:: The Academy Animated Awards :: (The Nines - The Hustla Within the Shell...)

David Ryder 02-26-2006 01:59 AM
ya know Bebop is fairly entertaining but I do agree, it's rather overrated. Ditto on the soundtrack, Tank is a rather simple piece of music, however I do enjoy some the vocal tracks.
StevieV019 02-27-2006 07:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
Cowboy Bebop is horrifyingly overrated.

Not exactly...its just old. Remember, it was first produced back in 1998...so we're going on 8 years of anime since then. The effect has simply worn off. It doesnt mean its not a great series, but when its had the exposure its had for the past 8 years, its bound to become "average" or normal over time. Because of the endless support and airtime its had, its pretty much set the standard for what is regarded as good or bad. Its own success and popularity has contributed to the view that its overrated. In 8 years, Fullmetal will be the same way if given the same amount of exposure as Bebop...
Gato Gurl914 02-27-2006 09:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Latest results show "Brokeback Megadeus" still trailing in polls.

i love you.
Nine Kuze 02-28-2006 03:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Latest results show "Brokeback Megadeus" still trailing in polls.

I have to agree with Guto Gurl914. In the six months that I have been here, THAT is the best thing that I have ever read. For the next ACA, I want Sharpie to host it. Big Grin

... (Big Fau stands behind Big O and hugs and cuddles him)
Big O: "I wish I can quit you."

Um Embarrassed Sweatdrop , anyway, back to the ceremony...

Today's award winners are: Best Costume Design, Best Video Game, Best Manga, Best Anime Movie.

The nominees for Best Costume Design are: Big O, Dragonball Z, InuYasha, and Samurai Champloo.

And the Dorothy goes to:
spoiler (highlight to read):
- Samurai Champloo -

The nominees for Best Video Game are: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, Dragon Quest VII: Journey of the Cursed King, Digital Devil Saga 2, and Resident Evil 4.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Resident Evil 4 -

The nominees for Best Manga are: Dragonball Z, FullMetal Alchemist, One Piece, and Rurouni Kenshin.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Rurouni Kenshin -

The nominees for Best Anime Movie are: Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, and Perfect Blue.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door -

The next awards to be announced are Best Screenplay, Best Editing, Best English and Japanese Voice Acting.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 03-02-2006 10:15 AM
Back to the Academy Anime Awards ceremony...

Today's award winners are: Best Screenplay, Best Editing, Best English Voice Acting, and Best Japanese Voice Acting.

The nominees for Best Screenplay are: Big O, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL/Fooly Cooly, and Paranoia Agent.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Big O -

The nominees for Best Editing are: Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and RahXephon.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Cowboy Bebop -

The nominees for Best English Voice Acting are: Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, and Samurai Champloo.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Big O -

The nominees for Best Japanese Voice Acting are: Dragonball Z, FullMetal Alchemist, One Piece, Trigun.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- FullMetal Alchemist -

The next awards to be announced are Best Character: Villain, Best Cinematography, Best Animation/Art Direction, and Best Storyline.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 03-06-2006 01:07 PM
Today's award winners are: Best Character - Villain, Best Cinematography, Best Animation/Art Direction, and Best Storyline.

The nominees for Best Character - Villain are: Paladin Alexander Anderson Hellsing, Greed (FullMetal Alchemist), Alex Rosewater (Big O), and Vicious (Cowboy Bebop).

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Vicious (Cowboy Bebop) -

The nominees for Best Cinematography are: Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Paranoia Agent.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Big O -

The nominees for Best Animation/Art Direction are: Big O, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, InuYasha, and Samurai Champloo.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Big O -

The nominees for Best Storyline are: Big O, FullMetal Alchemist, One Piece, and Trigun.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Big O -

The next winners to be announced are for the awards of Best Characters for Male, Female, Supporting Male, and Supporting Female.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 03-08-2006 01:24 PM
Today's award winners are: Best Character - Supporting Female, Best Character - Supporting Male, Best Character - Female, and Best Character - Male.

The nominees for Best Supporting Female Character are: Angel (Big O), Haruko Haruhara (FLCL/Fooly Cooly), Kikyo (InuYasha), and Sango (InuYasha).

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Angel (Big O) -

The nominees for Best Supporting Male Character are: Alucard (Hellsing), Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop), Schwartzwold (Big O), and Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Trigun).

