:: Nominations For 2006's Best Video Game ::

Nine Kuze 09-28-2005 03:36 PM
Hey, everybody. This is Paradigm City's top huster, Nine XXVI and I just wanted to give a shout out to all the video game playas out there. I recently put up a thread in the Ailesberry Farm Forums called the 'Academy Animated Awards' where the members of the forums here vote for nominees in certain categories given and the newest category I just put up was Best Video Game.

Click here to check it out.
So, go over and put down your nominations for not only best video game in 2005 but for the other categories as well. Thanks for listening.
Peace.
Patsai 09-28-2005 05:42 PM
OooooOooo...this is a toughy. I'd like to say Resident Evil 4, both on the GC and the PS2. Still to this day not have found a game that is equivalent to how great this game is yet. Well, besides EarthBound, but that's eleven years back.
The Fallen Phoenix 09-28-2005 06:05 PM
Although it is still a good two months away from a North American release, I have no qualms predicting that Dragon Quest VIII will probably take the cake for best PS2 game of the year. If not, at least best RPG of the year. Its soundtrack isn't spectacular, though...I think Dragon Quest VII's soundtrack is probably better.

I'll admit Digital Devil Saga 2 will probably give Dragon Quest VIII a run for its money, however.

Can't really say for other systems, though.

And all of that is just my own opinion...I know just about everyone else will likely disagree with me.
Lupin IV 09-28-2005 06:43 PM
I'd probably vote Resident Evil 4. It's a shame Twilight Princess was delayed to 2006.
David Ryder 09-28-2005 06:52 PM
this is not to tough. Digital Devil Saga is my fave game of this year. but with the new castlevania for the ps2 coming out soon, same for SC3. Dragon Ball 8 errrrr...I mean Dragon Warrior 8 looks rockin to, despite Akira Toriyama's ever so unorignal designs. Also looking for to Suikoden V, which so far is beyond amazing.
Generalissimo D 09-28-2005 07:02 PM
Twlight Princess gets an honorable award.

F.E.A.R. is shaping up to be the best game ever made though. My vote goes to Destroy All Humans for ones already released. Not even for the gameplay...its the humor that makes it shine. How can you not like a game that is an everlasting tribute to Ed Wood?
088nd 09-28-2005 07:28 PM
It hasn't been released yet, but my vote goes to SOCOM III.

>_>
Sharpshooter005 09-28-2005 10:01 PM
quote:
F.E.A.R. is shaping up to be the best game ever made though.

Really? The sequel didn't make it look like a proper sequel to deus ex...

(deus ex > *, for all time)
Volt 09-28-2005 11:15 PM
Sharp, I was about to say almost the exact same thing. O_O Deus Ex is god. And a butchered latin phrase that means God From. But mainly just god.
I'm not gonna say which is best until the year is over, because RE4 is really the only game I've bought from this year (which is sort of sad...), and some of my most wanted games are coming out at the end of the year.
Actually, Minish Cap was one of the other games I bought this year that was released this year, and, strange as it may seem, it's really a contender for my favorite game this year... this year. Sweatdrop
Nine Kuze 09-29-2005 04:35 PM
Thanks for responding everybody.

I just wanted to put this up to see how the category was shaping up and see what games you guys had in mine.

Peace.
Sharpshooter005 09-29-2005 05:04 PM
quote:
Sharp, I was about to say almost the exact same thing. O_O Deus Ex is god. And a butchered latin phrase that means God From. But mainly just god.

Deus Ex 2 was a crime against humanity easily on par with anything thats happened in the Sudan.

There, I said it. Don't pretend you didn't think it at least once when playing that demo.
Patsai 09-29-2005 07:15 PM
Why is it whenever one of these "Best video game" awards pop up on the forum somebody yells out "TLOZ: The Twilight Princess!!!" yet the game hasn't even been released yet? I like Zelda and all, but seriously, that shouldn't even be a choice. IT DOESN'T COME OUT UNTIL NEXT YEAR! IT'S NOT A 2005 GAME!
paul1290 09-29-2005 07:25 PM
As for me, I nominate:
Killer 7

Seriously, I'm so addicted to this game. I shouldn't really be that good of a game, the gameplay is so shallow. Yet somehow it keeps me playing it again and again for some strange reason I'm not quite sure of. I don't know wether it's the art style, the music, or the storyline that makes this game so darn good, but it's my favorite game of 2005. I don't really care what EGM and GamePro think, Killer 7 rules!!!
Generalissimo D 09-29-2005 07:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
Why is it whenever one of these "Best video game" awards pop up on the forum somebody yells out "TLOZ: The Twilight Princess!!!" yet the game hasn't even been released yet? I like Zelda and all, but seriously, that shouldn't even be a choice. IT DOESN'T COME OUT UNTIL NEXT YEAR! IT'S NOT A 2005 GAME!

Why do you think I meant by 'honorary award'?

Killer 7 looks good enough to be it, I might add. Havent had a go at it yet..
paul1290 09-29-2005 07:57 PM
I think RE 4 might have a really good chance at this due to it's popularity. I mean, it sold more than GTA:SA and Halo 2 at one point!

Killer 7 still has my vote though. Although it will probably have a hard time keeping up with the other ones because few people have even heard about it. There is also the fact that a lot of people simply can't put up with the controls long enough to give the game a chance.
Buck Buck #1 09-29-2005 08:27 PM
One of the few games that I've played that I know came out this year is Lego Star Wars. It might look like a kiddy game, but it's actually really fun.
dtk91 09-29-2005 11:48 PM
Where's all of the halo 2 nominations!!!! I say RE4 and halo 2.
David Ryder 09-29-2005 11:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
As for me, I nominate:
Killer 7

Seriously, I'm so addicted to this game. I shouldn't really be that good of a game, the gameplay is so shallow. Yet somehow it keeps me playing it again and again for some strange reason I'm not quite sure of. I don't know wether it's the art style, the music, or the storyline that makes this game so darn good, but it's my favorite game of 2005. I don't really care what EGM and GamePro think, Killer 7 rules!!!

I have heard of Killer 7 and I do admit it looks really cool. I'm going to give it a go one of these days. also I have stopped care what biased magazine say now a days,FF this FF that, yawn.
Lupin IV 09-30-2005 04:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dtk91

Didn't Halo2 come out 04'?
088nd 09-30-2005 04:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lupin IV
quote:
Originally posted by dtk91

Didn't Halo2 come out 04'?

For one, yes.

And for two, Halo 2 wasn't good at all.