FullMetal Alchemist: The Feature Movie

Nine Kuze 09-12-2005 12:51 PM
This has already been done in the Smith Mansion forums for Big O, so I'd thought I do one here has well.

If you were given a contract and a movie budget by a major movie production company to make 'FullMetal Alchemist The Movie', who would your cast be?

I don't know about the Elric brothers but I would cast their mama, Trisha Elric, as Jennifer Connelly.

If you guys have any thoughts about this, ask about me and lets get this rollin'.
Peace.
seraphjei 09-12-2005 06:10 PM
i dunno about Ed, i dont see any adult actor taking the role and seeing a child star take the part is just well...absurd. Even though when you think about it would probably BE the best choice to cast a child actor. Al would simply have to be CG, with a voice actor. Armostrong would obviously be played by...some amazingly buff person, who is very close to being bald. Mustang, im at a loss of words. The rest of the homunculi...no clue. Even Izumi...i dunno. This would be one helluva hard movie to cast for.
Sephiroth 09-12-2005 09:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
i dunno about Ed, i dont see any adult actor taking the role and seeing a child star take the part is just well...absurd. Even though when you think about it would probably BE the best choice to cast a child actor. Al would simply have to be CG, with a voice actor. Armostrong would obviously be played by...some amazingly buff person, who is very close to being bald. Mustang, im at a loss of words. The rest of the homunculi...no clue. Even Izumi...i dunno. This would be one helluva hard movie to cast for.

Agreed, finding Ed alone would be difficult. There really are no decent actors young enough to potray him. Halley Joel Osmond will not be Ed! Aside from that, I just don't think that many actors could potray the characters, as they look so different from most actors. I'd rather just stick with animation for FMA.
Nine Kuze 09-15-2005 04:41 PM
That's all true.
Casting for FullMetal Alchemist would be very difficult indeed but I was up all night and I came up with this

Roy Mustang - Ken Watanabe
Mais Hughes - Val Kilmer
Liza Hawkeye - Monica Potter
Trisha Elric - (preferably) Jennifer Connelly, (practically) Amy Adams

Check those guys out because I think that they have a pretty good resemblance to those FMA characters. And I still couldn't think of a Ed or an Al... or even a Winry.
Peace.
Gummibear 10-03-2005 05:42 PM
^.^ Weeeeee! Casting threads are fun!

Roy Mustang- (Christian Bale) There is just something about Christian that reminds me of Mustang.

Riza Hawkeye- (Keira Knightley) I think she could pull it off.

Maes Hughes- (Nathan Fillion)

That's it for now...
evanASF27 10-03-2005 05:55 PM
Michael Gross as Furher King Bradley Big Grin

(he's got the military edge Pleased )