Shadow of the Colosus

Sephiroth 09-11-2005 04:29 PM
I couldn't find a thread on this yet (which is really a shame) so I decided to make one. Shadow of the Collosus is from the team who made Ico. It focuses on the story of a brave young lad who sets out to bring a girl back to life. In order to do so, he must kill 16 legendary Colosii. These are in fact, the only enemies in the game, but fighting one is like fighting 200 smaller enemies. They are literally 500 times your size, the tower over the land shattering the earth with their strides. Having played the demo, I can safely say that this is one of the most visually stunning games ever. The world you and your horse roam around in is staggeringly beautiful and total open for your exploration. Though no enemies populate it, in order to understand the story fully you must explore it entirely. The demo only contained one Collosus but the fight was amazing. First it had to be lured out with arrows, each one completely dissapearing into its grass-like fur. Then you had to dodge its massive hammer, and crashing feet to jump and cling to its leg. From there, it was like one massive platform game up to the head. As you go up you have to stab at the creature to make it kneel or bend the way you need it to in order to jump to another area. At the head, you must jab the sword into its skull causing it to keel over. I can safely say, it was the single most impressive boss battle I have ever played. I am really looking forward to the game, has anyone else heard anything about it?

P.S.
Here is an example of the Colosusi so you can see the size I'm talking about :

088nd 09-11-2005 05:16 PM
I've actually been following this game, too, and am very excited about it. This is a big "in-your-face" to people who say no good games are released on PlayStation.
Generalissimo D 09-11-2005 05:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd
I've actually been following this game, too, and am very excited about it. This is a big "in-your-face" to people who say no good games are released on PlayStation.

No one can argue that, because almost every game is released for the PlayStation...

This might just be a reason for me to pick one up for 80 bucks.
Buck Buck #1 09-11-2005 06:42 PM
That's one of the games that I'd get if my PS2 wasn't broken.
Patsai 09-11-2005 09:50 PM
quote:

Well technically speaking the majority of the games on the Playstation 2 aren't good games because of size of its library, and most of the games do suck. XBOX and Gamecube are considered to have really good games (depending on which of the two systems you support [more]) because their library of games aren't that huge so it's easier to find better games in their respective libraries. In all respect, if you were to compare, the amount of good games for each system are actually about the same.

Anyhow, Shadow of the Colosus looks like a very very beautiful game, and the vast landscapes just awed me mind away. The smooth flow of the giant creatures' animations impressed me a lot. However, I wonder to myself how long a game that features only bosses will last.
Sephiroth 09-11-2005 10:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
quote:

Well technically speaking the majority of the games on the Playstation 2 aren't good games because of size of its library, and most of the games do suck. XBOX and Gamecube are considered to have really good games (depending on which of the two systems you support [more]) because their library of games aren't that huge so it's easier to find better games in their respective libraries. In all respect, if you were to compare, the amount of good games for each system are actually about the same.

Anyhow, Shadow of the Colosus looks like a very very beautiful game, and the vast landscapes just awed me mind away. The smooth flow of the giant creatures' animations impressed me a lot. However, I wonder to myself how long a game that features only bosses will last.

The review in the Official PLaystation Magazine said that it takes about 25 hours, that is if you explore the actual world which the creatures inhabit. If not, it may be significantly shorter.
Ace of Spades 09-12-2005 12:36 AM
I'll admit this game is surely without a doubt going to be one Kick Ass game.
Kairi 10-20-2005 09:26 PM
Bought it today. Goddamn amazing.
David Ryder 10-21-2005 07:53 AM
I really want to play this game as I have been following it since I first saw it. amazing visuals, and the epic battles....need I say more?
Nine Kuze 10-21-2005 08:52 AM
As you guys say, it sounds pretty amazing and visually awe-inspiring. But since I'm trying to get my Anime Awards to get going even further, would go guys nominate this for the Best Video Game category?

And if so, please do so at the AAA's. Thanks.

Peace.
spiked-knives 10-21-2005 03:04 PM
well thanks for putting this up, now im even more excited to play this game. i can only imagine the fun u had playing. damn i can not wait!