:: Clarity Of Act 26 ::
| spiked-knives |
10-19-2005 05:51 PM |
yet still, he has the tomatoe barcode in his eye. so i really do not think that he is an android, at least not the roger smith we see throughout the series. i think the whole android roger thing was just supposed to be a symbollic representation of the fact that their have been multiple rogers, and that there just a lot of them, as apposed to him actually being an android. so still im just going to go on believing that roger is a tomatoe, sense we did see the barcode several times throughout the series.
| Xylem |
10-20-2005 08:49 AM |
rodger is a tomatoe(human) with memories from Rodger Driod cyborgs(dominuces of Bigs).Rodger is scared of what he was (an andriod/a tomatoe)so he just doesn't want to remember.(remember the episode with with the sea titan didn't seem he cared about the memories if not wanting to destroy them)
angel = writer/actor(different entities same person)
Dorthy = director = matrix-like simulation software engineer (she made the thing)
rodger Smith(the REAL one the one who is playing the role of rodger smith)=lead actor
Alex = clone of his father and has RD(Rodger Droid) memories as well.
On Episode 26 the flash back was from Angel(the REAL memorie) about what happened 40 years ago.
The Rodger Driods were the perfect cyborg pilot for Bigs. And the Union (most likely the European union) attacks them with thier own megadeuces.
Rodger was to the pilots of the Bigs. But Big Venus destroys(and most of the Bigs and megadei) the city(notice why he never trusts angel even though he likes her.) and rodger plummets to his death and drowns.
Rodger Smith = tomatoe of Rodger Smith Dominuce Cyborg
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-21-2005 07:31 AM |
| quote: |
| angel = writer/actor(different entities same person) |
Playwright? *ponders*
| Nine Kuze |
10-21-2005 12:31 PM |
Um, that's rather interesting because at the end of Act 26, you do see Angel with the book of Metropolis, with her name on it, and her overlooking the scenes of what is actually Paradigm City. According to the flashback of memories that Roger sees in Act 26, Angel Rosewater (that still bothers me!) is quite evidently the screenwriter or playwriter and director of Paradigm City.
To me, the vision of seeing the many androids being modeled after 'a' Roger Smith is to show that he has the same role as negoitator in every version of Paradigm. As others have their roles changed, Roger Smith is the Negoitator.
Peace.
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-21-2005 01:45 PM |
Love, a compulsive, obsesive emotion.
| Nine Kuze |
10-24-2005 02:00 PM |
This may seem like a weird question but...
What do you think the giantic gears underwater and under Paradigm City do? I think that were left there from a previous Paradigm City or that they are an indicator that show that Paradigm City is in fact a fake city with fake memories. But those are just crude guesses I'm tossin' around. What do you think the gears are for?
Peace.
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-24-2005 03:52 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Paradigm City Hustla
This may seem like a weird question but...
What do you think the giantic gears underwater and under Paradigm City do? I think that were left there from a previous Paradigm City or that they are an indicator that show that Paradigm City is in fact a fake city with fake memories. But those are just crude guesses I'm tossin' around. What do you think the gears are for?
Peace. |
I'm not sure. Some people think it's the remains of a giant megadeus.
Perhaps it's the personification of 'the mechanics of the city' showing what is in reality a term or saying to do with how people make a city work, and a city; or rather the power stations, police force ECT... Can only work with memories. Using Fahrenheit 451* as a possible example:
Before event: Firemen (or to be picky; fire people): Put out fires.
After event: Firemen: Start fires; forget what firemen USED to do.
Admittedly, in Fahrenheit 451 the people didn't lose their memories directly, they lost books, and eventually lost their histories. But it's the same theory.
The gears represent the mechanics of the city, meaning the power stations ECT... Without memories/ knowledge those things can't work and the city, brakes down; thus the broken gears.
-------------------------------------------------------
^^; Considering I just though of that out of the top of my head I'm amazed and convinced...
-------------------------------------------------------
*I've never read the book but I have seen the film a couple of times.
| A Clockwork Tomato |
10-24-2005 07:29 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Paradigm City Hustla
This may seem like a weird question but...
What do you think the giantic gears underwater and under Paradigm City do? I think that were left there from a previous Paradigm City or that they are an indicator that show that Paradigm City is in fact a fake city with fake memories. But those are just crude guesses I'm tossin' around. What do you think the gears are for?
Peace. |
I don't think that it follows that big, abandoned, broken things mean that the city is fake. I mean, the city could have everything shiny and new and still be fake.
I don't really know what it means, but the show keeps giving us hints that the world is not really being controlled properly. Most of the time, no one seems to remember how it's supposed to work, and there's a lot of abandoned, anomalous stuff that no one knows about and no one is controlling or maintaining.
| Xylem |
10-25-2005 01:17 PM |
nahhh not symbolism but intentionally left overt plot holes passing off as "mysteries".
The gears: They are either 2 things...1)remains from a clock tower or factory
2)left over junk(left over,damaged or part of a Megadeuce manufactuturing facility/maintenence hanger ) from after the "Megaduece War"(even though it way NYC they still had good enough technology to create Bigs and megadeuces)there are lots of left over megadeuce related facilities. Take the prototype. It was found in a underground testing ground(my take on it) or Big Duo found in a left over hanger or Big O being in the mansion underground maintentence facility.
the andriods in the memories from angel were dominuses to Bigs.
I think think Rodger is a direct tomato of a Rodger droid...anyways..
Gordon was trying to recreate and replicate memories from scratch by impanting memory fragments (microchips) from rodger smith andriods into clones so they can remember left over memories from thier original.By replicating them enough over time one or two of them will remember something.
| Nine Kuze |
10-25-2005 06:07 PM |
My bad, I didn't really mean fake. Thanks for settin' me straight, A.C.T. Anyway, I've always been thinking the term fake because that's what I assumed Schwartzwold was going to say before he crashed into the superdome's skylights.
