The Daily Hustler: Your Paradigm City Movie Source

Travis Bickle 11-14-2005 09:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
My mistake on the Yoko thing, didn't know she was still alive.

Abnyway, check this out. Cillian Murphy (Batman Begins, Red Eye is in a new movie where he plays a woman and has the whole costume down as well. He talks about it here in this interview. And the scary thing is, is that he actually looks like a woman... Confused
Peace.

I don't know why nobody plugged her yet.

Anway, Breakfast on Pluto is going to haul ass. The book was great, and for some reason, the website gives the entire movie away. Odd...but I'm still going to see it.

And his name is Pussy, not Kitten. But whatever. Jordan is odd like that. Just see the Crying Game.
Nine Kuze 11-19-2005 09:24 AM
Here's a review of 50 Cent's movie: "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" from SLAM Online. I know I did something like this before and must of you said that you couldn't follow it but try and give it another chance. Besides, this review is real funny Big Grin

Also, Chris Tucker FINALLY shut the hell up, signed the contract, and Rush Hour 3 is on its way to being produced.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 11-29-2005 02:09 PM
Here's a lengthly article about the 2005 Oscar Warrior, its about the movies of the year that might get some Oscar buzz and some Oscar nominations at the Academy Awards next year in Febraury.

They range from movies of all over the year such as Cinderella Man, Crash, The Constant Gardener, Capote, Jarhead, Walk the Line and movies that haven't even come out yet like King Kong, Memoirs of a Geisha, and Munich.

It's pretty tight so check it out for one folks who loves your Oscars (I know I damn sure do Big Grin ).

Also, Ang Lee talks about the possibly of being a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 12-05-2005 10:11 AM
Here are some pictures of the new X-Men movie coming out next year in the summer. Note: Kelsey Grammar as Beast looks pretty damn sweet...
Peace.
David Ryder 12-05-2005 10:34 AM
Hurray Rush hour 3, the third in an already not funny series. X men looked pretty cool though and crouching tiger, hidden dragon 2? ouch well it would give people something to overrate.
Travis Bickle 12-05-2005 10:42 AM
Generalissimo D 12-05-2005 04:19 PM
quote:
Here are some pictures of the new X-Men movie coming out next year in the summer. Note: Kelsey Grammar as Beast looks pretty damn sweet...
Peace.

Wow. That looks awesome, and if the movie is f***ed up I'm gonna send a headcrab to the director.

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
Screw photos! The trailer's out!

Thanks
Sharpshooter005 12-07-2005 10:17 PM
SILENT HILL TRAILER NOW UP.

http://www.thelovens.co.uk/paracam/sh_tease.wmv

Oh and before anyone even needs to ask. Yes there is pyramid head.

Here, just so you dont need to pause the trailer to try and get the exact scene...which I unashamedly admit to doing.

Blurry? Yeah. But thats...almost definately pyramid head.

I'm also just going to say its officially okay to be way, way too excited over this movie. They even have that clanking sound in the trailer. And the WIRE FENCING.
David Ryder 12-07-2005 10:21 PM
yes that's most definately Pyramid Head. well my hope for this movie went up a good bit.
Travis Bickle 12-07-2005 10:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
SILENT HILL TRAILER NOW UP.

http://www.thelovens.co.uk/paracam/sh_tease.wmv

Not to be anal about it or anything, but I think that's just the flash video for the site, and not the actual teaser (since it doesn't fit teaser standards and whatnot).
Zopwx2 12-07-2005 10:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
Screw photos! The trailer's out!

Oh snap, a 3rd one so fast?
Sharpshooter005 12-08-2005 03:24 PM
quote:
Not to be anal about it or anything, but I think that's just the flash video for the site, and not the actual teaser (since it doesn't fit teaser standards and whatnot).

It's a very short glimpse of the general look of the film (which seems pretty dead on). So...better than nothing.

Also it confirms that Pyramid Head is in the film. And also probably the following:

Patient demon (the white legs walking towards the camera)

Zombie nurses (the shuffling feet, also one looks like its dragging a pipe)

Pyramid Head sort of makes sense for a movie about the first game, for...a couple of long, convoluted reasons. The straightjacket/patient demon though...that makes less sense
spoiler (highlight to read):
Since I was under the impression most/all the monsters in SH2 were manifestations of James's subconcious, or the subconcious anxieties of the other characters in some cases.

edit: Also it even has that "CLANK. CLANK. CLANK" noise. Which...oh god how I've grown to love that clanking.
Nine Kuze 12-13-2005 02:12 PM
I got a feeling that the third X-Men is going to suck... pretty hard. Like the third Matrix movie...

