Worst/Most Overrated Anime Of All Time

Sharpshooter005 09-13-2005 05:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
What do people see in Tenchi...It's the friggin hallmark of lolitacon...

Theres your answer, troubling as it may be.
Tickle Tickle 09-13-2005 05:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Tenchi is popular... What the hell?

What do people see in Tenchi? Somebody please tell me. It's the friggin hallmark of lolitacon...

Tenchi is the only harem show I like. It has some fun characters, and is alot weridier than something like Love Hina or Maburaho. While not a favorite series, it is decent.
Gato Gurl914 09-13-2005 10:01 AM
im going to have to say
DICE
Zoids
Sailor Moon
Duel Masters
Pokemon ( i like the idea. the americanized version makes my ears bleed. COMMON SENSE PEOPLE!)
Nine Kuze 09-13-2005 12:34 PM
I hate to admit this, but I was a pretty big Sailor Moon fan when I was younger. But thanks to therapy, I'm okay now.

Pokemon does suck, but I'm down with Yu-Gi-Oh...
BigPrime 09-13-2005 07:41 PM
Hmmm...what I'm noticing here are a lot of shows that start off popular but get overhyped and then become hated(a trend which never ceases to amuse me). I've seen very few truly bad animes listed here. Most have good animation, good characters, good music, etc. They just don't appeal to the people listing them. Heck, Tenchi doesn't appeal to me but it has staying power that most franchises just don't have outside of Gundam or Macross. Anyhow, none of these are truly terrible products with the possible exception of Negima (whose first animation crew was sacked by the 7th episode and is considered vastly inferior to the manga anyhow).

Truth be told, I've seen very little truly terrible anime in full, though I do know it exists. However, not having seen it in full makes it difficult to comment on. I can criticize plenty of anime for plenty of reasons (Inuyasha is too long by probably 100 episodes, but it makes up for it with ever-increasing art quality, an amazing feat to say the least), but that doesn't make them the worst ever.

I think however, the worst anime I've ever seen is "Galaxy Fraulein Yuna" (now released simply as "Yuna"). It's a magical girl/mecha/thing OVA of only about 2 episodes. It throws you in with no understanding of why anything is happening (characters reference past events that were never shown), has nonsensical dialogue and actions and generally makes very little sense from beginning to end. It's fun to watch in a MST3k kind of way, though.
The Big Finale 09-13-2005 08:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gato Gurl914
Duel Masters

Only if you're talking about the original Japanese version. No one has any right to dislike the English version of Duel Masters, unless you just don't enjoy parodies.

As for the worst anime... eh, I'm seriously pressing my luck by saying this, but G Gundam.

Or Sonic X.
poptartchan 09-13-2005 08:45 PM
well i thought about it and decided what i thought would be some worst animes..

Pokemon
( I think just about everyone will agree on this one gives anime such a bad name.)
One Piece (dubbed)
Naruto (dubbed)
Rave Master (i perfered the manga)
Zatch Bell
Excel Saga

these are just i few that i personally don't like and think they are the worst i can't think of anymore right now but it will come to me eventually...
Generalissimo D 09-13-2005 08:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by poptartchan
One Piece (dubbed)

No. Bad dubs are bad dubs. It doesnt make the source material itself the worst. The original is actually quite gewd. I mean, look at Teknoman. That was a ghastly dub, filled with edits, incontinuity, and cheesy music instead of the beautiful space operatic music, intricate plot, and awesome voice that filled Tekkman Blade.
poptartchan 09-13-2005 09:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
quote:
One Piece (dubbed)

No. Bad dubs are bad dubs. It doesnt make the source material itself the worst. The original is actually quite gewd. I mean, look at Teknoman. That was a ghastly dub, filled with edits, incontinuity, and cheesy music instead of the beautiful space operatic music, intricate plot, and awesome voice that filled Tekkman Blade.

I'm not saying that in no way that the material and the plot of the anime was bad I just never approved of horrible dubs i guess just to express my dislike for them i don't really know how to explain it the words just aren't coming to me..
Xero-Hour 09-14-2005 03:27 AM
Their are quite a few out there that are just ghastly , Cyborg 009(i liked kikeider because of the ending where he kills the villan ) tho I would have too say its the worst Ive seen , GT was pretty bad too .
a few I would hate but the animation saves them (like wolfs rain) , and others Id like were it not for the philosophy behind them, Ruroni kenshin& Trigun, I only wached once and never again the "No liveing thing has the right too end anothers life" " thing is just plain foolish and ruined both shows for me .

oh and most ofthe stuff that "For kids tv" puts out is bad (the one piece dub you guys were talkin about for example )
Yomiko 09-14-2005 10:04 AM
On a demo disc from Barrins Newtype was a "Camoride High School", (sorry that I can't spell to save my life) you know that one about a robot going to school and people thinks hes real.
Theres also that "Milk Chan" that I never want to see even a camerical for again. Evil
Wingnut 09-14-2005 11:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale

As for the worst anime... eh, I'm seriously pressing my luck by saying this, but G Gundam.

Or Sonic X.

I have not seen Sonic X, so I can't comment, but for G Gundam you will have to be more specific about what you don't like about it.
And be quick about it, I am haveing signifigant difficulty in restraining myself from virtually getting medival on your ass for saying what you said about G Gundam. Mad
Raven 09-14-2005 01:41 PM
quote:
One Piece (Period)

Fixed!
Mugiwara Luffy 09-14-2005 03:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
quote:
One Piece (Period)

Fixed!

Whoa, man. You have to say more than that.

Only because I want to argue with you. Big Grin
The Big Finale 09-14-2005 06:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
I have not seen Sonic X, so I can't comment, but for G Gundam you will have to be more specific about what you don't like about it.

And be quick about it, I am having significant difficulty in restraining myself from virtually getting medieval on your ass for saying what you said about G Gundam. Mad

Most everything about it, to be completely honest. When I first watched it, G Gundam came across as badly written, totally ridiculous in many respects, and an all-around horrible idea.

...except for Domon's finishing move. That happens to be hilarious.
Yomiko 09-15-2005 10:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
quote:
One Piece (Period)

Fixed!

Yeah the anime on Saturdays is kind of bad. The first episod it drove me crazy that way they would pronuce Luffy. And later on they made that ones guys cig (I can't remember his name which is sad cause I read that manga) into a sucker.
Gato Gurl914 09-15-2005 11:06 AM
yeah and they changed beer to juice... and that was sanji's ciggie
Sharpshooter005 09-15-2005 12:11 PM
quote:
Theres also that "Milk Chan" that I never want to see even a camerical for again.

Super Milk Chan was wonderful. If the first episode of something has a character raving incoherently about stock investments, it grabs my attention.
Volt 09-15-2005 05:26 PM
Cowboy Bebop (I like some episodes, but it's overplayed, overrated, and usually just sort of boring)
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Inu Yasha
Tenchi
The retarded American SD Gundam thing (Was it like Superior Defenders or something? It was something stupid like that.)
G Gundam
Gundam Wing
Kikaider
Cyborg 009
Sailor Moon
Kairi 09-15-2005 06:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
Oh God.. Witch Hunter Robin. I have never seen such a boring TV series. EVER.

It had the worst villians, too. I liked that guy who could trip people. WHOA BADASS.