Episode 29 Discussion: "The Untainted Child"

Shredder 10-01-2005 10:28 PM
Tonight's episode is filled with important information that's significant to the rest of the series. Some of it is obvious, but there's also a few references to characters and events that will be explained in more detail later. Enjoy!
evanASF27 10-01-2005 11:02 PM
that human alchemy stuff gets freaky o_o ...the flashbacks to the transmutation of Ed+Al's mom were EXTREMELY disturbing.

spoiler (highlight to read):
Who was that old hag on the roof?? O_o

Amazing episode. One of my favorites definately. Big Grin
R.Smith 10-01-2005 11:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by P.D.Q. Beck
that human alchemy stuff gets freaky o_o ...the flashbacks to the transmutation of Ed+Al's mom were EXTREMELY disturbing.

I agree. I was like....... whoa!.....ewww.......

I think I'm more confused after seeing this episode then I was before it. Oh Well
Raven 10-01-2005 11:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
Enjoy!

That's something I don't get to do much with ths show... Oh well, that was an ok episode. Some nice plot twists too. I just can't bring myself to like Izumi as of yet.

To R.Smith

Don't take my word for it, but I believe that is one of Greed's henchmen.
Wingnut 10-01-2005 11:13 PM
What I want to know is what is up with Izumi and her seemingly random coughing up of blood?
Ed's flashbacks explained a lot of stuff. Unlike those before me I was not wierded out at all. Although the arm and leg thing did make me go WOAH!/Crikey! Shocked
Sephiroth 10-02-2005 12:06 PM
Since my internet finally works again, I can actually post my thoughts on last night's episode. I understand why those who have not had their minds spoiled by reading what happens next would be confused. However, a lot more light is shed on this whole debacle in the next several episodes. Anywho, the little black things that took Ed's leg and arm were very very creepy, especially when he saw them all smiling at him from behind the door. And the arm/leg being possesed by our inhuman little friend was odd, but it does explain the discoloration and will eventually explain a little more, that will be a slightly major importance.

And yes, Raven is right, the little man on the rooftop is a henchman of Greed's. He is however, relatively unimportant.

Oh and....only a hand full of days until Greed finally makes his triumphant appearance. He was actually mentioned in tonight's episode. When Envy was on the phone he said: "Lust and Gluttony will handle Greed.." for those who were not very perceptive.

Oh and for all those who wonder whyt I absolutely loathe the as yet unnamed young boy, you should have understood by the end of this episode. So much yelling, so much crying, so much noise. Plus, he made himself into a bed. I mean, how lame is that?
Volt 10-02-2005 12:27 PM
Awesome episode. A lot happened in such a short amount of time. My favorite part was either when a) Ed started punching the kid, b) the kid fused himself to the bed (hahaha what a chump), or c) the whole gate thing. I don't get why the kid fused the rock to his hand in the beginning though. Weird. I wish he would just fuse himself to an oven so someone could cook him.
Also, the thing Izumi went to at the end reminded me of a transmutation circle.
I think it's pretty obvious by now that the kid is the result of Izumi's failed human transmutation. She treats him just like a son, and there were a few other moments that made it seem like it.
I have a feeling that she transmuted her kid at that circle, and it ended up screwed up like Ed and Al's mom. After she left, it dragged itself into the gate, hence the line in the dirt (he only had one leg), then stayed there until it got Ed's arm and leg. Or maybe not. But I guess it could work.
Green_Bird 10-02-2005 07:02 PM
What I think is Moofy/the kid/untainted child/unamed child/
Wrath/Pre-Wrath/anime Wrath
whatever you want to call him. Can't really control what he does most of the time. So that could be why he fused the bed and himself together...Or atleast that's what I think....I don't know how BONES had it set out...

But anyways...last nights was a good episode Smile ....
IIMNY 10-03-2005 12:52 AM
This was a great episode! You could tell at the beginning of the episode that something was not right, and thats confirmed in the middle part of the episode. The stuff just hit the fan at the end though. We find out even more about the accident and just how powerful Al is with alchemy. So much is set to happen in the next episodes. I know something huge is going to happen and I have my ideas, but I don't know exactly.

This is the hallmark of great storytelling!
Gummibear 10-03-2005 10:18 AM
I'm surprised that after living through all that that Ed and Al are emotionally sound ( or at least somewhat). The image of his mother was pretty damn freaky. I would have nightmares for the rest of my natural life after living though something like that. Excellent episode!
Madrona 10-03-2005 03:39 PM
Most of you have what's coming up right in front of you. It's been laid out on a platter ready for you to eat it up.

I personally am looking forward to the return of Greed. He makes things interesting.

I always liked that detour into the gate. I could go without seeing the "restored" thing that is Ed & Al's mom. Big lesson here..don't mess with the flow of life and death. Dead things should stay dead.