Anyway, they got the nominees of the Golden Globe Awards out right now and Anthony Hopkins is getting the Lifetime Achivement Award.
Peace.
David Ryder 12-13-2005 06:22 PM
quote:
Anthony Hopkins is getting the Lifetime Achivement Award.

Rockin, he deserves it. Great actor.
Sharpshooter005 12-13-2005 06:30 PM
quote:
Anthony Hopkins is getting the Lifetime Achivement Award.

Please tell me instead of a normal statue, they'll be injecting him with some kind of concotion that will prevent him from EVER DYING.

Not only is he obviously a great actor, but heres some fun facts from IMDB.

He was chosen to imitate the voice of Lawrence Oliver so it could be dubbed into Spartacus when some cut footage was added back in (in retrospect this..is probably really common knowledge)

And apparently he's somehow related to William Butler Yeats. So I guess awesome is some form of genetic quality with him?
Generalissimo D 12-13-2005 06:35 PM
quote:
I got a feeling that the third X-Men is going to suck... pretty hard. Like the third Matrix movie...

Dude...Revolutions was awesome. Anyone who was dissapointed obviously wanted plot, which of course made no f***ing sense(HOLY sh** EVERYONE ASPLODED!).

Any movie that has mech's onscreen for more than 5 minutes actually shooting at something is excellent in my book.

Anthony Hopkins drank a secret elixir of the Roman Emperor Constantine, which gave him his awesome. Don't ask how that works, or how I know that.

Edit:A friend of mine got that convulted little reboot, and his explanation saved me the headache for thinking of it.
Travis Bickle 12-14-2005 08:36 AM
Ok, Sharpshooter. According to Rotten Tomatoes, that was the teaser. However, this one has credits, which makes it more of a teaser...

In other news, the Da Vinci Code Trailer is out, and it looks as lame as the book was.
Nine Kuze 12-17-2005 03:42 PM
There's this article about how the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have announced the final seven nominees for Best Visual Effects for the 2005 Oscars.

The seven nominees are:
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
King Kong
Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
War of the Worlds

So, any takers on who they think the top five nominees are going to be when March rolls around?
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 12-17-2005 04:12 PM
quote:
According to Rotten Tomatoes, that was the teaser. However, this one has credits, which makes it more of a teaser...

This is now the fourth time I've seen that, and no its not getting old yet. I'm still anxious to see a full trailer but...so far it really does look like they've nailed alot of the distinctive aspects of the games. And the interview where they said most of the special effects were done the "old fashioned" way with CG only when necessary only raised my hopes (I assume the CG will be mainly for pyramid head, if that was pyramid head in the teaser it sort of looked CG). It's better than just sticking computer generated everything into the film.

They also seem to have added a few things in judging by the production stills (theres one of two people in what look like gas masks. Ones holding an old emergency flashlight, and theres what looks like a bird cage in the shot...maybe they're supposed to be miners or something because of how canaries were once used) and those look like suitably creepy, and fitting with the general aesthetic they're going for. If they pull this off, then it's really going to be great.

edit: Moving on from fog filled towns swarming with bizzare demonic creatures...heres a flash teaser (whatever you want to call it) for Miami Vice! (I forget, I think you need to click through a menu to get to it)

http://www.bacardilive.com/

I'm...I dont know how I feel about this..

Cons: I've never really seen Miami Vice

Pros: Michael Mann is direcing it, which...yeah thats a good thing.

Also it's not too shocking he'd be directing this movie...Miami Vice was basically his show. He was the producer, and I think he wrote a couple of episodes of it...so..yeah. It might turn out well. The teaser sort of resembles collateral, handheld camerawork and dark cityscapes lit by harsh neon/bright lights. Also supposedly the action sequences should be good. Not surprising because of how awesome the bank shootout in heat was, but also a stuntman apparently died during filming..so...yeah. I'm kind of anxious to see that aspect.

Lets hope whatever company makes the gun used by the leads isn't driven out of buisness the way the series did to the Bren Ten (seriously, the demand skyrocketed and they just folded)

quote:
Rush hour 3, the third in an already not funny series.

I...actually liked the first two. I think they worked well for what they were supposed to be, which is really all you can ask of a movie like that.
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 10:45 AM
Disney and Touchstone Pictures have a set out a preview of movies that are to be released to 2006. Check it out here.
Peace.