Sports Hustle

Nine Kuze 05-01-2006 03:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd
Your thoughts, Nine?

Yes, 088nd, I do have thoughts on the playoffs. This has got to be the most wideopen playoff tournament the NBA has had in a good long damn time. And its pretty cool.

It's weird that the Paper Clips had home court advantage but hell, they might be in the second f***in' round. That's just mindblowing. Where the hell have the Lake Show been all year during the regular season. Seriously, that Game 4 pissed me off something fierce. PHX got screwed hard but LAL 'deserves' the win. Sorry, I've just always had a grudge against LAL. Anyway, if the LAL played like this through out the regular season, they would have easily been the 5th seed. But then they would play DAL, and who in their right minds wants that (here's looking at you, MEM)? I really Amare Stoudemire because if he was there, well, let's just say that the series would the be the polar opposite of it now.

And don't knock Sacramento. They maybe listed as the 8th seed but if you go by play, they really aren't one. Imagine if they had Ron-Ron all year. San Antonio has their hands full but they'll be fine, and yeah, its still going to be a rematch of SAS and DET in the Finals. True SAS has a tough road, with the surprise of the Kings and then DAL in the second round but after that, its going to be either PHX/LAC/LAL and that's not really a threat to the Spurs.

I'm really hoping that the Wizards defeat the Cavaliers. But because I'm tired of LeBron James being shoved down my throat all the time, I just like the Wizards better has a team is all. Miami is getting f***ed up and by Chicago no less. Andres Nocioni isn't playing around and that's a surprise series like the Kings/Spurs matchup is as well.

Next year, the Commish is thinking about reconstructing the playoff seedings and that's a good thing. My thing is is that they should go just for the regular season record straight up. Look at it like this:

In the West:
1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. Memphis
5. LA Clippers
6. Denver
7. LA Lakers
8. Sacramento

That makes things a helluva lot different in the playoffs and we'll get the best matchup (DAL and SAS) for the main event which is the best. The East is kind of the same as it is now.

Also, Mike Miller won the 6th Man of the Year (No offense 088nd, but I really wanted MEM to win at least ONE game. I mean, they really need one and they have a 9 game losing streak in the playoffs. Thanks to SAS and PHX. I mean, I like the Memphis team and I think they deserve at least one game. But yeah, DAL is playing them up like no joke and Dirk Nowitzki is pwnin' them like an MVP). Speaking of MVP, it looks like Steve Nash is going to get again, it's just that the NBA needs to make it official. Might be awkward that they don't make it back to the second round though. Damn you, Smush Parker!
Peace.
088nd 05-01-2006 05:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Where the hell have the Lake Show been all year during the regular season. Seriously, that Game 4 pissed me off something fierce. PHX got screwed hard but LAL 'deserves' the win. Sorry, I've just always had a grudge against LAL.

Heh, and I have a grudge against Phoenix after what they did to the Mavs in the playoffs last year. I was enjoying that buzzer jump shot by Kobe.

quote:
And don't knock Sacramento. They maybe listed as the 8th seed but if you go by play, they really aren't one. Imagine if they had Ron-Ron all year. San Antonio has their hands full but they'll be fine, and yeah, its still going to be a rematch of SAS and DET in the Finals. True SAS has a tough road, with the surprise of the Kings and then DAL in the second round but after that, its going to be either PHX/LAC/LAL and that's not really a threat to the Spurs.

Sacramento's players have really stepped up. Bonzi Wells has had an explosion these past three games. He had 17 rebounds last night. 17. That's amazing. The Kings aren't going down that easily, and I'm still not convinced that Dallas is going to lose to San Antonio. They have the advantage now of being able to go back through the tape and seeing what worked for Sacramento and what didn't, as well as their own experiences. Dallas is a deeper team than Sacramento too, and they have a true superstar in Nowitzki. The playoffs could be looking bad for SA this year.

quote:
I'm really hoping that the Wizards defeat the Cavaliers. But because I'm tired of LeBron James being shoved down my throat all the time, I just like the Wizards better has a team is all.

