Who would you rather be?
| DorothyFan1 |
10-05-2005 05:23 PM |
Okay...how about this one. If you could choose which character to be in Paradigm City which one would you choose? Roger Smith, Dorothy Waynewright, Schwarzwald, Angel Rosewater, Alex Rosewater, Allan Gabriel, Beck, Dan Dastun, or Norman?
Now think carefully on this one. Why would you want to be that character and explain your reasons. As for myself...I'll keep that one secret until I see some of your responses for now.
| Hobodoken |
10-05-2005 06:03 PM |
I would honestly have to say Schwarzwald.
Dying in the desert would be a drag and all, but:
1) Fire is fun.
B) Searching for the Truth seems like a much more worthwile way to spend time than trying to get into The Negotiator's pants, hairbrained schemes, cleaning, being a phsychotic homicidal cyborg, driving a city into the ground, or enforcing unjust laws on an oppressed people. Being a Negotiator though... well, I don't have the temper for that.
iv) Big Duo.
They'll spend all day looking for point 3...
| spiked-knives |
10-05-2005 06:34 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Hobodoken
I would honestly have to say Schwarzwald.
Dying in the desert would be a drag and all, but:
1) Fire is fun.
B) Searching for the Truth seems like a much more worthwile way to spend time than trying to get into The Negotiator's pants, hairbrained schemes, cleaning, being a phsychotic homicidal cyborg, driving a city into the ground, or enforcing unjust laws on an oppressed people. Being a Negotiator though... well, I don't have the temper for that.
iv) Big Duo.
They'll spend all day looking for point 3... |
im gonna agree with u on this. schwarzwald would be an awesome character to be. though i would probelly get really hot in all those bandages. but still it would be cool searching for the truth, piolating a big, trying to enlighted people.
Beck. Sure he gets his ass kicked all the time, but he always bounces back. Nothing can hold him down for long. Not even a maximum security prison, electrocution, multiple faceoffs with a Big, and the end of the world.
So says I.
| Tony Waynewrong |
10-05-2005 11:40 PM |
As much as I would love to be Norman, I hate to admit that I would most likely be Timothy Wayneright. I would love to create Megadeuses and Androids.
| Klrrjess |
10-06-2005 08:51 AM |
I think I would like to be Dorothy, because I know darn well that there's waaaaay more to her than they ever showed us, but sadly, I'd probably end up being Angel. I have a bad habit of picking the wrong job, the wrong guy, the wrong outfit to wear in the rain. I'm kinda spoiled and headstrong, and hate being told what to do. All of that aside, I really don't like Angel. Just never did. I'm pro- Dorothy and Anti- Angel.
| Nine Kuze |
10-06-2005 01:34 PM |
Give me Roger Smith, because dude's rich, he drives the Griffon, he lives with both Norman and Dorothy, gets to pilot Big O, and looking at the end of Act 26, he is seen everything (or probably everything) about Paradigm City.
Also, you can't say no to the tailor made suits his always wearing.
Peace.
| BethMcBeth |
10-06-2005 05:39 PM |
I would defently be Dorothy I think it would be really interesting to see the world through the eyes of an Android. ^_^" Not to mention I also love her sarcastic remarks!
-Beth
| YoruameBaroness |
10-06-2005 07:18 PM |
I'd so want to be Angel. Then I'd be sexy. Beautiful people have all the fun.
| BigPrime |
10-07-2005 07:16 PM |
Roger Smith is the kind of man I'd like to be (albeit less of a louse). Though I'd probably just wind up a ranting kook like Schwarzwald....
| A Clockwork Tomato |
10-07-2005 10:04 PM |
Let's see ... Roger has this sexy android chick who's in love with him, Beck's got nothin', Schwarzwald's got nothin, Dastun has a chance at Angel, Norman's got nothin, and Alex and Alan arguably have each other.
I'd rather be Roger Smith!
Oh, and being rich and having a Megadeus might be fun, too.
| Big Money |
10-07-2005 10:07 PM |
Norman. Because, hell, what wouldn't I do with the ability to materialize really big guns?
| quote: |
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
Let's see ... Roger has this sexy android chick who's in love with him, Beck's got nothin', Schwarzwald's got nothin, Dastun has a chance at Angel, Norman's got nothin, and Alex and Alan arguably have each other.
I'd rather be Roger Smith!
Oh, and being rich and having a Megadeus might be fun, too. |
I will happily argue in support of the notion of Alan and Alex having each other...?
Beck, dudes. All about the Beck. He's a survivor, dammit.
