| subarug |
10-07-2005 12:20 AM |
Hi everyone...New Member here and like most im disecting the series to try and make sense of it all! ...I think there are a lot more Religous relation than we know.
Anyways cant wait to meet some other Fans and post some fan art!
On a side note chew on this.... My wife is helping me analyze the series, she is an English major and is specialized in the works of John Milton, one whos many magnif. stories are based on religon.
She pointed out to me to investigate the names of characters to find out what they mean...
For example Wayneright spelled Wainright means "Wagon Maker"
More importantly Dorothy means "Gift From God" This I thought was very important and relevant....
Also since im a noob I dont know if this has been touched on before but the signifigance of numbers.... The Event....40 Years.... 40 days 40 Nights...Israelites wandering for 40 years...
Just food for thought!
Cheers!
P.S. Schwarz Wald has to be one of the best character designs I have seen in AGES!
| Zopwx2 |
10-07-2005 12:41 AM |
Scharzwald is the best in existence.
Unfortunately if you searched long enough you'd find all those topics and more discussed ad nauseam in these forums.
| Mattartist |
10-07-2005 05:57 AM |
Cool, I didn't know Wainwright was a wagon maker...
Thats just plain awesome. Now, I may be a noob (whats that, I'll never know, but I am one) but I don't think there's been much about researching the many names in the series, and since yer wife's an English major and all, then this'll be something to see! Hats off to signin' up, and the best of luck!
HAZZAH!
PS: Fan Art is by far the most outragious and stupendous thing on da whole dam planet! No really, its a planet of dams
| subarug |
10-07-2005 08:26 PM |
Yeah and about Wayneright if you think about the comment regarding the big's as "Chariots of God" then "Wagon-Maker" Starts to make a little more sense to me....I dont know there are so many conclusions that you could come to it makes my head hurt...
What bothers me most is the Superdome/Skylights and the under water gears, that whole last episode really rubbe dme the wrong way....
Ive always thought "this would make a GREAT book" but at the end with SO many (Typical) unanswered questions and the brief "hint" it might of all been entertainment I was quite upset....
The only thing ive got going for me right now is I will not succomb to the idea that Black Forest is dead....i mean come on...how much stuff did this guy go thru only to be found dead in the desert? Hardly.... if ANYTHING there is hope for 3rd season material right there!
Anyways...enough rant....back to disecting....
oh by the way....havent done any Big O fan art yet but I have some Area 88 Fan Art among other things....where should they go?
Thanks for the warm welcome guys and gals
| Mattartist |
10-08-2005 08:38 AM |
Yeah, that Superdome stuff got me scratchin' me head, and then other unmentionable places, like me butt.
But, I found an EXTREME relationship with Big O -- and The Truman Show! If you don't know what that is, it has Jim Carrey, and involves an entire city under a mega SUPERDOME (hint) where the Jim Carrey character is living a FICTIONAL LIFE (hint hint), but then he becomes wise to the "actors" and DIRECTOR (hintx3) and gives em all the thing on your hand and leaves.
As much as some people want to believe Paradigm City is REAL, I'm sorry, but as good ol' Schwartzwald (WHO IS NOT DEAD!) said:
"Paradigm City... A grand, enormous stage... and above it, secretly looking down on the folly of human blunders, were not the inescapable grasp of GODS, but our wittless, abandoned equipment...HAHAHA! This is a COMEDY! That which I was searching for, the true memories, THEY WERE --"
Outside of Paradigm City. Enough is said.
OOOHHH! I gave meself CHILLS! Later.
| subarug |
10-08-2005 08:40 PM |
Could be...Could be....
On another aspect my wife and I have been talking about the Superdome, and Director etc...
Even though we see it....Big Duo Crashes into it...It could all just be a metaphor... I mean to God , the WORLD is a stage for humanity to unfold...life is a scriptless play where the actors determine the ending as it goes along...It could be real...or it could just be all representative of something larger...do we know? No... Does the writer? Who really knows! All I know is after my next time around thru, im going to come to a conclusion and elaborate on it.
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-10-2005 09:13 AM |
| quote: |
| Dorothy means "Gift From God" |
Cool! My name means "Gift To man Kind" thats a laugh!
---------------------
Listen, I know almost all, if not all, Big O Truth seeking freaks and fans have proberly done this; but out of a bout of bordum I took a theasarus and diction ary and looked up Paradigm, again, in the theasarus it said prototype was another word and in the dictionary model and something else... Patten! Or example!
ANd I've come to a conclution; Paradigm City = Data, statistics, do humans choose the samething every time? Is our future definate? Can we change our desinys? Do we HAVE destinys? Possibly even the meaning of life! ('sept everyone knows it's 42).