Seriously, I hate having to deal with all this fuss about LeBron. He overshadows the playing capabilities of Gilbert Arenas, who, IMO, is just as good of a player as LeBron. And he also had this to say after his victory.

quote:
"This is LeBron's show, you know. We're just all witnesses," Arenas said with a broad smile, mimicking a catch phrase used in James' shoe ads.

quote:
Speaking of MVP, it looks like Steve Nash is going to get again, it's just that the NBA needs to make it official. Might be awkward that they don't make it back to the second round though. Damn you, Smush Parker!
Peace.

Yeah, reports of that say that it was a landslide, which I think is complete BS. It shouldn't have been a landslide for anyone this year, with so many stars out on the floor.
Nine Kuze 05-01-2006 05:47 PM
quote:
Sacramento's players have really stepped up. Bonzi Wells has had an explosion these past three games. He had 17 rebounds last night. 17. That's amazing. The Kings aren't going down that easily, and I'm still not convinced that Dallas is going to lose to San Antonio. They have the advantage now of being able to go back through the tape and seeing what worked for Sacramento and what didn't, as well as their own experiences. Dallas is a deeper team than Sacramento too, and they have a true superstar in Nowitzki. The playoffs could be looking bad for SA this year.

Yeah, of all the players to be messing up the Spurs is a former Trail Blazers. Didn't see that coming. I'm still not convinced that the Mavericks can beat the Spurs. It will be close but defense wins in the playoffs and although Dallas as gotten better, saying that their defense can matchup wil the likes of the Spurs or Pistons is rather laughable. Besides I have no ill will against the Mavs, in fact thy're one of my favorite teams (funny thing is that all the Texas teams are my favorite teams) but I really want San Antonio to go all the way because it will be their first time repeating and if they don't go to the Finals, then its pretty much an undisputed lockup for Detroit. And I really don't like Detroit... like with a very surreal passion. If Dallas gets to the Finals, then Detroit has their number.

quote:
He overshadows the playing capabilities of Gilbert Arenas, who, IMO, is just as good of a player as LeBron. And he also had this to say after his victory.

That's true and Gilbert Arenas is one of the best and underrated players in the game and I just think that Washington is better overall than Cleveland. And seriously, the Michael Jordan comparisons have to stop.

quote:
Yeah, reports of that say that it was a landslide, which I think is complete BS. It shouldn't have been a landslide for anyone this year, with so many stars out on the floor.

A landslide? I have to agree that is a load of bull. You can name like seven or more guys who are rightful contenders to the MVP award this year. Wade, James, Nowitzki, Brand, Billups, Marion, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong, Nash had a you know what year and I have no problems with him winning the MVP but its not like last year where you can only chose between Shaq and Nash.

Anyway, anybody watch the NFL Draft? Not all 27 hours (or something like that) but I did see Reggie Bush (Saints), Vince Young (Titans), and Matt Leinart (Cardinals) get drafted. And ol' boy going to 10th was surprising to me. Talk about a steal, just like Gilbert Arenas (30th pick in 2001 draft) Pleased
Peace.
088nd 05-01-2006 05:57 PM
I watched up until my man VY got drafted. I was pleased that the Titans chose him over Leinart (even though there was some different opinions between the GM and the coaching staff). The Houston pick of Mario Williams was kind of a surprise to me, and I was kind of puzzled as to how they could pass up on Reggie Bush. Interesting to see how these guys shape up during the next few years.
088nd 05-06-2006 10:42 PM
Finally to the conference semifinals of the playoffs. How it shaped up.

