| DorothyFan1 |
09-10-2005 01:19 AM |
I just watched Act 26 again tonight…and something occurred to me. It’s a shocking thought about Angel and Dorothy. Think to after the Reset occurs after Big O “walks” into Big Venus. Now, let’s assume everybody’s assumption is correct…that Angel is the “Director” of Paradigm City. It stands to reason that Angel didn’t have to “play act” her way throughout the entire simulation. Correct? Because if Angel needed to “play act” her way through the simulation…as if she was as clueless as the rest of Paradigm’s citizens…why did she act the way she did? Simple…because the memories that Roger Smith “sees” about Angel Rosewater were FALSE. They couldn’t have been Angel’s. Remember Gordon Rosewater’s comments about Angel…that she was ONLY a Memory.
Now let’s follow this train of thought. If Gordon Rosewater is correct about Angel…then she WASN’T the Director of Paradigm City. If that’s the case…then WHO was the Director of Paradigm City? Here’s a fascinating clue…we see Angel “constructing” Dorothy. Now, remember…Angel is JUST a memory, right? Then if she’s just a memory…what is the Memory doing by creating Dorothy for? Another thunderbolt out of the blue occurs to me…it’s not Angel’s recollections we’re witnessing...it’s Dorothy’s memories we’re seeing!! I’m almost positive that Angel’s name is an anagram for Dorothy Waynewright. I can’t prove it but it’s a strong hunch that I have. The Director is Dorothy. It’s the strongest theory I can think of that allows us to understand how Dorothy could function without her Memory. It’s because she doesn’t need it. She herself is the “Director” of Paradigm City.
Still don’t believe it? Try this. Ask yourself how did Dorothy and Roger find the Control Room where Angel is seen crying throughout the Reset? It’s impossible for them to do this UNLESS someone knew exactly where the Control Room was. It’s doubtful Roger Smith knew the exact coordinates because he’s never been there before. BUT…Dorothy knew and she had the coordinates. And for the final mystery…how did Dorothy and Roger appear at the Control Room at the same time that Big O is walking into Big Venus? Someone posted that Angel was “hallucinating” this entire scenario. Highly doubtful…and even if you believe THAT…ask yourself why would Angel go so far as to recreate Dorothy ALONGSIDE Roger Smith during her hallucination?! It doesn’t make sense…so this could only mean one thing…Angel is NOT hallucinating when Roger Smith appears alongside with Dorothy.
Now for the last curiosity of Act 26. Why is Dorothy and Angel seen ALONGSIDE each other on the street corner after the Reset? The producers could have easily shown each character doing something different briefly during that quick scene…but they chose to show them TOGETHER. Yet another clue…Dorothy and Angel are BOTH co-Directors of Paradigm City. They watch each others’s backs during the simulation of Paradigm City.
So there we have it. The mystery of who is the Director of Paradigm City has finally been cracked. At least I think so. Cheers.
| Zopwx2 |
09-10-2005 01:24 AM |
Interesting.
But how does a memory showing angel constructing dorothy make it ... dorothy's memory. I didn't quite follow that.
And in what possible way is "Angel" and anagram for Dorothy Wayneright.
And the fact that there even was a control room is puzzling enough let alone who found it.
| evanASF27 |
09-10-2005 01:37 AM |
There was a 93% chance that Angel was the "Director" (of whom Gordon Rosewater was speaking of) by the end of Act26. Angel was in the control actually sitting down at the desk viewing the moniters AND there was "METROPOLIS" on the panel in front of her with "Angel Rosewater" on it.
Although I personally disagree with Angel being Big Venus' pilot (a discussion for later

)...I am really positive that Angel was the Director. She didn't make Dorothy, from what can be interpretted from the flashback scenes, Angel drew up the designs for a Dorothy
character for a TV show (note the Big O poster in the Control Room).
| Tifaria |
09-10-2005 09:03 AM |
| quote: |
| Angel’s name is an anagram for Dorothy Waynewright |
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
There's no way that "Angel Rosewater" can possibly be an anagram for "Dorothy Wayneright". However, I do think it's rather interesting that if you happen to have the Big-O artbook and check out the character designs, the early drafts of Dorothy look exactly like Angel.
I'm not sure if I follow how the memories are Dorothy's. I wonder if the reason Dorothy and Roger found the control room is because Dorothy was connected to Big-O, and Big-O "told" her where it was, not because she had memories of it.
To me, Gordon's bit about Angel being "only" a memory mean that she IS Big Venus. Keep in mind the whole "a bird whose wings have been plucked" bit. Angel was Big Venus, was turned into a human being, and will eventually "turn back into the beast [she] was before [she] evolved into a bird". I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me on that one, though.
Anyway, you've said some interesting things, but I have to politely disagree with you overall.
| Mattartist |
09-10-2005 11:20 AM |

