The X-Box 360

Generalissimo D 11-11-2005 07:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
So let me get this straight...

In 11 days, the 360 comes out. However, the launch titles aren't confirmed, there is a terrible shortage of consoles, and all the features (backwards compatibility, some LIVE functions, etc) have not yet been fully disclosed.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS THIS IS CRAZY?

Seeing how microsoft is, they'll probably release it the day RIGHT BEFORE to try to put you into a frenzyish rush.
AndroidZeroX 11-11-2005 09:28 PM
Well here is your compatibility list. Fresh off the press.

Compatible Xbox Games on 360
Travis Bickle 11-11-2005 09:33 PM
That's it! I'm not buying it because none of the Yu Gi Oh games aren't on there!

:pouts:
AndroidZeroX 11-12-2005 01:18 PM
Im pretty satisfied with the list, but i was hoping the BattleField Modern Combat would be compatible but it isnt on the list. Its kinda new so im hoping it will compatible.
Travis Bickle 11-12-2005 01:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AndroidZeroX
Im pretty satisfied with the list, but i was hoping the BattleField Modern Combat would be compatible but it isnt on the list. Its kinda new so im hoping it will compatible.

If I'm not mistaken, they're releasing a 360 version of it, so...there, I guess?
Patsai 11-12-2005 02:46 PM
Hmm...nothing on the list remotely interesting. I wanted the console for Call of Duty, but I don't know now. I'll just have to wait and see until user reviews pop up on Gamespot.
AndroidZeroX 11-12-2005 05:07 PM
quote:
quote:

If I'm not mistaken, they're releasing a 360 version of it, so...there, I guess?

Yes it says they are on the Gamespot website, but ive asked all the stores around me and their computers show no signs of that happening.

Oh well!
Travis Bickle 11-12-2005 05:15 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes it says they are on the Gamespot website, but ive asked all the stores around me and their computers show no signs of that happening.

Oh well!

It's coming out. That and BURNOUT for XBOX 360.

BUT they're releasing some games a week or more before the console comes out. Sloppiest. Launch. EVAH!
David Ryder 11-12-2005 06:16 PM
they had a display set up at target....played it for like 5 mins and got tired of it. also the graphics hmmmm my computer has better graphics 95% of the time. pass.
AndroidZeroX 11-21-2005 04:45 PM
Does anyone have an idea how long it will take for them to send out the second shipment cause i got pushed back to that unfortunatly. Ive researched and got a whole bunch of statements, all ranging from the end of Nov. to end of March. Anyone have anything they can tell me??
Travis Bickle 11-21-2005 04:46 PM
quote:
Does anyone have an idea how long it will take for them to send out the second shipment cause i got pushed back to that unfortunatly. Ive researched and got a whole bunch of statements, all ranging from the end of Nov. to end of March. Anyone have anything they can tell me??

Middle of February
AndroidZeroX 11-21-2005 04:50 PM
for one shipment!!!???? It cant take 3 months to make that few xbox 360's.
Travis Bickle 11-21-2005 04:52 PM
quote:
for one shipment!!!???? It cant take 3 months to make that few xbox 360's.

According the EBs, Gamestops, FYEs, Best Buys and Circuit Cities I went to....FEBRUARY. TOUGH LUCK!
AndroidZeroX 11-21-2005 05:28 PM
Eh no big deal. My friend is sitting outside Target tonight because he refuses to wait. Hes camping out from midnight to 8am! Hes bringing a tent and everything haha
Mike 11-21-2005 06:14 PM
I was in Gamestop the other day, and to be honest, the graphics don't look that much better than the current Xbox.
Mugiwara Luffy 11-21-2005 08:38 PM
It is my opinion that the X-Box 360 is waste of $400?

Can anyone tell me why it even exists? How did the original X-Box become obsolete so quickly? What's so great about the 360?

Microsoft is releasing this prematurely, soley so they can "win" the "console war". I think, and hope, that they lose.
Paradigm Dog 11-21-2005 09:52 PM
I don't understand XBOX 360. As has been said, the graphics and capabilities shown thus far aren't much different than the original XBOX. Also, once again, the launch titles and titles coming down the pipe don't look to be must haves. Some of them, like Perfect Dark Zero, seem rushed. Plus, why are some of the games like "GUN" even out for 360?? They exist for the older systems and look the same. That'd be like if Sony had put out MGS1 for the PS2 and it looked exactly the same as it did for PS1. I find it ironic that it took the Dreamcast's controller more or less--Dreamcast is forgotten and suddenly 360 is the greatest controller ever. Like the Dreamcast (which actually wasn't that bad of a system), XBOX 360 looks like its going to suffer from not enough consistantly strong titles and also, being out too early to be super effective in the long run. It will only stay afloat because of its Microsoft name and backing, much like the first XBOX did more often than not.