Western
1. Spurs vs. 8. Kings - Spurs win 4-2
2. Suns vs. 7. Lakers - Suns win 4-3
3. Denver vs. 6. Clippers - Clippers win 4-1
4. Mavericks vs. 5. Grizzlies - Mavericks win 4-0

Eastern
1. Pistons vs. 8. Bucks - Pistons win 4-1
2. Heat vs. 7. Bulls - Heat win 4-2
3. Nets vs. 6. Pacers - Nets win 4-2
4. Cavaliers vs. 5. Wizards - Cavs win 4-2

So in the next round, we've got (along with my predictions*):

Western
1. Spurs vs. 4. Mavericks - *Mavs win, 4-2
2. Suns vs. 6. Clippers - *Suns win, 4-2

Eastern
1. Pistons vs. 4. Cavaliers - *Pistons win, 4-1
2. Heat vs. 3. Nets - Nets win, 4-3

How about Phoenix in that last game versus the Lakers? They were astonishing. What I really want to know is why Kobe only took 3 shots in the entire second half.
Nine Kuze 05-08-2006 02:52 PM
quote:
Finally to the conference semifinals of the playoffs. How it shaped up.

Western
1. Spurs vs. 8. Kings - Spurs win 4-2
2. Suns vs. 7. Lakers - Suns win 4-3
3. Denver vs. 6. Clippers - Clippers win 4-1
4. Mavericks vs. 5. Grizzlies - Mavericks win 4-0

Eastern
1. Pistons vs. 8. Bucks - Pistons win 4-1
2. Heat vs. 7. Bulls - Heat win 4-2
3. Nets vs. 6. Pacers - Nets win 4-2
4. Cavaliers vs. 5. Wizards - Cavs win 4-2

So in the next round, we've got (along with my predictions*):

Western
1. Spurs vs. 4. Mavericks - *Spurs win, 4-0
2. Suns vs. 6. Clippers - *Suns win, 4-2

Eastern
1. Pistons vs. 4. Cavaliers - *Pistons win, 4-1
2. Heat vs. 3. Nets - Nets win, 4-3

How about Phoenix in that last game versus the Lakers? They were astonishing. What I really want to know is why Kobe only took 3 shots in the entire second half.

You know, when it comes to basketball, and especially the NBA Playoffs, I'm sort of superstitous. For one, if I don't catch the exact beginning of the basketball game (like before tip-off and the show before the game) then I don't watch the whole game because if I watch any part of the game in the middle, then the team I'm going for usually loses. This was made painfully clear to me in Game 5 of Lakers/Spurs series in 2004. Damn you and your four tenths of a second, Derek Fisher. So yeah, because of that I didn't watch the Suns/Lakers game because I was afraid that PHX would lose. But when Kobe Bryant shoots only three shots in the second half and PHX shoots 60% from the field, then I guess I have nothing to worry about. Pleased

Wait, WTF? 088nd, you hav SAS beating DAL in four games? What happened, son? Personally, I think (and hope) that it will go to six games, seven at the most. And also, I would have given Dirk Nowitzki the MVP. Surprisingly enough, yeah, it was a landslide for Steve Nash.

There's this interesting thing with the Black Mamba... er, Kobe. See when he shoots too much, the Lakers lose and the media uses that as their opportunity to get their lynch mob ready. So, in typical Kobe fashion, he didn't shoot too much in the next game and was looking for other players. Too bad for him though that the next game was the 7th one and no one on the Lakers can hit sh*t. Anyway, yeah, that's Kobe's theme. Shoot too much one game, get blasted by the media because of it. Shoot less the next game and try to come out the hero. And because of that... you're out of the playoffs as PHX takes on (shocker?!!1!!) the Paper Clip Show.
Peace.
088nd 05-08-2006 03:31 PM
After the Mavs' terrible performance in game 1, a game that should've almost been guaranteed to go to them, I don't think they'll be able to pick themselves up and win a game. Especially since San Antonio knows they can beat them, after only 36 hours since their last game in Sacramento.