[What the hell was he going to say anyway?!?!?!?!?!?!?!]
I think the gears are left over from another version of Paradigm City but its still interesting to think of what they actually did and what they were used for before people lost their memories and forgot how to use it. I think the 'megaduse building plant' that you made Xylem is pretty unique and interesting to think about.
Peace.
| Mattartist |
10-26-2005 05:34 AM |
Its clear (well to me) that Schwartzwald was about to say:
"....This is a comedy! That which I was searching for, the TRUE memories! THEY WERE -- "
Outside of Paradigm City....
I mean, how could a fake city have any REAL memories, and like I always say, its only one big show, and the actors, well, their being held from their free will. Dude, the director and creative staff of the show are meddling with everybody's minds down there, and it needs to stop!
At least thats how I see it...
Dude, the gears are to keep the city "working" properly...
Just grease twice each reset...
Tootles
| Xylem |
10-26-2005 06:22 AM |
the two truths that schwarzwald was talking about was...
*the truth that paradigm city was a stage and is a simulation.
*the truth that there are no real memories but microchip recordings thought to be memories.
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-26-2005 10:36 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Mattartist
Its clear (well to me) that Schwartzwald was about to say:
"....This is a comedy! That which I was searching for, the TRUE memories! THEY WERE -- "
Outside of Paradigm City....
I mean, how could a fake city have any REAL memories, and like I always say, its only one big show, and the actors, well, their being held from their free will. Dude, the director and creative staff of the show are meddling with everybody's minds down there, and it needs to stop!
At least thats how I see it...
Dude, the gears are to keep the city "working" properly...
Just grease twice each reset...
Tootles
|
I'd never really been able to figure out what he was going to say, but that makes sence.
| Nine Kuze |
10-26-2005 12:20 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Xylem
the two truths that schwarzwald was talking about was...
*the truth that paradigm city was a stage and is a simulation.
*the truth that there are no real memories but microchip recordings thought to be memories. |
Damn, that's good and it makes sense as well. Thanks, Xylem. You too, Mattartist, including the bit about greasing the gears for each reset. So the the light we saw was just a divertion for Angel to grease the gears. Brilliant!
Peace.
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-26-2005 02:00 PM |
You know I sometimes wonder if anyone pays any attention to me...
| Xylem |
10-26-2005 02:36 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Lost_Cyborg
| quote: |
Originally posted by Mattartist
Its clear (well to me) that Schwartzwald was about to say:
"....This is a comedy! That which I was searching for, the TRUE memories! THEY WERE -- "
Outside of Paradigm City....
I mean, how could a fake city have any REAL memories, and like I always say, its only one big show, and the actors, well, their being held from their free will. Dude, the director and creative staff of the show are meddling with everybody's minds down there, and it needs to stop!
At least thats how I see it...
Dude, the gears are to keep the city "working" properly...
Just grease twice each reset...
Tootles
|
I'd never really been able to figure out what he was going to say, but that makes sence. |
....here
| Ollen70 |
10-26-2005 06:50 PM |
You know, I've always been a little confused by the basement 666 thing. Yes, I know it's very symbolic, and it cements angel's "fallen" status (personally, I think the reason the last simulation fell apart and paradigm was destroyed was due to the fact that angel, the director, somehow fell from grace.) It just seems when you're watching it the elevator keeps going for quite some time after the 666 is shown. The numbers were scrolling pretty fast. I know they wouldn't have shown that clip without a reason, but it just doesn't really look like that's where the elevator stops. That's just something random I noticed when I watched through the series.
As far as why the gears are there, I have no idea. My hypothesis has always been that Paradigm city the simulation is based very closely on Paradigm city the real place, mainly because of Alex's comments in the Hydra episode. He mentions that Paradigm became the "last stage on which mankind could preserve it's civilazation" Therefore, I've always kind of thought that the world experienced some kind of melt-down, probably involving megadei and other things like what exists in the simulation, and that people are kept here sort of as a way to prepare their minds for when the outside world is habitable again. I don't have a great deal of evidence to back it up - it's really just an idea.
| Wreck-Gar |
10-26-2005 10:28 PM |
I always connected the gears to the underground factories of the original "Metropolis" especially since the show goes out of its way to referance with the book. Perhaps a similar incident happened in the Big O universe with its own sentient androids?
Whatever it is I always took it as a "Metropolis" referance though like everyone else I'm not completely satisfied with any one answer on this topic.
| The_Original_Roger_Smith |
11-03-2005 11:22 PM |
Greetings, this my first post so if my form is a little off, please do forgive.
The biggest question I have for all of you is: Did you see the Big O poster in the background of the control room scene of Act 26?
If not look for it. It explains almost everything by it's existence alone. I have come to several conclusions. But I pose them as questions. Who is real and who is not? And of those who are real; who is human? What is Paradigm City? Another definition for paradigm is "simulation". (next, my favorite question) Who do you think that Roger is really in love with?
Consider this bait. I believe that I might be on to something, but I'm fishing to find out if I will be branded a loon
Oh and by the way that avatar is me at AFO 6.
| Wreck-Gar |
11-04-2005 08:29 AM |
Yes, the poster is very infamous and supports the "Truman Show" theory where it's all just a reality show with none of the people in it aware of that, but the question is: was the scene with Angel in the editting room real or just symbollic? Was it just another way of reflecting the Negotiations between Roger and Angel as "the director" just like Roger was trying to reason with Big Venus or was it the true reality of Paradigm?
Friggin' episode 26.