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Schwartzwold (Big O) -

The nominees for Best Female Character are: Integra Hellsing (Hellsing), Kagome Higurashi (InuYasha), Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), and R.Dorothy Wayneright (Big O).

And the Dorothy goes to:
- R.Dorothy Wayneright (Big O) -

The nominees for Best Male Character are: Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist), Roger Smith (Big O), Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop), and Vash the Stampede (Trigun).

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) -

The four remaining winners to be announced are for the awards of Best Series, Best Action Series, Best Drama Series, and Best Director.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 03-10-2006 03:18 PM
Today's award winners are Best Drama - For An Anime Series, Best Action - For An Anime Series, Best Director, and Best Anime Series.

The nominees for Best Drama Series are: Big O, FLCL/Fooly Cooly, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Paranoia Agent.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Big O -

The nominees for Best Action Series are: Cowboy Bebop, FullMetal Alchemist, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and RahXephon.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Cowboy Bebop -

The nominees for Best Director are: Kazuyoshi Katayama (Big O), Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop), Satoshi Kon (Paranoia Agent), and Shinichiro Watanabe (Samurai Champloo).

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Shinichiro Watanabe (Samurai Champloo) -

Now for the Main Event...

The nominees for Best Series are: Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

And the Dorothy goes to:
- Big O -

That concludes the first ever Academy Anime Awards. Thanks to everyone for supporting this idea and for participating as well!

We have come to terms.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 03-10-2006 03:31 PM
Nine XXVI here and I just wrapped up the first ever annual Academy Anime Awards. Missed what happened? Don't know who won what. Don't worry you pretty little head. I got you covered. Big Grin

quote:
Originally by Nine XXVI

:: The First Academy Anime Awards Are Held, As Big O and Cowboy Bebop Dominate ::
By: Nine XXVI

In the motion picture industry, it has happened three times.

It happened in 1959, with the epic Ben-Hur being the first. It happened again in 1997 with Titanic, and it occurred a third time with Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King in 2003, winning every category it was nominated for.

With all things considered, you can add Big O in 2006 to that list.

That’s what went down as the first ever-annual Academy Anime Awards was held at Paradigm City’s Ailesberry Farm this March. With the event being dominated by ‘brokeback megaduses*’ and ‘space cowboys’, the two leading series in Big O and Cowboy Bebop took home a total of 19 awards. The ‘big eleven’ out of 16 total nominations went to Big O, and another eight wins from 15 total nominations went to Cowboy Bebop.

The eleven awards that Big O won were Best Series(1), Best Drama Series(2), Best Female Character(3), Best Supporting Male and Female Characters(4)(5), Best Cinematography(6), Best Animation/Art Direction(7), Best Storyline[8], Best Screenplay(9), Best English Voice Acting(10), and Best Original Score(11). Cowboy Bebop scored its eight awards with Best Action Series(1), Best Director(2), Best Male Character(3), Best Villain Character(4), Best Editing(5), Best Visual Effects(6), Best Anime Picture(7), and Best Sound Mixing and Editing[8].

With Big O and Cowboy Bebop winning the majority of 19 awards that left only five awards for the slim pickings of the other nominees. Samurai Champloo won Best Costume Design, FullMetal Alchemist won Best Japanese Voice Acting, Rurouni Kenshin won Best Manga, and Resident Evil 4 won Best Video Game of 2005-2006. The only category that Big O and Cowboy Bebop were both nominated for and didn’t win was the Best Original Song category, which was won by FLCL’s (Fooly Cooly) “Ride on a Shooting Star”, which was performed by The Doors at the award ceremony.

Other well-established and popular anime series, such as Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and InuYasha, gathered a number of nominations but were unable to secure an award.

“We were just going to hack into everyone’s cyber brains and have them vote for us,” joked Animated Award nominee Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell. “Both I suppose our ghosts (conscience) got in the way.”

The acting categories went completely to both Big O and Cowboy Bebop, as R.Dorothy Wayneright, Michael “Schwartzwold” Seebach, and Angel Rosewater won from Big O won the Best Female, Supporting Male, and Supporting Female awards. Spike Spiegel won a very narrow race with Roger Smith to win Best Male Character as Vicious won Best Villain Character and Shinichiro Watanabe took the Best Director award for his directorial work on Cowboy Bebop.