And that's one of the things about Kobe. He can't get a break, no matter what he does, he's in the wrong. If he takes too many shots, he's selfish for not giving the ball up. If moves the ball around the floor, and the Lakers lose, he gets blamed for being selfish and not helping out the team when they need it. They guy is put under so much scrutiny, but I suppose that happens when you're the only good player on a team.

Oh, and I enjoyed watching the Pistons shut down LeBron, especially after he had the nerve to talk trash to Gilbert Arenas.
Nine Kuze 05-08-2006 07:12 PM
Gilbert Arenas is sweet and kickass, hands down.

Come on, man. I think your being a little hard on Dallas. Sure they lost the game (The Big Fundamental was pwning) but its not like they got blown out or anything. They lost, by two and they had the control for most of the game... until that is, when San Antonio won. I don't think they will be swept but SAS in six.

And this is a new low for me (I'm ashamed) but I hope Detroit blows Cleveland out hard. I really wanted Washington to win, even though they suck hard on defense but still, Arenas wouldn't have been shut out in an entire quarter (what up, LBJ?).
Peace.
Wingnut 05-09-2006 08:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVIAnd this is a new low for me (I'm ashamed) but I hope Detroit blows Cleveland out hard. I really wanted Washington to win, even though they suck hard on defense but still, Arenas wouldn't have been shut out in an entire quarter (what up, LBJ?).
Peace.

Considering how badly we blasted them in game one, I don't think that will be much of a problem. All pre-series predictions I heard had the Pistons takeing the series in 5 games.
Nine Kuze 05-09-2006 01:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVIAnd this is a new low for me (I'm ashamed) but I hope Detroit blows Cleveland out hard. I really wanted Washington to win, even though they suck hard on defense but still, Arenas wouldn't have been shut out in an entire quarter (what up, LBJ?).
Peace.

Considering how badly we blasted them in game one, I don't think that will be much of a problem. All pre-series predictions I heard had the Pistons takeing the series in 5 games.

Hey Wingnut, how about those Red Wings? I'm kiddin', I'm kiddin'...

Yeah, I got them in five. They'll get one back in Cleveland. The Cavaliers aren't that good to begin with in the first place and if you take LBJ out of the equation, then you know you have problems. High scoring game between LAC and PHX, that should be a fun series especially between Sam Cassell and Steve "Two-Time" Nash. Ben Wallace got Defensive Player of the Year... again. Which sucks because this is his fourth time winning it and its like the NBA is saying "We don't have any other quality defensive players... Well, there's Artest. But he's Artest for God's sake... So let's just fork it over to Ben again." That's crap, Bruce Bowen should have won it this time around, even it would piss off Jesus something fierce. Or maybe Andrei Kirilenko. I would have thought that the news regarding AK47's wife would have generated some votes for him, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and not a surprise at all, Chris Paul won the Rookie of the Year. Nice.

Regarding baseball, I feel like I'm the only person noticing this but has anybody else figured out the fact that mostly when ol' boy Bonds isn't playing, the Giants win? And when he does play and gets one of his dingers (ZOMG! 714!!11!!), they'll ususally lose and no one, mostly San Fran and ESPN, doesn't really give a helluva damn? Just an obversation I noticed.
Peace.
088nd 05-09-2006 04:45 PM
David Stern talks about how next year's seeding will probably change, and how it was a mistake to put the Cleveland-Detroit in the later timeslot.

link

Honestly, I'm sick of Nike trying to tell me that LeBron is the next Jordan. He's good, and he'll get better, but there are so many better players in the league right now, I think they need to lay off. I was so happy that Ben Wallace dominated him in that first game.
The Fallen Phoenix 05-09-2006 04:52 PM
quote:
Regarding baseball, I feel like I'm the only person noticing this but has anybody else figured out the fact that mostly when ol' boy Bonds isn't playing, the Giants win? And when he does play and gets one of his dingers (ZOMG! 714!!11!!), they'll ususally lose and no one, mostly San Fran and ESPN, doesn't really give a helluva damn? Just an obversation I noticed.
Peace.