This whole cycle of "Console Wars" doesn't make much sense actually. Games like Resident Evil 4 and the upcoming Zelda: Twilight Princess are putting next gen on current gen, so why are we ready for the next gen? I think it's because the industry secretly has been having its share of money troubles (as has come to light through Nintendo's Reggie Fil-Aimes and others) and the companies need big ticket items to help keep afloat.

As it is, I see no reason to buy XBOX 360 unless you're one of those people who needs to have the latest things in technology just to tinker with them.

PS3 looks to be a machine that's over-powered and will be priced so high that I'll have to wait for the middle or end of its cycle to get one, but will have some instant classic games like MSG4. It's bound to get most of the mainstream titles gamers since the 80s have loved. Even if it doesn't get the franchises I expect it will, it'll come out on top in the end because of image reasons alone I think.

Nintendo Revolution is the wildcard and by far the most interesting. Its unique play ideas, still remaining secrets, and the way it's attracting 3rd party supporters suggests a powerful, refreshing launch. It is being underestimated because too many people have a stigma on Nintendo. In reality, it has the most to offer as far as gaming goes this new generation. Its power will be more than enough given that Gamecube games like RE4 and Z:TP have shown the current generation never hit its peak and could go head to head with the new gen. And its price point has been noted as considerably lower than the others.

Nintendo largely wasted the Gamecube and was hurt by marketing stigmas, and thus has stumbled greatly because of it. But they seem to be turning the corner as DS gets more and more interesting games, GBA continues to shine with fun, a simple Nintendo Wi-Fi system is out for the masses, and Zelda: TP is seeing the most effort given by Nintendo for an individual game in a long time.

Nintendo's gearing up to be the workhorse it once was when it developed the D-pad, shoulder buttons, trigger button, analog stick, rumble pack, etc. We all know PS3 is going to be a good status quo machine with cool games, but The Revolution is really is the one to watch when it comes to bringing back the mind-blowing excitement of videogames like the first time one played Mario Bros or Mario 64. Revolution seems to be the one that will put the NEXT in next-gen.
088nd 11-21-2005 09:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I was in Gamestop the other day, and to be honest, the graphics don't look that much better than the current Xbox.

I disagree. They look better than the original Xbox. However, the new box doesn't really have the processing power, and lots of the games have portions that run at really low framerates. The graphics weren't as good as I thought they would be, but still heaps better than the older box in terms of bumpmapping and lighting.

quote:
Microsoft is releasing this prematurely, soley so they can "win" the "console war".

I agree with you that they're releasing it prematurely. The launch titles aren't all that great, accessories aren't readily available, nor are systems. I think Microsoft is starting to create its own demand for the box by limiting the number themselves, to make the launch bigger than it should be and gain the box a little bit of credibility after the dismal performance of the original. I really believe that PS3 is just going to blow this thing out of the water.
Mugiwara Luffy 11-21-2005 10:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd-DEpTH
I really believe that PS3 is just going to blow this thing out of the water.

Definitely, and Revolution will sidle next to it and put up a good fight. Of the three, PS3 is the one to have. I think PS3 and Revolution will cover the "must have" games. 360 will have whatever third party games PS3 has, and a few exclusives. Not really worth it. All systems will be online next generation, so X-Box LIVE isn't really an arguing point now.

I don't even think we need new consoles yet. As Paradigm Dog said, games like Resident Evil 4 and Twilight Princess show the previously unrevealed power of the Gamecube. But that always happens with consoles. Compare Mario 64 to Majora's Mask. MM had much better graphics.

So games at the end of a console's life tend to look the best. This will be true for the next generation as well. But by then, it might be too hard to tell a difference in graphics, they'll be so good.

It ain't all graphics, which is why the Revolution will have a strong following. To some people, it is graphics, which is why the PS3 will be on top. And some people are just impatient so they'll have the X-Box 360.
David Ryder 11-23-2005 07:36 AM
yeah they sold out everywhere. but I'm just gonna wait until PS3 and might pick up a rev depending on if the games are good or not. also the 360's line up of titles are a joke, like 80% of them are on other systems. example Gun, a great western action/adeventure/RPG game is already on PS2, GC and several other's so it seems kinda pointless to release it. and once again 360 is going to just be a ton of tired and worn out first person shooters, hurray.