Nintendo Revolution backwards compatibility

Lupin IV 10-02-2005 02:39 PM
Does anyone know if the revolution will be able to play GC disks straight out of the box? I recently bought Resident Evil2 on the gc, so my current RE collection on the system is RE0,REmake,RE:CV,and RE4. So two more to go. Or is the only way to play GC games on the Revolution to download them?
Zopwx2 10-02-2005 03:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lupin IV
Does anyone know if the revolution will be able to play GC disks straight out of the box? I recently bought Resident Evil2 on the gc, so my current RE collection on the system is RE0,REmake,RE:CV,and RE4. So two more to go. Or is the only way to play GC games on the Revolution to download them?

Yeah what I hear is that it can play both GC and Rev discs without any extra stuff.
paul1290 10-02-2005 05:27 PM
Yes, it can play Gamecube disks. I think Gamecube games would be rather troublesome to download. Also it has 4 Gamecube controller ports and 2 Gamecube memory card sockets hidden behind a plastic cover on its side.
TheNegotiator 10-14-2005 08:31 AM
Not only that, but it will be able to download all the old games online. Like N64, SNES, and NES games. So you can download Narc from NES and play it on your revolutions. Pretty cool.
Steel 10-14-2005 12:51 PM
If that's true, than perhaps Revolution won't be so bad. I still regret the controller deal. Mad

This upcoming system war will be interesting.
paul1290 10-14-2005 05:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Steel
If that's true, than perhaps Revolution won't be so bad. I still regret the controller deal. Mad

This upcoming system war will be interesting.

Don't worry, if you don't like the revolution controller you can always get the conventional controller shell.