:: Nominations For 2006's Best Video Game ::

paul1290 09-30-2005 06:01 PM
quote:
posted by Gaddas:
I have heard of Killer 7 and I do admit it looks really cool. I'm going to give it a go one of these days. also I have stopped care what biased magazine say now a days,FF this FF that, yawn.

Yea I know, biased magazine reviewers have a really really disgusting amount of influence over the public's choice of games. They're probably responsible for the death of a lot of great games.
(They killed Second Sight!!! They completely killed it!!! And they killed Geist too!!! And now they're about to destroy Killer 7!!! Crying )


I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Timesplitters: Future Perfect yet. It's one of the best multi-player first person shooters out there and nobody has said anything about it. Confused
Schwarzwald 09-30-2005 08:55 PM
Only the games in 2005?

If not I'
d obhviously pick Skies of Arcadia Big Grin

But otherwise Half Life 2 and it's very easy to mod Source system.

Great story, great voice acting, fantasic psyics. Great building systems making it easier to make mods for. And the recently added HDR features. Half Life 2 is a fantastic game.
Volt 10-01-2005 12:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
Only the games in 2005?

If not I'
d obhviously pick Skies of Arcadia Big Grin

But otherwise Half Life 2 and it's very easy to mod Source system.

Great story, great voice acting, fantasic psyics. Great building systems making it easier to make mods for. And the recently added HDR features. Half Life 2 is a fantastic game.


Sorry, but HL2 was from 2004.
088nd 10-02-2005 06:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
Only the games in 2005?

If not I'
d obhviously pick Skies of Arcadia Big Grin

But otherwise Half Life 2 and it's very easy to mod Source system.

Great story, great voice acting, fantasic psyics. Great building systems making it easier to make mods for. And the recently added HDR features. Half Life 2 is a fantastic game.


Sorry, but HL2 was from 2004.


Zing. PWNT.


I almost pwned myself saying the same thing.
Paradigm Dog 10-03-2005 10:02 PM
Zelda: The Minish Cap for GBA should definitely be on the list as someone noted.

Resident Evil 4 is probably the best game of 2005 (unless the next two Castlevanias have anything to say about it) and should absolutely be on the list.

Expect Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS--OCT) and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2/XBOX--NOV) to make HUGE splashes of greatness as 2005 closes up. They're definitely going to be some of the best games of 2005--especially Curse of Darkness since it supposedly maxed out the PS2 disk. Curse of Darkness is the only game that can challenge RE4 as far as I'm concerned.

Finally, Megaman Zero 4 for GBA looks to be very strong Fall 2005 title too.
dtk91 10-07-2005 10:01 PM
oh well i thought in the timespan of 1 year back fom now... Crying
Also i nominate Advance wars DS
AlexRosewater 10-14-2005 11:26 PM
Hands down The Punisher, The game brought a new level of gameplay with an orginal story and plot with cameo apperances from Marvel's own: Matt Murdock, Iron Man, kingpin, Bulls eye, and The Russian and other's. It tied with X-men: Legends 2 Rise of Apocolypse which is as better than the first "Legend" title. Need I say more???
X Prime 10-14-2005 11:35 PM
Here's my list:

Digital Devil Saga 2: Very unlikely, as it has a great story, excellent art direction, etc, but it is SHORT SHORT SHORT.

Shadow of the Collossus: Cerpin Taxt, who supposedly has the full game, is informing me that while it looks great, he is stuck on the Minotaur. So eh.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow: I haven't played it, but almost everyone praises it slavishly.

Dragon Quest VIII: No explanation necessary.

Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows: If Midway can keep the fun that was obliterating hordes of little guys, then this game should be a hit.

---

Honestly, I'm not too impressed with CV: Curse of Darkness. I'm hoping that changes...
Nine Kuze 07-10-2006 02:28 PM
Hey, Nine here and well with the Best Motion Picture thread up in the Golden Maiyer, I thought it would be a good idea to dust this one off for the video games and get started for the 2006 version.

I know it might be a little early but I wanted to this cracking so, if you have any video game candidates to put up for nominations for Best Video Game, then up them down here and we'll discuss about them as well. Thanks much.
Peace.
Volt 07-10-2006 03:30 PM
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion is supremely sweet. Taken 120 hours of my life and counting.

I nominate Daxter as well. What can I say? The comedy and acton of the console Jak titles on a portable. Basically erotic.

I also thought Maverick Hunter X (or whatever its exact title is) was pretty sweet. It had the same awesome platforming feel as the original MMX, but with enough changes and graphical spice to make it a lot more than a rehash. Probably not best game of the year, but more like most suprisingly good game of the year.

And just to get it out of the way, Deus Ex. Because Sharp would mention it eventually, and just because it was made more than half a decade ago doesn't mean it's not this year's best game.
paul1290 07-11-2006 09:24 AM
1. Killer 7

2. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

3. Myst V

4. Deus Ex: Invisible War (Not as good as the original, but still better than almost anything else out there.)
Krang 07-12-2006 09:40 PM
I nominate New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS.
David Ryder 07-12-2006 10:03 PM
Ok I finally made up my mind. Monster Hunter Freedom. It's just that darn good.
088nd 07-12-2006 10:10 PM
Oblivion has to be somewhere on the list.
Chaoz 07-13-2006 01:05 AM
*Castlevania DS
*Resident Evil 4
*Elder Scrolls: Obilvion
*Phantom Dust
Nine Kuze 07-14-2006 08:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chaoz
*Castlevania DS
*Resident Evil 4
*Elder Scrolls: Obilvion
*Phantom Dust

No offense my man, but do your research. Castlevania was nominated last year for the Best Video Game category and as for Resident Evil 4, well, it won the Best Video Game award last year.

As I myself I'm not that big of a gamer as the rest of you guys, I'm looking around to see what's good to nominate for Best Video Game so in time, I'll put up a few noms myself. Smile
Peace.
Buck Buck #1 07-14-2006 11:31 PM
Did Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time come out this year, Because if it did I'm nominating that. While it wasn't as good as the original, it was still a highly enjoyable game. And I haven't really played that many games this year.
Mugiwara Luffy 07-15-2006 02:30 AM
Oh. Duh. Animal Crossing: Wild World.
Volt 07-15-2006 10:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
1. Killer 7

2. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

3. Myst V

4. Deus Ex: Invisible War (Not as good as the original, but still better than almost anything else out there.)


You know dude... none of those games came out this year.
paul1290 07-16-2006 06:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
1. Killer 7

2. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

3. Myst V

4. Deus Ex: Invisible War (Not as good as the original, but still better than almost anything else out there.)


You know dude... none of those games came out this year.

Oops! Big Grin

In that case:
-Resident Evil 4
-Half-Life: Episode 1 (if that counts as a game)
-Metroid Prime: Hunters