Man, this is some discussion, mind if I contribute?
First off, complete genius! DorothyFan1, you boggled me. Dorothy was transmitting the memories of the four resets (its crazy, I know) into Roger, kind of in an odd (and very unorthadox) way of getting Roger to snap out of it. Second, I pretty much agree with your statement on the fact of if Dorothy WAS the director, then it would make more plausable sense (for a big robot, amnesia striken city adventure, that is

) for her to operate. Also, Angel goes to the control room via the Basement 666 (don't say that number in a dark alley

).
Just a few things to ponder about, I'm going to the bathroom.
Ooh, maybe not...
| Xylem |
09-11-2005 05:37 PM |
I believe she was the director.
Dorthy=director
Angel=writer(hench the name on the book)
Rodger=lead actor(has memories of robot rodger smiths)
Gordon(not the real gordon but the simulation dorthy made of him)=original writer(Its his metropolis story Angels is based hers off of. In his there was a "megadeuce war" in which Rodger destroys a leviathan and a hydra(edisode:hydra) and gets killed by Big Venus's mouth blast.Gordon the Simulation made rodger smiths robots to pilot bigs. Rodger Smith of Angels story is a normal orphan that was impanted with memories from the rodger smith that died shown in act 26. )
Michael seebach= a "end of the world" reporter in the real world as told by the paradigm shift article in act 14 (In angel's metropolis he becomes schwarzwald which was never a living being to start off with)
Alex rosewater=became what his dad was when he destroyed NYC to make Paradigm City also has memories from robot rodger smiths. Gordon realized his mistakes but Alex was just repeating them)
| Mattartist |
09-11-2005 06:58 PM |
(Starts jumping up and down excitidly)
Great Scott tissue, he's got it!
Xylem, thats a great run-through incorperating the stuff shown in the series, good on ya mate!
It makes such sense that there was TWO written stories of Paradigm, the first of Gordons, and then Angel rips offa his...
Still, the series really should show a bit more in the likeness of fillers and fillings to the episodes. There are many ways to create a mysterious enviornment whilst including VITAL INFORMATION instead of making the viewer waste his life on studying folklore and religion mixed with the writer's own cooky ideas! (breathes heavily, looks at fellow members) Erm, yeah...(cough) Anyway, sorry fer ranting, it's kinda what I do...
Yes, I am embarrassed.
| Xylem |
09-12-2005 08:31 AM |
I think gordons story(her father in real life) has a sad ending(with roger dying and Venus destroying the world) and she wrote a sequal with a happy ending.
I think Angel admired the rodger smith character that her father's work and wanted too see rodger for real.(flash back on Act 26 with her as a kid watching The Big O TV show)
The reason why she crys at the end of act26 is because she got to act with her favorite childhood actor and remade her favorite story.
| Xylem |
09-14-2005 09:02 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Mattartist
(Starts jumping up and down excitidly)
Great Scott tissue, he's got it!
Xylem, thats a great run-through incorperating the stuff shown in the series, good on ya mate!
It makes such sense that there was TWO written stories of Paradigm, the first of Gordons, and then Angel rips offa his...
Still, the series really should show a bit more in the likeness of fillers and fillings to the episodes. There are many ways to create a mysterious enviornment whilst including VITAL INFORMATION instead of making the viewer waste his life on studying folklore and religion mixed with the writer's own cooky ideas! (breathes heavily, looks at fellow members) Erm, yeah...(cough) Anyway, sorry fer ranting, it's kinda what I do...
Yes, I am embarrassed. |
most people just like to explain away clues as symbolic or hallucinations.
| Mattartist |
09-14-2005 09:20 PM |