After the award ceremony, at the press conference, Spike Spiegel joked that “this Anime Award will probably get me a helluva lot more than any bounty has before.” And he told Roger Smith later on that they, “have come to terms.” When asked about his win for the Best Supporting Male award, Michael “Schwartzwold” Seebach said that “with this win, I’ll finally be able to expose the truth of this false world called Paradigm City to the fools and lapdogs that blindly live in it.”

The winners of the Academy Anime Awards are determined by the members of the Paradigm City Forums, who vote between four finalized nominees who are chosen by the members who give the highest praise to certain characters and series from a bigger pool nominated before hand.

With the academy rule in place of the current winners cannot be nominated for that same category they won in, the next Academy Anime Award ceremony, the categories will clear up with Big O and Cowboy Bebop away from the action. Certain series such as Samurai Champloo, FullMetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG, and Neon Genesis Evangelion should take their game to the next level, especially with new episodes of these series premiering and with other series coming to their conclusions.

Think about it. Ben-Hur, Titanic, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Big O

The first Academy Anime Awards comes to a close and with more anime series being shown on air, the next Anime Award ceremony is more likely not to be annexed by ‘brokeback megaduses’ and ‘space cowboys’.

We have come to terms. See you, space cowboy.

* I'd like to thank Sharpshooter005 for that remark. Greatest. Thing. EVER.

- Other quotes from the night -

“The award is in fact named after me, so it was no real surprise that I won. Its also not surprising that Roger didn’t win either. Roger Smith is such a louse.”
-- R.Dorothy Wayneright, on her “Dorothy” win for Best Female Character.

“Spike Spiegel can keep his sh*t. I’m just trying to get my brother’s body back.”
-- Edward Elric, on losing out on the Best Male Character Award.

“I was going to ask the winner of the Best Female category to bear my children, but since the android won, that would make things really awkward. Now, Angel winning the Supporting Female award is something I can work with.”
-- Miroku, on his thoughts before being slapped by to reality by Sango.

Other related articles:
- From Jason Beck to Angel to Feye Valentine, fashion styles of the Academy Anime Awards.
- The pre-show and the post-show of the Anime Awards.
- Complete list of winners.
- Central City to host next Anime Awards.
- Who got snubbed?
- Who did you have? Predications of AAA winners.

Thanks again everybody for getting involved with the Academy Anime Awards and anybody wants to put down any nominees for a certain category, please feel free to do it here anytime. Smile
Peace.
Nine Kuze 04-04-2006 03:43 PM
Hey, let me ask you guys a question; The Academy Animated Awards deals with only anime series right? So, what would you think about having all animated shows included into the fold as well?

I have been thinking about this for a while now and we all watch anime, but we also watch other types of animated shows that are not anime and basically, I wanted to run this by you guys before I advanced with this year's Animated Awards any further. Think about it and post your thoughts and thanks.
Peace.
Big Money 04-04-2006 04:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Hey, let me ask you guys a question; The Academy Animated Awards deals with only anime series right? So, what would you think about having all animated shows included into the fold as well?

I have been thinking about this for a while now and we all watch anime, but we also watch other types of animated shows that are not anime and basically, I wanted to run this by you guys before I advanced with this year's Animated Awards any further. Think about it and post your thoughts and thanks.
Peace.

BTAS would take every award.

I'm just letting you know ahead of time.
Nine Kuze 04-05-2006 03:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI

Peace.

BTAS would take every award.

I'm just letting you know ahead of time.

That's funny Big Money. And when you say "BTAS", I just going to randomly assume you're talking about 'Batman: The Animated Series'. And in that case it probably would win every award... except Best Female Character. Catwoman's cool and everything but she's at most supporting. Big Grin

Anyway, I already talked about this with Sharpshooter and I was thinking about expanding this notion. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in 'presenting' any of the awards this time around. By that, I mean that would get to post and present the award for a certain category and I think it would be fun to get you guys more involved in the Animated Awards as well. So if anybody is interested in presenting some awards for the next ceremony, give me a holla. Smile

Also, I'm thinking about including an 'Academy Honorary Award' that honors past animes or other animated series that have influnced and got us interested in anime in the first place. So if you guys think that would be an interesting gesture to include in the Animated Awards ceremony, let me know and post down your thoughts about it.
Peace.
Chitter-Box-Kat 04-09-2006 09:29 AM
Alright...late as I am...I have to make a stand...