I don't give a helluva damn about Bonds or the San Fransisco Giants. Never have, and I never will. I was pissed that every five minutes while watching SportsCenter last night I was reminded "if Bonds enters the game there will be a live feed to his at bat."

...if I wanted to watch Barry Bonds, I'd turn on the Giants game. God. All I want to see is him get drilled, preferrably in the knee, so he can just go away and leave baseball alone.

But in the end, all that matters is that the American League single season home run record is still 61 (the real record, in my opinion).

But this is shaping up to be a very exciting baseball season. Looking forward to the first real Yankees-Red Sox series starting tonight; although I seriously doubt both teams are getting out of the AL East this year, it should be one helluva ride.

I'm also skepitcal that the White Sox are going to continue this dominant level of play throughout the entirety of the season. They've proven me wrong once (last year, when I thought they'd blow the AL Central to the Indians), so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they did it again. I do hope the Indians get their acts together, though: they're a good, young team, that will certainly become a perennial contender once a few more pieces (like 3rd base) fall into place.

But it's still early...June is when things really start getting interesting in the baseball world.
Nine Kuze 05-09-2006 05:11 PM
quote:
David Stern talks about how next year's seeding will probably change, and how it was a mistake to put the Cleveland-Detroit in the later timeslot.

Yeah, that's been going on for awhile because all of a sudden people are pissed at the seedings in the NBA, seeing how two of the three best teams in the NBA (DAL and SAS) meet in the second round, that the sixth seed has home court over the third seed and that in the East, the last four teams are barely over .500.

Damn it all, I just say do the seedings according to record only. Give the division leaders their props but kept that noise out of the playoffs. I know I've done this before but imagine this.

Western Conf.
1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. Memphis
5. LA Clippers
6. Denver
7. LA Lakers
8. Sacramento

See how much a difference the playoffs look if you just take away the "division leaders get the first three seeds" crap. Especially since the Northwest Division is the WORST division (you're off the hook, Atlantic) in the NBA.

Yes, yes, yes, the media needs to stop this barrage of shoving LeBron James as the next coming of Michael Jordan down our throats. The top of the best players (RIGHT NOW) is that dude in South California. He just has a tendency to have everyone hate his personality. Also, I'm getting tired of Dwyane Wade. His game is very unpolished to me. Have you seen his Converse commercial? How in the physical nature of hell do you actually get up more times than you fell down. There was a huge debate over at Slamonline over that one.

Also, regarding baseball, yeah the Barry Bonds nonsense needs to stop. And I think its right that the MLB won't be celebrating his "achivement" if and/or when he passes Babe Ruth (I use the word achivement VERY loosely. Hell, I'm actually surprised I even had the notion of using it at all). The Mets and Tigers are doing decent right now... its just a matter of time of how long that fluke is going to last.

quote:
Originally by the Fallen Phoenix
But this is shaping up to be a very exciting baseball season. Looking forward to the first real Yankees-Red Sox series starting tonight; although I seriously doubt both teams are getting out of the AL East this year, it should be one helluva ride.

Really? Then who do you have winning the Al pennant? Although the Yankees are somewhat flying under the radar (is that possible for them?) Also question, what happened to Sammy Sosa and Rafel Palmerio? They dropped off suddenly pretty damn fast without a goddamn trace. Just curious is all.
Peace.
088nd 05-10-2006 09:46 PM
All I have to say is this.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES.

We're witnessing an ass-kicking by the Detroit Pistons right now.

Sorry, I stole that from Charles Barkley, but I though it was pretty funny.
Mike 05-10-2006 09:49 PM
Frown The Devils are getting positively stomped.
The Fallen Phoenix 05-10-2006 11:15 PM
quote:
Really? Then who do you have winning the Al pennant? Although the Yankees are somewhat flying under the radar (is that possible for them?) Also question, what happened to Sammy Sosa and Rafel Palmerio? They dropped off suddenly pretty damn fast without a goddamn trace. Just curious is all.
Peace.

