Nine Inch Nails

Patsai 09-15-2005 09:11 PM
Who here listens to Nine Inch Nails? I borrowed my friend's CD last month, and now I'm very hooked. The first album I heard from them [him] is "The Downward Spiral". This CD made me a heavy metal fan because of how well the lyrics were written in these songs. Almost the whole CD never had a dull moment, and I could listen through it from beginning to end without any skipping (definetly a lot of rewinding). That's a sign of a good band.

I think Trent Reznor's a genius. I never thought one guy's mind could create unique music peices and make lyrics that speak to the dark side of the human nature so incredibly well. Indeed a band [guy] to admire. I've bought "The Downward Spiral" and "With Teeth", and both CDs are very good, and it was hard to choose which one was better, but I chose "The Downward Spiral" because of the last song, "Hurt".

Anyone else here a NIN/Trent Reznor fan?
StevieV019 09-16-2005 07:34 AM
I am...Im going to see NIN in concert October 22nd (or the 14th, I forget) here in Tampa...my girlfriend loves them...Im familiar with some of their songs...but I think they're good...
David Ryder 09-16-2005 08:06 AM
I'm not a fan of NIN but I do respect Trent Reznor, he is really talented.
NightRanger 09-18-2005 08:53 AM
Trent Reznor is one of satan's children, along with Manson, the freak. I know people who are FAR more talented than these satanists.
Mike 09-18-2005 09:09 AM
Yeah, you already said that. And then a bunch of people, namely Scott, proved you wrong.

I can understand why people would say Manson is evil, but Reznor?
StevieV019 09-19-2005 09:31 AM
quote:
Yeah, you already said that. And then a bunch of people, namely Scott, proved you wrong

Yeah...Scott pretty much slam dunked that one...but of course, taking advantage of such an opportunity is fairly easy given the content of NR's posts....

Yeah, Im kinda confused as to why Reznor would be considered evil...

Oh well...without any substianted evidence, Id just ignore the ignorant, Mike...

quote:
Trent Reznor is one of satan's children, along with Manson, the freak. I know people who are FAR more talented than these satanists

You mean like Stryper? Dont make me laugh....
Zopwx2 09-19-2005 03:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NightRanger
Trent Reznor is one of satan's children, along with Manson, the freak. I know people who are FAR more talented than these satanists.

That sounds vaguely trollish.

Anyway a friend of mine went to a NIN concert and the drummer had to be taken to the hospital and they thought it was part of the show until the manager came out and told everyone to go home. Supposedly they get a free concert in november....
Volt 09-19-2005 05:03 PM
I don't have a big thing for NIN but I liked msot of the new album. Some of the songs, the last two and the single in particular didn't do much for me, but the rest was pretty cool. Not one of the best CDs this year, but definitely not one of the worst. I might get flack for this, but I think most of NIN's lyrics are forgettable.

quote:
Originally posted by NightRanger

Hair metal isn't talent but I'll humor you.
Big Money 09-19-2005 05:14 PM
I like their newest stuff, the two songs I've heard of it... And the video for... uhh... the newest video Sweatdrop is really cool... Nice CG...
BethMcBeth 09-19-2005 05:36 PM
I like NIN I am not like a OCd fan but its pretty cool and the fact that the main singer does almost everything or alot of the works is pretty amazing.

-Beth
David Ryder 09-20-2005 06:49 AM
huh? I don't see how reznor is a satanist, mansion I guess, he just wants to be notice IMO. Hair metal is just funny.
AndroidZeroX 09-20-2005 04:02 PM
Even though i do not care for NIN, i still respect Reznor because he is one of the most innovative music artists out there
Patsai 09-22-2005 10:59 PM
I can understand if you think he's satanic because he WAS once Manson's best friend, but they took different paths (and are now rivals or something along that line). His newer stuff is more pop-genre themed than metal.
Travis Bickle 09-22-2005 11:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
I can understand if you think he's satanic because he WAS once Manson's best friend, but they took different paths (and are now rivals or something along that line). His newer stuff is more pop-genre themed than metal.

He was never really Manson's best friend. Reznor signed Manson, they became ok friends, Reznor played guitar on Portrait and some stuff on Antichrist Superstar, Manson pissed off Reznor, a few years pass, they become friends again, filmed a music video and did a couple of live shows, they part ways after Manson does an assload of coke at a party he was with Reznor at. Run on sentences kick ass.

As a huge manson fan (1994-2002 stuff, that is), I know my stuff. Manson is leaning towards more non-guitar oriented industrial garbage, where Reznor is playing with all sorts of instruments and kicking ass while doing so.

That's your Nothing Records history lesson for the day, kiddies. Now children, it's time for lunch. Please roll up your sleeves.