Best Supporting Female Character went to Angel from Big O. Now, don't get me wrong, she has a few moments, but I think the award should have gone to Hrauko Haruhara from FLCL/ Folly Cooly. She's a psycho ALIEN chick who carries around a guitar, rides a yellow vespa, and raises some serious hell and chaos wherever she goes.

Best Supporting Male Character went to Schwarzwald from Big O. OKAY...I can see why. The guy is good. HOWEVER, I have to sypethize more with the vampire on this one. Alucard from Hellsing is a kick ass character! I'd take a blood lusting vampire over a disgruntled obsessive-compulsive reporter ANY DAY.

And one last thing. Is FLCL/ Fooly Cooly really a drama? Confused Cause when saw that six episode seies, I saw a sci-fi action/ comedy. And I did laugh at a few episodes... Big Grin

This has been Chitter-Box-Cat, nitpicking her way across the galaxy on her spaceship full of cats.

(rides off as the opening theme for Outlaw Star plays)
Darkside 04-20-2006 09:21 PM
my nominees (just for a few categories)

Best Villian - Palparepa GaoGaiGar FINAL My reasoning: His first encounter with the main character and he kills him. proof: http://photobucket.com/albums/v463/Goldg...=GFG_defeat.flv

Best Action: For An Anime Series GaoGaiGar FINAL
http://photobucket.com/albums/v463/Goldg...rent=GGGG_H.flv

that is all
Nine Kuze 04-20-2006 09:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
my nominees (just for a few categories)

Best Villian - Palparepa GaoGaiGar FINAL My reasoning: His first encounter with the main character and he kills him. proof: http://photobucket.com/albums/v463/Goldg...=GFG_defeat.flv

Best Action: For An Anime Series GaoGaiGar FINAL
http://photobucket.com/albums/v463/Goldg...rent=GGGG_H.flv

that is all

Thanks a lot for the nominations, Darkside! I'll be sure to include them in with the current list of candidates that I currently got going on at the moment. Big thanks for the villain nomination of Palparepa, because right now, my villain list is rather short and all of them are basically from only three series. So thanks for this cause it really brings some diversity in the fold.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 05-30-2006 08:03 PM
Hey everybody. Nine XXVI here and I have an update with the progress of the Academy Animated Awards.

- Remember when I posted that if anybody interested wants, they can volunteer to become a 'presenter' for the next Animated Awards? (It's a couple of posts down) Basically, when you present you get to post the winners of the awards on the forums. Well, I have a rather long list myself of who I'd like to have present (if no one comes right out and volunteers, I'll just any some of you and PM you directly) but if anybody is interested in doing so at the Academy Animated Awards (I need 13 members), please feel free to PM me or just announce so here.

- Before, there were 24 categories. That was before. Now, there are 26. I created two more categories that should fit well with the hobbies of the PC members; Best Motion Picture and Best Musical Album. I'll probably be setting up a thread to discuss which movies and albums should be nominated for the new awards soon, but I just wanted to give a heads-up about the new categories.

- I basically when through the whole thread and did some editing. Also, you for easy access, you can just click on my signature with "The Animated Awards" text on it and from there, you can scroll down the first post and use the links of 24 out of the 26 categories to get to where you need to go.

If I have any other updates, I'll surely let Paradigm City know.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 05-30-2006 09:44 PM
I'll do it.
Nine Kuze 06-19-2006 02:43 PM
Hey, Nine XXVI here and I have another update regarding the Academy Animated Awards.

Now, I've posted before saying that I was looking for 13 members here in Paradigm City to volunteer to be 'presenters' for the next Animated Awards event. My boy D-Boy stepped up and I've been real busy in the PMs trying to get other members to come on board as well. Thankfully, the members that I contacted have agreed to be presenters and as of the moment I have 12 members and need one more. Just one more...

- Cool! I got the 13 presenters!

Here are the members that I have contacted and already confirmed with presenting at the Academy Animated Awards:
  • Ace of Spades
  • Asirt
  • Buck Buck #1
  • Fujiko
  • Green_Bird
  • Krang
  • Mike
  • Mistress-Samwise
  • Mr. D
  • Mugiwara Luffy
  • Nine XXVI (I'll be presenting myself)
  • R.Smith
  • Zopwx2

That's who I got right now and I'd like to thank you all again for coming on board and volunteering to be presenters for the AAA. Smile If you still want to be a presenter, there's still three points open so give me a holla over the PMs or just post it here.