And he's so effing hot.
| DorothyFan1 |
10-08-2005 02:17 PM |
To be frank with all of you...I'd like to be the DIRECTOR of Paradigm City. Yeah, I know...it's not one of the options I mentioned in the original thread...but consider the benefits of being this character. You can see all the action that happens in the City...you can also choose who gets to live or die. (Think about THAT one). Having all that power.
If that's what Angel Rosewater had...I seriously don't understand her confusion in Act 26. It's either because she was in love with Roger Smith and chose to reset the program back only so she could continue the hologram program called Paradigm City (face it people, Paradigm was a hologram). But if that's the case then, it could be argued that Angel Rosewater is in serious need of psychiatric help. She's in love with a non existant man...a dream fantasy (Roger Smith).
But this assumes we choose to believe Paradigm City was just that...a computer generated fantasy. If it is...then The Event happened because people like Schwarzwald started to realize they weren't real. And this makes me wonder about those words spoken by Schwarzwald?! in Act 25 (I'm surprised nobody mentioned this) "This is a comedy! These memories...they were...." and then Big Duo exploded over the Paradigm Dome.
Nobody has mentioned that this was THE voice of Schwarzwald speaking in Act 25. No one. I believe Schwarzwald was killed HERE...not prior to the final episodes. This means Schwarzwald became Big Duo and died trying to get free from the confines of the illusion that was Paradigm City.
But I wouldn't want to be Angel Rosewater because she chose to believe in the fantasy in the hopes of regaining some semblence of reality that was forever lost. Schwarzwald chose to fight the illusion that was Paradigm and paid the price with his life. I think he was the real hero of the series...no matter how demented he seemed. He tried to show Roger Smith the truth...but for some obscure reason Roger chose to ignore this.
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-10-2005 08:38 AM |
None, 'cos they are their one characters! I'd rarther be my own personal Big O Fan charrie, S.H.I.V.A, I hope to get her image on my siggy soon! ^_^
| quote: |
| She's in love with a non existant man...a dream fantasy (Roger Smith). |
Isn't everyone? I don't mean Roger spicificly, but I think there is a part of everyone who loves someone who doesn't really exist, their perfict person, most people though can see that this person isn't real and can get on with their lives... Is that what Angel did? At the end of act 26? Or did she just carry on with the fantasy...? That is the question!
| quote: |
| Schwarzwald chose to fight the illusion that was Paradigm and paid the price with his life. I think he was the real hero of the series...no matter how demented he seemed. He tried to show Roger Smith the truth...but for some obscure reason Roger chose to ignore this. |
I agree, Roger was the main character (next to Big O) but Schwarzwald is the real hero, the hero no one likes in real life, the villanos (sp?) hero. Dan is the hero behind the sceens; the police ECT... Who often get ignored. Roger is the hero who does small things, but LOTS of them and gets noticed, even if it is ain a roundabout way.
| DJX Prime |
10-16-2005 07:35 AM |
I'd have to say that I'd like to be Roger because of the Big O, the car, the andriod, the wealth, and the mansion with gun placements in it for home security. However, I think I act a bit more like Dastun mainly because of work.
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-17-2005 06:57 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by DJX Prime
I'd have to say that I'd like to be Roger because of the Big O, the car, the andriod, the wealth, and the mansion with gun placements in it for home security. However, I think I act a bit more like Dastun mainly because of work. |
Yeah, but think of the down sides... You'd have to try and work out what the hell is happening with Angel and Dorothy without angering one of them (I'm not sure who would be worse!) and you'd have to have a level head and a silver tongh to negotiate, AND learn how to yell into your watch without laughing, and this ain't easy! I should know.
| Rodger_Sfan |
10-18-2005 05:10 PM |
If I was a guy I would go with Rodger Smith but I'll go with Angel to be the sypathetic ear that Rodger wants , and even share the bed and be the Official Massager for his tummy muscles and body tenions but that 's how far I'm willing to go , for now .
| Ollen70 |
10-18-2005 06:06 PM |
Honestly, piloting a megadeus is where it's at, so I'd have to say Roger Smith is my character of choice. Of course, gender aside, it might be interesting to be Vera, because, when you come right down to it, crazy, zealotic people REALLY have all the fun.
| A Clockwork Tomato |
10-18-2005 08:54 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Ollen70
Of course, gender aside, it might be interesting to be Vera, because, when you come right down to it, crazy, zealotic people REALLY have all the fun. |
I think you'll find that crazy people and zealots aren't happy at all.
Besides, Vera never did anything that worked. All of her plans failed, and she was wrong about practically everything. How much fun is that? She's a a big-talking failure. I can just see her as Beck's sister.