Episode 30 Discussion: "Assualt on South Headquarters"

Sephiroth 10-08-2005 11:05 PM
Wow, I cannot believe there is no thread for this. This episode, was so awesome, that everything in the history of awesome could not compare to it. Why? Greed!!!! Being that I live in a Greed-Centric universe, I literally giggled like a schoolgirl at this sight of him. Add to that an escalation in the situation regarding our young homunculi. Now there are 4 sides fighting over him (5 if you count the Fuhrer, he said so at the end, so I'm not spoiling it). It's interesting to see the effect Hughes's death and the new position of Archer have had on Armstrong. He was still funny and flashy in his muscle duel with Sig, but his actions towards Ed, Al, and our homunculi buddy were definatly unlike him. Speaking of State Alchemists, Kimbley was quite impressive in tonights episode. The scene when he randomly grabbed a guy and blew him up was brilliant. Kimbley is quite cool for these few episodes, until he does something so terribly atrocious that he becomes unfathomably dispicable. All in all great episode, and I cannot wait to see how this fight turns out (I'm rooting for the Fuhrer actually).

P.S.
Did anybody notice that when Greed was mentioning his reasons for pursuing the kid, he said Envy and PRIDE? Being that Pride has not yet been revealed, thats a bit odd. However, I can tell you it's quite shocking when he comes out pf the shadows. Oh and, I'd like to reintarate that.....GREED IS AWESOME!
Wingnut 10-08-2005 11:32 PM
Man I jsut have to say that what Izumi did really took guts to pull off.
I guess I can understand her motivations for doing what she did, but shouldn't she, like the Elrics, know better than to try something like that?

quote:
Speaking of State Alchemists, Kimbley was quite impressive in tonights episode. The scene when he randomly grabbed a guy and blew him up was brilliant.
"I need more sulfer. *grabs random guard* This will do." *KABOOM*
Man, even the red-shirted security guys on Star Trek lasted longer than that guy.
Volt 10-09-2005 12:40 AM
Eh, I didn't like this episode too much. Everything they explained I had already figured out, and I was stupid enough to think that the Greed fight scenes that have been in the new commercials would maybe be in this episode. I liked when Ed kicked that lizard chimera guy, though. Also, I hope Kimbley dies a horrible death. Just because of his stupid hair and sexual obsession with blowing things up.
spoiler (highlight to read):
Also, it looks like the Furher at South HQ is Envy. So, the next episode will probably be pretty action-packed.
X Prime 10-09-2005 01:33 AM
...Am I the only one who hopes that a nice guy like the Fuhrer is actually packing some serious alchemic power? I mean really... Look at the guy! He looks like somebody who could take some names if he wanted to.

Nevermind that the 'I am number 5' guy is probably Envy...
Shredder 10-09-2005 02:13 AM
Thanks for starting the topic, Greed. Sorry I'm a little late here, but I think this is a pretty good episode, especially in terms of setting up some upcoming events.

A few thoughts:

-The muscle "contest" between Sig and Armstrong was funny, as was Ed's dub line "What happened? I just saved your dumbass."
-I'm a little disappointed in dub Greed's voice. You know what I mean if you've seen the Japanese version.
-Don't worry, there's some great Greed moments coming up. Happy
R.Smith 10-09-2005 02:18 AM
Interesting episode!

Finally understand what was up with all that coughing up blood by Izumi. Frown

Something seems to be up with the Fuhrer...... just what I'm not sure of yet. Oh Well

Can't wait to see the next episode! Big Grin
Raven 10-09-2005 03:25 AM
After watching Kimble kill that random guy who was passing by, I have to say that I have a new favorite character. I must say, Greed and his band look a whole lot more interesting to watch than Lust, Greed, and Envy who have gotten most of the screen time so far.

Was also funny to see that guy from the mining town living in the dumps now. I wonder when they pretty freaky looking girl that was with him will return.
Gato Gurl914 10-09-2005 05:08 PM
this eppisode blew me away. i should've taped it.
evanASF27 10-09-2005 05:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gato Gurl914

Don't they replay the Saturday eps on Thursday? >_> You might be able to tape it then Big Grin
Wingnut 10-10-2005 01:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by P.D.Q. Beck
quote:
Originally posted by Gato Gurl914

Don't they replay the Saturday eps on Thursday? >_> You might be able to tape it then Big Grin

Yep, at 1 and 4am.
Nine Kuze 10-10-2005 08:51 PM
I just gotta say, HOT DAMN! That was an episode for the record books and I wish I tape it too. That part in the beginning with Armstong and Curtis had me cracking up, with them showing each others muscles even though I think Curtis is bigger. And it was cool to see one of my favorite and most nteresting characters, King Bradley! It's true that you think I guy like him, whose also Fuhrer, would be able to do some serious alchemic damage but...
because of who and what he really is, he shouldn't be able to perform alchemy. Pride!

That's interesting what you say there, X Prime about Envy posing as King Bradley at South HQ because that would explain (I guess) why the Furher was also talking to Roy about Scar and he can't be at two place at once. Speaking of ol' boy Scar, who was he and the refugee leader talking about that walked by with the unseen tattoo across his face. And what the hell was that on the wall that Scar saw and obviously seemed to know about? I got's to know.

"Um, I need more sulfur." Kimblee's sequence at the end was one of the best things I've ever seen on all television. Period. That was gangsta was there and I couldn't believe he did that. It was so shocking and amazing at once. And what the hell is that green lizard-like thing all about?

You gotta give it up to Izumi, she's a stand up girl. Even though most of us already knew, it looks like she tried a human transmution to resurrect her unborn child and because of it, she lost most of her organs. Including her reproductive ones as well. Damn, not only id that cold but that's ironic as well. Anyway, when Mr. Curtis was explaining everything and Izumi was kicking you know what and taking names against the military, I really felt moved and with her trying to get Wrath back 'cause in a way, that's her son.

Also, we got a look at Greed's crew and I wonder what their up to. They're not with Lust and all them and if I remember right, Greed doesn't really want the P. Stone so I'm looking very forward to what he's up too coming up. The previews for the next episode look VERY interesting as see saw a handful of red stones, Envy with Wrath, and it looks like Izumi was at the island again, performing some type of alchemy. So I'm looking forward to that and one last thing, the Mustang look-alike (Archer), what's his angle?!

Peace.
nathjan 10-11-2005 03:26 PM
Just to make sure everyone knows this is episode 30 not 29, so if anyone here makes a new thread for the next episode make sure to name it Episode 31 Discussion. if i have any extra time i'll post my thoughts about this episode. Peace

[Edit: Thanks, title fixed. --Krang]
AlexRosewater 10-14-2005 07:40 PM
Another great episode!!!. I liked when Kimble used that random guy's body as a jump start for his Alchemy. It was so instantanous and very unexcpected and made my Eyebrow twitch in enjoyment. I also liked when
Ed and the the others ended up in the hedquaters and seemed like a awesome brawl fixin to break out.!!!
StevieV019 10-27-2005 03:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
...Am I the only one who hopes that a nice guy like the Fuhrer is actually packing some serious alchemic power? I mean really... Look at the guy! He looks like somebody who could take some names if he wanted to.

Not at all...

To be honest:

Im thinking that he is Ed and Al's father...but Im probably wrong...