Anyway, the members that I talked to over PM asked what they will be doing as they present. As you can see, that is a very important question and I'm going to go over that. See, the intent is with 26 categories, I'd like to get 13 members. So that would be two categories for every member. On a given date (I'll post the dates on a later time), the members will come to this thread and post the nominees of their two categories and finally, the two winners as well.

Here's an example: Say its Presenter X's turn to present and the categories that X has are Best Category 1 and Best Category 2. So Presenter X would come to the Academy Animated Award thread (this current one) and make a post that would (for example's sake) look something like this:

quote:
Originally posted by Presenter X

Hello, Paradigm. I'm Presenter X and today, I'll be presenting the winners for the Best Category 1 Award and the Best Category 2 Award.

The nominees for Best Category 1 are:
- Nominee 1
- Nominee 2
- Nominee 3
- Nominee 4

The winner, and the (Dorothy/Nine if you prefer) goes to:
Nominee 1

The nominees for Best Category 2 are:
- Nominee 5
- Nominee 6
- Nominee 7
- Nominee 8

The winner, and the (Dorothy/Nine if you prefer) goes to:
Nominee 7

Presenting next is Presenter Y, who will be presenting the Best Category 3 Award and the Best Category 4 Award.

Though this is purely just an example, this is a blueprint of what the posts of the presenters should look like when presenting their two awards. Of course, I'd also love it if you guys can project your own unique personality into the posts as well. Big Grin

So as far as what the presenters are doing, that's it. Also, if you still have any questions, then give me a reply over PM or just post here.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 07-12-2006 07:40 PM
Well, with other parts of the AAA in swing right now, such as the Best Motion Picture and Video Game going on in other forums, I thought that I would put down here some nominations that I got going on with the other 13 categories.

I'll put down the nominations that I have gathered up for the moment for 13 categories (think of this as the first set) first and later on, I'll put the nominations I have for the other 13 categories.

- Best Drama Series:
AIR
FLCL
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Lupin the Third
Paranoia Agent
Texhnolyze

- Best Director:
Kenji Kamiyama - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Satoshi Kon - Paranoia Agent
Hiyao Miyazuki - Spirited Away
Seiji Mizushina - FullMetal Alchemist
Satoshi Nishimura - Trigun
Kazuya Tsurumaki - FLCL
Shinichiro Watanabe - Samurai Champloo

- Best Male Character:
Alucard - Hellsing
Ashitaka - Princess Monokoke
Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
Shinji Ikari - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Jin - Samurai Champloo
Yukito Kunisaki - AIR
Ichigo Kurosaki - Bleach
Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece
Arsenin Lupin III - Lupin the Third
Mugen - Samurai Champloo
Naota Nandaba - FLCL
Ryuuha - AIR in Summer
Vash the Stampede - Trigun

- Best Supporting Female Character:
Rei Ayanuami - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Julia - Cowboy Bebop
Haruko Kamio - AIR
Kikyo - InuYasha
Kano Kirishimo - AIR
Asuka Langley Soryu - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Lust - FullMetal Alchemist
Fujiko Mine - Lupin the Third
Winry Rockbell - FullMetal Alchemist
Rem Saverem - Trigun
Meryl Stryfe - Trigun
Millie Thompson - Trigun
Minagi Tohno - AIR
Uraha - AIR in Summer
Feye Valentine - Cowboy Bebop
Seras Victoria - Hellsing

- Best Cinematography:
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
FullMetal Alchemist
Princess Monokoke
Samurai Champloo
Spirited Away

- Best Animated Direction:
AIR
Cowboy Bebop
Eureka Seven
FullMetal Alchemist
Hellsing
InuYasha
Princess Monokoke
Read or Die
Samurai Champloo
Spirited Away
Tekkaman Blade

- Best Editing:
FLCL
FullMetal Alchemist
Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion
Paranoia Agent
Samurai Champloo
Texhnolyze
Trigun

- Best Character Design:
AIR
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
FullMetal Alchemist
Hellsing
Lupin the Third
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece
Trigun

