Worst/Most Overrated Anime Of All Time

Nine Kuze 09-12-2005 12:56 PM
There's a forum out there that debutes what is the best anime of all time, and most of us have said either Dragonball Z, Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, or Lupin III.

But there's always another side to a story like this.

If you guys have a favorite anime, then what's your worst anime? The one you hate the most? The anime that when it comes on, you start throwing temper tandrems and change the channel before it even comes on. Because if you do, please reply and we'll get this started.
Peace.
Zopwx2 09-12-2005 01:28 PM
Who the hell ever said Cowboy Bebop was the worst of all time?!

I don't know, Inuyasha sucks pretty hard.... but I haven't seen enough anime to really find the worst one.
Nine Kuze 09-12-2005 01:36 PM
No one said Cowboy Bebop was one of the worst. I wrote that it was one of the best of all time.

Come on, dude.

And how in the blue hell did Inuyasha suck?! Someone explain this to me!
Raven 09-12-2005 01:39 PM
1. Reign
2. Kikaider
3. Big O (j/k)
4. s-CRY-ed
5. Ah My Goddess
Mugiwara Luffy 09-12-2005 02:00 PM
Pilot Candidate was pretty terrible.
Raven 09-12-2005 02:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Sanji
Pilot Candidate was pretty terrible.

I have to agree with you there. The kids in hot pants theme got old fast. Adult swim only aired like 7 episodes of it too.
Tickle Tickle 09-12-2005 02:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
I have to agree with you there. The kids in hot pants theme got old fast. Adult swim only aired like 7 episodes of it too.

They aired the whole thing atleast once.

Pliot Candidate is problemly the all time worst anime ever. No plot, flat characters, bad animation, no ending, etc. Seriously, did ANYONE like this?

As for worst anime:

Naruto
Please Twins
Love Hina
Negima
(Ever other title created by Akamatsu Ken sucks)
S-Cry-ed
Cutie Honey SEED (manga series)
Wolf's Rain
DICE
Generalissimo D 09-12-2005 03:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
Love Hina
Wolf's Rain

I hate those fanservice only ones. My IQ starts hurting. I also dislike Wolf's Rain.

I dislike Bebop because I'm different like that. I could never get into that show.
Mike 09-12-2005 04:12 PM
Yeah. Pilot Candidate was very painful to watch. The plot really didn't make any sense, the characters were annoying and the robots were weird.
Raven 09-12-2005 05:09 PM
quote:
quote:

They aired the whole thing atleast once.

Well then I must have seen the ending and not realized that the series had reached any sort of conclusion... Oh and add Blue Gender as well as Wolf's Rain to my list.
Tickle Tickle 09-12-2005 05:10 PM
quote:
Well then I must have seen the ending and not realized that the series had reached any sort of conclusion...

Bingo. The last episode is pretty much like the others, nothing special.
David Ryder 09-12-2005 07:16 PM
Inuyasha (tired worn out takahashi charecter designs)
Love Hina (can Ken Akamatsu ever come up with anything good? doubtful)
Negima (See love hina)
AYA (A harem show that tried to be something diffrent, but failed)
Nine Kuze 09-12-2005 07:21 PM
Thanks for responding everybody.

To be honest and probably thankful, I've only heard about two of these animes and that everybody here is spitting is some of the worst. Wolf's Rain and Blue Gender. I just saw the commericals and said hell no. People transforming into wolves? It's a cut idea but I never got interested in the whole damn thing. And Blue Gender just looked weird and I had no idea what it was about at all, and it just looked bad.

For the same reason, you guys can add Witch Hunter Robin to this hustla's list.

Keep it coming, guys and thanks for responding.
Peace.
Tickle Tickle 09-12-2005 07:39 PM
Oh God.. Witch Hunter Robin. I have never seen such a boring TV series. EVER.
Nine Kuze 09-12-2005 07:59 PM
Really?

I never saw the whole thing but I think I saw the first episode and there was an old man a young girl talking about being a witch hunter.

Another one I can think about is a disgrace to the first two series and that's...

spoiler (highlight to read):
DRAGONBALL GT

Man, don't get me started...
Peace.
Schoolie 09-12-2005 09:12 PM
I'd say one criteria for claiming a worst show ever is having watched it.

That said, of the shows I've seen, Pilot Candidate is numero stinko. I think they pulled it (either CN or even the producers) and never finished the show. Still, it was a dull, aimless show that tried to cram newly developed CG mecha effects into a space drama crammed with stereotypical teenage characters, even including the half-cat girl. It tried to be both cheesy and melancholy and mysterious and about every other anime trick you can copy.

I also haven't seen all the episodes, but DragonBall GT just looks like a milked out cash cow.
Sharpshooter005 09-12-2005 10:44 PM
quote:

If a show is a "harem anime", I'm just not bothering. People ask why anime has some kind of stigma

It's this, this is why. If your show is nothing but "OH NO, ZANY SITUATIONS WITH SEXUAL UNDERTONES", then all you've done is basically make threes company into a cartoon.

And since John Ritter is dead, it's not happening.
poptartchan 09-12-2005 11:16 PM
quote:

As for worst anime:

Naruto
Please Twins
Love Hina
Negima
(Ever other title created by Akamatsu Ken sucks)

ACK! Crying you have taken a Knife and stabbed it into my back and twisted it twice these are like my favorite animes well (naruto is right now) I have all the Love hina book man o man but then again everyone has there own opinion Roll Eyes GO KEN GO!
David Ryder 09-13-2005 04:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

If a show is a "harem anime", I'm just not bothering. People ask why anime has some kind of stigma

It's this, this is why. If your show is nothing but "OH NO, ZANY SITUATIONS WITH SEXUAL UNDERTONES", then all you've done is basically make threes company into a cartoon.

And since John Ritter is dead, it's not happening.

you and me both. I pretty much never even bothe with harem show's anymore but then again I never did. Down with Harem Shows!
X Prime 09-13-2005 04:46 AM
Tenchi is popular... What the hell?

What do people see in Tenchi? Somebody please tell me. It's the friggin hallmark of lolitacon...