The X-Box 360

Nine Kuze 10-05-2005 12:27 PM
I was going through my e-mail and I thought that you video game hustlers would enjoy this. It's about the new video game lineup that Microsoft is pumping for the new X-Box 360 later in year in November.

Enjoy X-Box 360's Games.

And check this two other links out as well:

Best Video Game
Academy Anime Awards

Peace.
Patsai 10-05-2005 04:49 PM
Too Human looks interesting...
X Prime 10-05-2005 07:33 PM
...Oh God. You mentioned the new Too Human looking interesting...

*Ducks for cover from the firestorm of rage that will be imminently unleashed from Cerpin Taxt*
Generalissimo D 10-05-2005 08:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime

*Ducks for cover from the firestorm of rage that will be imminently unleashed from Cerpin Taxt*

Whuz Doc Gonzo got against that game? Confused
Edit: Oh. I know now. Neutral Oh Well Frown Mad

I really hope the Superman game makes up for all the failures the other ones have been called. But I'm just an optimist...and they should have delayed another year to keep the 360 from being a pathetic hack job.

Who wants to make a bet halfway through this cycle they start making add-ons and upgrades to crap you have to buy?
Lupin IV 10-05-2005 08:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy

I really hope the Superman game makes up for all the failures the other ones have been called.

Didn't care for Superman64? Frown

Wink
David Ryder 10-06-2005 01:38 AM
wow nov. just in time for my b-day, shame I really don't care about the 360. oh well, jsut gonna wait on PS3 or rev.
Patsai 10-06-2005 02:03 AM
quote:

Dunno. To be honest, I think the XBOX 360 has some potential for the new generation.
Sir Nise 10-06-2005 08:36 AM
It has plenty of potential. Especially with xbox live doing so well. The games look straight, i guess.

I just can't wait for Super Microsoft Party Bash Bros.
dtk91 10-07-2005 09:59 PM
Ive had my xbox reserved for 5 months and i also have lots of games reserved: Elder Scrolls 4, Condemned, and PGR3. I'm getting the 400$ system. I already have Xbox Live so im good... but I need a new headset and luckily the 400$ xbox comes with a free headset Tongue ... it also comes with lots of other things! I can't wait!!! im going there at midnite just like i did for halo 2!!
C.R Foxhound 10-17-2005 07:19 PM
AS much as i would like to get a 360, im gona have to wait, i still wanna get a bunch of games for the current gen ad some old dreamcast/saturn games. Speaking of dreamcast, i look at the 360 and its like im looking at a possible descendent of the dreamcast, hell, the x-box IS the damn dreamcast in a lot of ways

Just another reason why sega pwnz Pleased
Travis Bickle 11-02-2005 06:41 PM
I went to Walmart today to get some stuff, and I stopped in the electronics section just for the heck of it. Turns out you can play the 360 there, so I gave it a try.

I played the Kameo demo for about 10 minutes or less. Man, does Rare suck these days:

I then played the Call of Duty 2 demo for about 5 minutes and then lost interest due to how boring it was:

After that, I checked out the King Kong demo, which is probably the most retarded thing I played this year:

This is probably the worst console I've played next to the 3DO. I get better graphics on my pc using a mediocre graphics card. The controller is meh. The games suck. I laugh at anyone who spent $400 on this.
Sharpshooter005 11-02-2005 06:43 PM
quote:
I then played the Call of Duty 2 demo for about 5 minutes and then lost interest due to how boring it was:

I have it on my computer.

I've played it maybe FIVE TIMES now. Not sure if I'll buy it...I'm cheap, I may buy RE4 soon and..unless I can find all 4 silent hills (this is what I dearly hope for anyway) on sale around christmas thats it for a few months AT LEAST.

edit: Cross 3 off that list...no place had either 4 (which I've heard isn't terribly good..) 1 (which I never finished) or 2 (Which is the one I completely and absolutely LOVE.)
X Prime 11-02-2005 08:06 PM
quote:

I've played it maybe FIVE TIMES now. Not sure if I'll buy it...I'm cheap, I may buy RE4 soon and..unless I can find all 4 silent hills (this is what I dearly hope for anyway) on sale around christmas thats it for a few months AT LEAST.

One word: EBAY.

Silent Hill 1 and 2 are Greatest Hits and are thus dirt cheap.

Silent Hill 3 and 4 are just plain cheap, I snagged SH4 for 20 bucks in Manhattan's big Toys' R' Us store. They had like 20 copies.
Generalissimo D 11-02-2005 08:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo

Is that...a really low-res smartgun? I'm gonna bust out AVP2 to verify this...but that does look awfully familiar.
088nd 11-02-2005 09:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
This is probably the worst console I've played next to the 3DO. I get better graphics on my pc using a mediocre graphics card. The controller is meh. The games suck. I laugh at anyone who spent $400 on this.

Somehow I doubt that any PC can get better graphics than the 360. You can force it to, but your FPS will be like sh** in a bucket. But yeah, game selection you showed didn't appear too great. People will still buy it for Halo though. Good luck to them, I hope they have fun with a $400 paper-weight.
Patsai 11-02-2005 09:49 PM
Is the XBOX 360 backwards compatible? Because I heard recently that the PS3 won't have that feature, so I'm wondering if this console may run into the same problem. Confused
X Prime 11-02-2005 11:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
Is the XBOX 360 backwards compatible? Because I heard recently that the PS3 won't have that feature, so I'm wondering if this console may run into the same problem. Confused

It supposedly IS backwards compatible, with even texture upgrades available.

Thing is, I don't know how they pulled it off with two totally different graphics' chips.
Sir Nise 11-03-2005 08:15 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai

It supposedly IS backwards compatible, with even texture upgrades available.

Thing is, I don't know how they pulled it off with two totally different graphics' chips.

It's backwards compatible with games that are "Hits", but you would need to buy the 360 with a hard drive in order to play old XBOX games.

Should the better chip make due for the older one the original xbox used?
Sharpshooter005 11-08-2005 04:53 PM
quote:
low-res smartgun

The Thompson .45 caliber submachinegun.

Wether you're killing Nazis, or rival mafioso, accept no substitutes.

edit: I have no clue if its supposed to be an M1 or an M1A1. Maybe someone else can tell just from a screenshot. I suppose I'm just not that good.

It's definately not a pre-M1. The compensator is gone, and also...yeah they used either M1s or M1A1s in world war 2.
Travis Bickle 11-11-2005 04:09 PM
So let me get this straight...

In 11 days, the 360 comes out. However, the launch titles aren't confirmed, there is a terrible shortage of consoles, and all the features (backwards compatibility, some LIVE functions, etc) have not yet been fully disclosed.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS THIS IS CRAZY?