26.

Therefore, the clones are now the personas, as they are literally in everyway them. Now, all there need be is a Season 3...

As you can go see, I am currently working on a fan animated Season 3 using Flash (but it IS to be the almost exact same style as the series), and there is a thread in "Nightingale Club" (Big O SHOWTIME: Must see ya'll!) where you can see what I'm cooking up.

So, to make a long post short, erm, yeah. That was me. However, it was just a small part of the bigger picture. Big Grin

Alright, whew. I'm done ranting. Big Grin
Lost_Cyborg 10-17-2005 01:00 PM
*blink*
Awesome! I love the Theory! Good luck with the animation I'm looking forwards to seeing it!