Who is the Ultimate Villain?

Twisted Memoir 09-20-2005 09:06 PM
Here's an interesting poll I thought up today. Which evil villain in Big O was your personal favorite? Did they creep you out or scare you? Did they make you hate their guts? Well voice your opinions and let everybody know!

My personal favorite is Alan Gabriel. He's got all the natural qualities of a bad-ass-shooting androids down, a good evil laugh, and can't forget the licking of the gun Tongue . Creepy
Hobodoken 09-20-2005 09:32 PM
Schwarzwald was the most awesome person to grace Paragidm.

To vote otherwise is in contradition with the Truth.
Spacehog 09-20-2005 10:22 PM
I don't think Schwartzwald is the most evil character, but he is definitely the coolest character. He gets my vote.
BethMcBeth 09-21-2005 09:56 AM
Personally I think it is Alan. He's just one of those lean mean cyborg machines who like to destory little dolls. ^_~"

-Beth
BigPrime 09-22-2005 09:09 PM
While Shwarzwald is an excellent opponent character for Roger, I have to say Rosewater is the greatest *villain*. Crispy's intentions, while attempted through twisted means are not villainous. He wants people to wake up and see the Truth, and if that requires killing half of Paradigm and blowing up the Domes, so be it.

Rosewater's god complex, the desire to rewrite the world itself in his image and his total lack of caring for anyone else's whims in the process, that makes him a far more evil man, IMO. Also, his power is far greater than that of the Reporter. Schwarzwald is a prophet in the wilderness, Rosewater is Caesar. While Swarzwald can make people nervous, Rosewater can do whatever he wants.
Spacehog 09-22-2005 11:51 PM
Yeah Big Prime is absolutely right in his assessment of Rosewater. Schwartzwald is cool, but not pure evil by any stretch of the imagination. I could even see him and Roger working together if they just talked to each other for more than a minute. Well, maybe not. Schwartzwald seems like he's too crazy to work with Roger.
Mattartist 09-23-2005 05:04 AM
Still, its not IMPOSSIBLE to think that Schwartz and Roger could team up sometimes...

I suppose Alex IS the big cheese of baddies in Paradigm, but me personally, I have GOT to say that Alan Gabriel is by far my most hated character in Big O, and I have one thing that supports that:

HE BLOOMIN' ALMOST KILLED DOROTHY, ONE OF THE VERY FEW THINGS I CHERISH IN THIS WORLD! ARGH, LET ME AT HIM!

(looks around at the staring faces) Erm, (cough) yeah. But if Dorothy and Alan were to square off again, it would be AWESOME! Cause you know what Inspector O'Reilly said (he's in Act 19, Eyewitness):

" -- androids should lay justice upon androids..."

Pleased Dude, Alan is gonna get his... Big Grin

See ya!
Nine Kuze 09-23-2005 10:46 AM
Guys, if you think about it, Schwartwald isn't really a villian.
Dude's just trying to find out the truth of what happened or is going to happen in Paradigm City. He just takes things a little to far and thearically.
The top villian in Paradigm is obviously Alex Rosewater because dude thinks he's the son of God and kills off his citizens and destroys the city to try and realize this power he calms to have. So, Rosewater is my choice.

Peace.
DJX Prime 09-24-2005 07:28 AM
I have to vote for Alan Gabriel. Just something about a psychotic cybernetic freak that seems to have his own agenda no matter whos side he's on. If not, then he's a good wildcard.
The Big Finale 09-24-2005 09:04 AM
Vera Ronstadt, most definitely, if only for the Angel-being-whipped scene.

Schwarzwald may go overboard, Alex may be uncaring, Alan may be pyschotic, but that was just plain cruel.
Sir Nise 09-24-2005 11:11 PM
Of couse Beck b/c what's not evil about a blond afro. Who knows what he's hiding in their! It could be rabid gophers in there, you never know, or demons for that matter.
Zipline 09-25-2005 02:56 PM
Alex Rosewater is by far the evilest. I was just going "you f***ing b****!" during the last couple episodes. Especially when Roger's house got trashed. That just made me mad.
Spacehog 09-26-2005 11:56 AM
Interesting argument about Vera being the most evil. I must say that the whipping scene was pretty heavy. I'm still sticking with Rosewater for most evil and Schwartzwald for most cool though. You might give me cause to change my mind eventually though.
Schoolie 09-26-2005 09:45 PM
Wow, what a great poll.

This is a toughy because all of the Big-O villians are terrific in their own way.

I voted Schwarzwald because he's the person I'd least like to run into in an alleyway. Also, he's the most twisted. And tragic, too.
Xero-Hour 09-27-2005 01:47 AM
One episode title answers your question

"The Greates Villan"

enough said
Twisted Memoir 09-27-2005 08:50 PM
Hey all, glad to see the huge amount of responses! Thought I'd put my two cents in about all the comments

I totally agree with what you said, Big Prime. Alex Rosewater is really the "head" villian of the show. During the first few episodes he was an aloof and silent character, and when he spoke he usual did so out of boredom. But later, as we see, he gets invovled with the Union and makes big plans for Paradigm. The only thing that really spoiled my impression of Alex being so evil was when he piloted Big Fau for the first time, and started to act like a pouting kid when Big O came along to stop him.

quote:
Guys, if you think about it, Schwartwald isn't really a villian.
Dude's just trying to find out the truth of what happened or is going to happen in Paradigm City. He just takes things a little to far and thearically.

I kinda agree with you that Schwarwald isn't really a diabolic villian, he's just obsessed with learning what he feels "must be known." But, you can't forget that he tried to set Roger on fire and then destroy Big O! That's pretty villainous in itself.

Then there's Alan Gabriel, the one villian who was a true wildcard, as DJX Prime called him. I'm a sucker for this kinda villain, who has his own agenda and plays everyone. Not only that, but one who is utterly crazed, ruthless, and creedy for power. And, as with all who were hungry for power, Alan got it, but in a most unpleasent way. Pleased

quote:
One episode title answers your question

"The Greates Villan"

enough said

Heheh, I do have to give credit to Beck. He tries so hard to get even with Roger, yet he just can't ever do it. Big Grin Lovable afro dude.

Once again thanks for all your opinions on this stuff!
Schwarzwald 10-01-2005 10:51 AM
Alex Rosewater.

I love Schwarzwald don't get me wrong, he is absolutely a fantasic character, but not as much as a Villian(crime craver or morality bender) as just a man obsessed with something.

Alex Rosewater plans everything from the Start, even the begining of Season 1. He watches The Big O, takes tabs on Schwarzwald, hires Mercinerys(Alan Gabriel), and almost takes over all of Paradigm WITH a police force to back him up. A really Big Guy.
Lost_Cyborg 10-10-2005 08:32 AM
Schwartzwald isn't a villain, he's a hunter of the Truth, but still he gets my vote, even though Allen is DEFINATELY the creepist villain, Alex has obviosly read 1984 in a past life and Beck is oblivios to his own ridiculesness (sp?)

*curls up on PC chair with Schwartzwald plushie*
MsPheonix 10-10-2005 09:14 AM
Schwarzwald wasn't quite the most "evil" but he was pretty persistent. I'd say he's the most interesting :3 he get's my vote
Tickle Tickle 10-10-2005 10:02 AM
My God, how can you not have Eugene in that poll?!