Short Downtime this Wednesday

Krang 10-08-2005 03:11 AM
Sometime within the next week, this site and its forums will be moving to a new server (although we will remain with the same host). This is because our host will be adding servers in a new data center, and our hosting plan is one of the ones that has the option to move there. Although there will be no downtime for the site, I will be taking the forums offline for a day or so to avoid any data loss as we switch over the DNS to the new server. I haven't chosen the date of the move yet since I want to coordinate it with issues being worked out with our other site, but I'll keep everyone updated in this thread. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply here.

During the downtime, feel free to post at our official backup forums, the Neo-Speakeasy: http://speakeasy.hyperboards2.com/
Normally, I would suggest that MFL members use the MFL backups, but I don't recommend that this time due to temporary server problems (the MFL backups are hosted on the same server as The Technodrome).
evanASF27 10-08-2005 07:38 PM
And just a note, for the Neo-Speakeasy I hope to have the buttons and other forum decal thingies up by/on Monday. Smile So it may look scruffy now, but it'll look shipshape in no time Pleased Big Grin Cool
Generalissimo D 10-08-2005 07:54 PM
Rock on Krangster. As long as it helps in the long run, lets go!

PS: As a side note, The Warehouse is willing to help anyone with a roleplaying fix. Neospeakeasy for anything else really...
X Prime 10-08-2005 08:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by P.D.Q. Beck
And just a note, for the Neo-Speakeasy I hope to have the buttons and other forum decal thingies up by/on Monday. Smile So it may look scruffy now, but it'll look shipshape in no time Pleased Big Grin Cool

About that... Might I ask what's up with the caption?

The Neo-Speakeasy hangout that has nothing to do with Paradigm-City.com
Krang 10-08-2005 10:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
About that... Might I ask what's up with the caption?

The Neo-Speakeasy hangout that has nothing to do with Paradigm-City.com

You're visiting the previous URL. Sorry for the confusion, but the original Neo-Speakeasy is the one that we will be using as a backup from now on, so please update your bookmarks, everyone.
Krang 10-11-2005 02:08 AM
I have decided on a date for the server move. It will take place this Wednesday, October 12. The forums will be shut down during that time, and they will be reopened when the DNS changes fully propagate (which will probably only take a day, meaning the forums will most likely be reopened sometime on Thursday). As I mentioned earlier, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply here.