Who is the Ultimate Villain?
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-16-2005 02:58 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Naojiro
My God, how can you not have Eugene in that poll?! |
I agree.
| Dark-0 |
10-16-2005 10:07 PM |
Yet another villian is not mention no RD? Come on she killed 4 people in one ep and almost took out Roger Smith and I have to say that she is a better gun slinger than Alan. RD rules!
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-17-2005 07:08 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Dark-0
Yet another villian is not mention no RD? Come on she killed 4 people in one ep and almost took out Roger Smith and I have to say that she is a better gun slinger than Alan. RD rules!
|
Ohhh! Yeah, it's strange, I forget about her really easily but she's in on of my frave acts! 0_o*, oh-well.
She's definately a better guns woman/man than Gabriel, any day, and it was quite cool to see Roger being shot... *evil laugh* KYAHAHAHAHA! *evil laugh finished*
| corrupt |
12-14-2005 08:22 PM |
Schwarzwald, he is the must deep and justified.
| MercZ |
12-16-2005 06:22 PM |
Schwarzwald! Even though he looks odd, he made lots of good points, and he's really the only villian who I believed was actually trying to find something reasonable.
| Ollen70 |
01-29-2006 03:03 AM |
One of my favorite things about the Big O is that there isn't really a "main" villain. I mean, Alex Rosewater does the most damage to the city and has the most blatant disregard for human life, but it's sort of implies he knows they aren't necessarily people anyway (he claims he knows how to "reset" the city way before anybody figures out that they're on a stage.)
Vera and the union probably have the best reason to do what they do, out of revenge and a need to fulfill their reason to be.
Swartzwald is probably one of the least "evil," since he also has a very noble cause - fighting corruption and bringing the truth to light, even though he chooses the absolute worst way to go about this.
And then, of course, you have a slew of other antagonists, all with their own various reasons for doing what they do. Take the guy in "Bring back my ghost," for example. Pretty much every villian is valid, I think. Like I said, it's one of the things that makes Big O a truly well thought out show. Opposition takes a lot of different forms, and very few of them are totally unjustified.
| Jstar136 |
01-29-2006 04:12 AM |
Schwartzwald is my answer.
I don't think any one can get any meaner after setting people's faces on fire.
| The Lexx |
01-29-2006 08:13 AM |
Dang I couldn't vote in the poll, but I think that schwarzwald is the better character while Alex rosewater is the greater villain.
Schwarzwald was a man who sought the truth and became a victim of something that drove him kookoo, while alex was just an arrogant, selfish, pompous villain with no redeeming traits.
| Dangerous |
01-30-2006 07:45 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by The Lexx
Dang I couldn't vote in the poll, but I think that schwarzwald is the better character while Alex rosewater is the greater villain.
|
I agree with you
| AnIm@ster |
02-02-2006 05:58 AM |
Shawrtzald is the best out of the others
| Jstar136 |
02-10-2006 10:22 PM |
About this thread about the greatest villain, several of them are linked by one thing: having a German trait.
Schwartzwald is German for Black Forest.
Alan uses a Golden Luger-like pistol. (A famous trinket for Allied soldiers who fought in Germany)
Vera, Angel, Alan and the lady from Winter Night Phantom all have blonde hair as well.
Connection?
| MightyFau |
02-12-2006 06:29 PM |
Depends how you look at it:
Most cunning: Beck (Outsmarts Roger constantly)
Most psychotic: Schwartswald (Just look at that face, does it lie?)
Most sadistic: Alan (Obviously)
Most cold-blooded: Alex (Remember what he did to his father?)
All-around my fave character is Jason Beck.
| Randolph |
02-12-2006 09:04 PM |
Ultimate villain? Norman, hands down. No kidding.
Give that man a Megadeus and Alex will have something to cringe and whine about.
"Big O, I say, it is Showtime! Jolly good!"
But for honest-to-goodness bad guy, I must say Alex is the closest thing we have to a real Villain. All the others are just poor sops who got caught up in this mess for their own purposes, most of them relatively innocent.
| Generalissimo D |
02-12-2006 09:39 PM |
It's Vera.
The French are always the enemy.
| MightyFau |
02-12-2006 11:39 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
It's Vera.
The French are always the enemy. |
Even Pepe LePew?
| Randolph |
02-13-2006 02:07 AM |
ESPECIALLY Pepe LePew!!11!11
Pepe + Vera. 4ever.
A-SPLODE'D!
| M.S. Feather |
02-13-2006 07:10 AM |
Are you serious?
Beck = The Greatest Villain.
Seriously though, Beck is a much better villain than people give him credit for. In the anime he kind of became an outlet for the shows humor and in the end seemed to have a bit of a change of heart. But in the manga it’s a much different story, he’s more of a heartless killer and constantly exploit’s the weak and innocent for his own criminal purposes.
Also…the guy just won’t give up!
| spoiler (highlight to read): |
| Even after he died he came back and tortured Roger and Angel. |
Now that’s what I call dedication.
| Randolph |
02-20-2006 01:48 PM |
You forgot all about him, didn't you?
Sure, he was in only one episode, but
man.
Lend the man some cred. He invented that funky noisemaker,
and they've been using it all over the place ever since.
| Dangerous |
02-21-2006 09:48 AM |
And what about that crazy scientist who wanted to change Paradigm City into a big forest ?

| Mrs. Beck |
03-02-2006 03:51 PM |
Ultimate Villain ... ? Now now, I must agree with those who have already said this:
Does the phrase "The Greatest Villain" mean anything to you?
X3 You can try to shove him away, or ignore him, but the fact remains that Beck is, indeed, a man possessing quite a high number of qualities that qualify him for the 'Ultimate Villain' title.
As if the tacky yellow suit (tacky, yet so - *cuts herself off there*) weren't enough, he's got the know-how, he's stubborn (or, as Feather put it, 'dedicated') and seems to be quite capable of outwitting Roger on countless ocations. Though he does become more comic releif near the end of the show, in the beginning he does several things that canNOT be overlooked, and I think that several people would agree with me on the fact that one of them, which happens in episode 2, is a stand-out in the list:
Kidnapping R. Dorothy to activate Dorothy 1 in episode 2 was just plain evil.
It took me a few times to realize it, but that really was just a tad bit over the line. I'm not even counting in the fact that he kills her 'father' earlier, because I don't know why but I kinda could just shrug that one off.
But even I, who haven't yet read all of the volumes yet, realize that the truly sinister version of Beck is revealed in the manga. Once again, Feather already covered this (and knows quite a bit more on the matter than I do), so I don't really feel a need to go over it again.
In conclusion: Sure, Alan's a psycho, and Alex Rosewater commits patrocide; But Beck remains the ultimate villain - in my book, at least.