Thats the easy way out. Plain and simple. People who do that are LAZY! And to stress that, I present my special guest to the thread, SCHWARTZWALD! YAY! Give em a big round of applause, he's a mummy!!! (Schwartzwald glares into my skull)
Schwartzwald: Yes, thank you for bringing that up (simpleton...).
Mattartist:
Schwartzwald: Now then, you must think. I know I have before told you this, but now more than ever. Something is truly at work in Paradigm, and the great false sky overviewing all... But my statement is this: YOU are the director of Paradigm! You, the viewer of this transmittion and of the latent televison series called respectfully "The Big O"! You make the decisions as to whether we continue life and ultimately come to our own, unique truths! So please, as a plee for life, FIGHT FOR A SEASON THREE! MEMORIES!
Mattartist: You okay?
Schwartzwald: (breathing hard) I'm alright, rap it up!
Mattartist: Well, I guess thats all the time we have, see ya!
Erm, nevermind...
| Spacehog |
09-26-2005 12:04 PM |
Ehh... I don't like it. I kind of view the director of Paradigm to be possibly evil. Dorothy is good, so I don't like the connection. That's just what my gut tells me though.
| spiked-knives |
09-30-2005 04:05 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
Still don’t believe it? Try this. Ask yourself how did Dorothy and Roger find the Control Room where Angel is seen crying throughout the Reset? It’s impossible for them to do this UNLESS someone knew exactly where the Control Room was. It’s doubtful Roger Smith knew the exact coordinates because he’s never been there before. BUT…Dorothy knew and she had the coordinates. And for the final mystery…how did Dorothy and Roger appear at the Control Room at the same time that Big O is walking into Big Venus? Someone posted that Angel was “hallucinating” this entire scenario. Highly doubtful…and even if you believe THAT…ask yourself why would Angel go so far as to recreate Dorothy ALONGSIDE Roger Smith during her hallucination?! It doesn’t make sense…so this could only mean one thing…Angel is NOT hallucinating when Roger Smith appears alongside with Dorothy.
Now for the last curiosity of Act 26. Why is Dorothy and Angel seen ALONGSIDE each other on the street corner after the Reset? The producers could have easily shown each character doing something different briefly during that quick scene…but they chose to show them TOGETHER. Yet another clue…Dorothy and Angel are BOTH co-Directors of Paradigm City. They watch each others’s backs during the simulation of Paradigm City.
So there we have it. The mystery of who is the Director of Paradigm City has finally been cracked. At least I think so. Cheers. |
hmmm quite interesting. but were they actually at a control room? i had heard that roger and dorthy being in the control room with her, was more or less another perception of the final negotiation. like at the end where roger is out trying to talk to angel while outside the big o, i figured that him being in the control room with her was just another way of explaining what was going on. i mean how could roger be in the control room and on big o negotiating at the same time?
but as for dorthy actually being the dircter that seems doubtful. though u had some good reasons to back it up. i mean u saw angel behind the camera and at teh control booth, not dorthy. it was angel who had all the memories and had the choice. it seems more logical that she would be the directer. not to mention her name was on the book of metropolis.
i
| Mattartist |
10-01-2005 08:09 AM |
Urgh, can't they just tell a story properly instead of throwin' all this hoopla(

I like the word hoopla) in to just make you want to scratch your head for thousands of hours?
Personally, I think that because Roger negotiated "properly" with Angel (Big Venus), she reversed time just enough to save most of the people in the city from the "Big Fight" (Fau and O). Also, I give mucho grande props to A Clockwork Tomato, for summing pretty much everything that was to ensue after what mayhem was in Act 26. Angel, Roger and Dorothy discuss that Angel kills Alex Rosewater and Vera Rondsted cause, well, they're bad.
But thats just my thoughts on the subject.
Okey-dokey, me done ranting.
| Lost_Cyborg |
12-22-2005 02:25 PM |
| quote: |
| , I do think it's rather interesting that if you happen to have the Big-O artbook and check out the character designs, the early drafts of Dorothy look exactly like Angel. |
You saying that makes me wonder... Was Angel in the origional idea? Or did someone like the design but not as Dorothy? After all, there are points in Big O where Angel doesn't see to fit in.