...the White Sox. Embarrassed Sweatdrop All right, here is a very brief, not so professional analysis of each of the major players as I see it:

American League

1. Chicago White Sox (American League Central)
The reality is, they have the best starting rotation in the American League, and probably the best 1-5 of any rotation in all of baseball. Contreras has been...unbeatable (literally) since late last year, which isn't really surprising: we've all known he's had the stuff, the question is whether he's had the makeup. And there's no question that being in Chicago, rather than New York, is a big boost in that regard. He might not have the K/BB ratio that indicates dominance, and he lets a lot of balls in play, but...his stuff is filthy, and it's hard to get good wood on him.

And their lineup...much improved from last year. Thome's showing that he has a lot left, and he and Konerko are both very solid in the middle of the order. They don't have the best lineup, but they score enough runs to get the job done. But pitching wins championships, and when you have a number 4 starter in Javier Vasquez; it reminds me of the old Yankee teams from 1998-2001, when you had El Duque Hernandez at the back end of a monster rotation (Clemens/Wells, Pettitte, Cone/Mussina). They might not have been overpowering, but they got the job done. Of course, when you think of 1998-2001 Yankees, you think of clutch hitting (which I think these White Sox have), and an excellent bullpen that could end the game in the 6th, 7th inning.

Chicago's weak link? The bullpen, in my opinion. They need to shore that up. I still don't buy Bobby Jenks as a legitimate closer: but we'll see. He's certainly better than Chicago's rivals in the Central, the Indians' Wickman.

2. New York Yankees (American League East)
They need Randy Johnson, desperately. Mussina has been amazing this year; vintage Moose back to the late 90s/early 00s. If Moose can stay healthy, and Randy gets his stuff together, New York has the best 1-2 punch this side of Boston's Schilling-Beckett. Unlike Boston, however, New York actually has a back end of the rotation: Chacon is pitching well this year, proving that last year's sub-3 ERA after being traded to the Yankees isn't a fluke; Wang has been inconsistent, but when he's been on, he's been ridiculous. If he can learn to pitch better out of the stretch, and keep staying on top of his sinking fastball, Wang can really make for a good number 4 starter down the stretch. He can go deep into ballgames; he won't strike out the side, but he'll get his routine groundball outs.

Pavano...who knows? He might come back and be 2004 Carl Pavano, when he won 20 games with the Marlins. But so long as Randy comes back (a big if, I'll admit), Moose stays healthy, and Chacon and Wang can be more consistent, Pavano might be gravy.

I don't have to say anything about New York's lineup; Giambi's back to his Oakland bashing days, and A-Rod and Matsui have both been cold this year. When those two start heating up and Sheff comes back from the DL, watch out.

And New York's bullpen is ridiculous. Ridiculous. Scott Proctor is finally coming into his own (excellent strikeout of Manny tonight), Villone has been woefully underused, Farnsworth is...being Farnsworth, and there's always Mo at the back.

And Dotel is set to be back in early June. That's one filthy bullpen.

But it starts with the pitching. If it can hold together, I honestly think the Yankees are the only team capable of going the distance with Chicago, and possibly knocking them out in the playoffs.

3. Cleveland Indians (American League Central)
They need to get their act together; the starters have to start going deep. Lee has been the only one pitching halfway decently this year; Cleveland has an excellent young lineup, but...well, it's all about the pitching. I have every confidence the Indians will pull it together, and I'm still picking them as my wild-card winners.

4. Oakland Athletics (American League West)
They have a rotation: Zito, Harden (if he can stay off the DL), Haren--that's a pretty good trio. It's no Zito-Mulder-Hudson, but it's still pretty damned good.

Oakland's biggest problem? First, Street needs to get back on track. He's giving up too many runs. Second, they need production out of players not named Swisher and Chavez.