- Best Japanese Voice Acting:
AIR
Castle in the Sky
Hellsing
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece
Princess Monokoke
Samurai Champloo
Spirited Away

- Best Anime Picture:
AIR
Howl's Moving Castle
Luputa: Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro
Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion
Princess Monokoke
Read or Die
Spirited Away
Valley of the Wind

- Best Manga:
Bleach
Deathnote
FullMetal Alchemist
Hellsing
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece
RahXephon
Read or Die
Trigun

- Best Original Score:
AIR
Bleach
Cowboy Bebop
FullMetal Alchemist
Samurai Champloo
Tekkaman Blade

Here's the first 13 categories and their nominations and I'll post up the other 13 another time. If you have anything to add, anything to bash, thoughts, comments, beefs, post 'em here.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 07-21-2006 07:34 PM
Here are the candidates for the 13 other categories:

- Best Series:
AIR
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
FullMetal Alchemist
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Samurai Champloo
Trigun

- Best Action Series:
Bleach
FullMetal Alchemist
GaoGaiGar FINAL
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece
Samurai Champloo
Tekkaman Blade
Trigun

- Best Female Character:
Fuu - Samurai Champloo
Haruko Harauaka - FLCL
Integra Hellsing - Hellsing
Kagome Higurashi - InuYasha
Misuzu Kamio - AIR
Kanna - AIR in Summer
Misato Katsuragi - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rukia Kuchiki - Bleach
Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Chihiro Ogino - Spirited Away
Yomiko Readman - Read or Die
San - Princess Monokoke

- Best Supporting Male Character:
Renji Abarai - Bleach
Daisuke Aramaki - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Batou - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Jet Black - Cowboy Bebop
Alphonse Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
Gendo Ikari - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ryuho Kaji - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Roy Mustang - FullMetal Alchemist
Straight Cougar - s-CRY-ed
Togusa - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Nicholas D. Wolfwood - Trigun
Koichi Zenigata - Lupin the Third
Roronoa Zoro - One Piece

- Best Villain Character:
Arlong - One Piece
Legato Bluesummers - Trigun
Dante - FullMetal Alchemist
Envy - FullMetal Alchemist
Kazundo Goda - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
The Laughing Man - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Millions Knives - Trigun
Hideo Kuze - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Keel Lorentz - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Palparepa - GaoGaiGar FINAL

- Best Screenplay:
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
FullMetal Alchemist
Hellsing
Lupin The Third
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Paranoia Agent
Samurai Champloo
The Soul Taker
Trigun

-Best Storyline:
AIR
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
FullMetal Alchemist
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Paranoia Agent
Tekkman Blade
Trigun

-Best Visual Effects:
Eureka Seven
FLCL
FullMetal Alchemist
Hellsing
InuYasha
Neon Genesis Evangelion
s-CRY-ed

-Best English Voice Acting:
Cowboy bebop
FLCL
FullMetal Alchemist
Hellsing
Lupin the Third
Samurai Champloo
Trigun

-Best Motion Picture:
Brokeback Mountain
King Kong
Memoirs of a Geisha
Munich
A Scanner Darkly
Syriana
Thank You For Smoking
United 93
Walk the Line
- Best Motion Picture Thread

-Best Video Game:
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Burnout Revenge
Daxter
Dead or Alive 4
Deus Ex
Elder Scrolls 4: Obilivon
Far Cry Instincts: Predator
Geometry Wars
Hitman: Blood Money
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Monster Hunter Freedom
New Super Mario Bros.
Phantom Dust
- Best Video Game Thread

-Best Original Theme:
"Battle Cry" - Samurai Champloo
"The Bird's Poem" - AIR
"D-TecnoLife" - Bleach
"Fuhen" - Samurai 7
"I Will" - FullMetal Alchemist
"If Dreams Come True" - AIR
"Living Inside the Shell" - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
"The Real Folk Blues" - Cowboy Bebop
"Rewrite" - FullMetal Alchemist
"Rise" - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
"Song of Four Seasons" - Samurai Champloo
"A Thesis of a Cruel Angel" - Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Best Sound:
AIR
Bleach
FLCL
FullMetal Alchemist
InuYasha
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Samurai Champloo
Trigun

This rounds out the candidates for the 26 categories for the Academy Animated Awards. Remember, I can't really do this without you guys as well so check it out and feel free to post some feedback as well. Smile
Peace.