5. Los Angelos Angels of Anaheim (American League West)

6. Boston Red Sox (American League East)

7. Texas Rangers (American League West)

I'll fill out the rest...later. I really, really need to finish up my short story...
Nine Kuze 05-11-2006 04:12 PM
quote:
All I have to say is this.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES.

We're witnessing an ass-kicking by the Detroit Pistons right now.

Sorry, I stole that from Charles Barkley, but I though it was pretty funny.

Inside the NBA has got to be one of the best shows on television right now. And for a good majority of the time, they don't even talk about basketball. And it really kicks ass when Magic Johnson is on there as well.

quote:
Originally by The Fallen Phoenix
They have a rotation: Zito, Harden (if he can stay off the DL), Haren--that's a pretty good trio. It's no Zito-Mulder-Hudson, but it's still pretty damned good.

I was watching ESPNEWS before I left (and for some cool reason, there was an interview with David Ortiz and Tracy McGrady at Yankee Stadium) and some insiders were talking about Oakland trading Zito, to get more than a draft pick in this point in time.

quote:
Originally by Mike
Frown The Devils are getting positively stomped.

I know that they are in the East, but in the West, how do the four lowest seeds beat the top four seeds? And supposedly, history wise, this isn't the first time has happened either. Imagine (I don't want to) if that happened in the NBA.

Also, speaking about New Jersey based sports franchises, the Nets got thrown a new one by Miami. I guess Richard Jefferson is hurting more than let on and that series is tied at one a piece. Also, the Clippers played the Suns hard, outrebounded them 57 to 26, and that series is also tied at one a piece.
Peace.
The Fallen Phoenix 05-11-2006 05:09 PM
quote:
I was watching ESPNEWS before I left (and for some cool reason, there was an interview with David Ortiz and Tracy McGrady at Yankee Stadium) and some insiders were talking about Oakland trading Zito, to get more than a draft pick in this point in time.

Until they actually do it, I refuse to speculate. There has been speculation that Oakland would trade Zito for two years now, and I think Oakland's willingness to trade Zito might depend on what Oakland's record looks like midway through June.

Personally, I think it's likely Zito will be traded (or at least, that Oakland would want Zito to be traded), but it's hard to say this early in the season.

---
As a Yankee fan, the loss tonight hurts: not just because they lost a game they should have won to the Red Sox, but because Hideki Matsui fractured his wrist, needs surgery, and could be out 2-3 months, maybe more. Frown
088nd 05-14-2006 11:26 AM
I edited my prediction post to what I originally put before I went all emo on the Mavs. I honestly think they can win in 6. They played horribly last night, but still managed to scrape by a win with one good defensive play. To me, San Antonio is just too old to run with the Mavs. That and Harris is eating Parker for breakfast.
Nine Kuze 05-15-2006 05:55 PM
quote:
I edited my prediction post to what I originally put before I went all emo on the Mavs. I honestly think they can win in 6. They played horribly last night, but still managed to scrape by a win with one good defensive play. To me, San Antonio is just too old to run with the Mavs. That and Harris is eating Parker for breakfast.

Good to see that your felling better about the Mavericks but I still got the Spurs to win the series. Just seems like it will take longer now, maybe in seven games. And yeah, putting Devin Harris into the lineup was ingenious by Avery Johnson.

LA beat Phoenix, making everything 2-2. Very good game and that's going to be an interesting series as well.

quote:
Originally by The Fallen Phoenix
As a Yankee fan, the loss tonight hurts: not just because they lost a game they should have won to the Red Sox, but because Hideki Matsui fractured his wrist, needs surgery, and could be out 2-3 months, maybe more.

Yeah, that does suck about 'ol boy Matsui and 2-3 months is a chunk of time, even in baseball. Doesn't look good for the NYY with him and Sheffield gone and A-Rod... pretty much doing nothing for now. Or at least, what we're used to seeing him do.

Oh, and Albert Pujols is masin' the game right now. Last I heard, dude had 18 HR already. That's something.
Peace.