:: Clarity Of Act 26 ::
| Mattartist |
10-08-2005 08:49 AM |
My only solution that I can think of is that Gordon Rosewater is lying. Maybe he BELIEVES that he's telling the truth, he's a nice guy and most likely wouldn't lie on purpose, but his whole speach in Act 25 (The War of Paradigm City) always felt falsified for me.
Also, yes you are ABSOLUTELY right about Roscoe and Big Ear. They MUST'VE been pre-event androids. And that whole thing about not knowing about foreign people, well, theres a fine example of a show that contradicts itself. WOOPY!
Later.

(jumps out of the nearest window and lands on a trampoline)
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-08-2005 09:03 AM |
This is kinda random, but this is the only thread I can find to mention this....
What/where is adult swim? Is it on Sky, cable or what!? Is it a channel or a thing on a channel which puts on shows!? Is it only westen hemisphere! Please help me!
| Mattartist |
10-08-2005 09:13 AM |
Well, I'LL HELP YA! (Superman theme playing)
Now then, you're wondering about what Adult Swim is? It is a block of "adult" shows like Futurama and Family Guy, as well as fan favs Cowboy Bebop and Witch Hunter Robin. It is on Cartoon Network at night, but I don't know which hemisphere of Earth you live upon, otherwise I'd tell you the times and all. BIg O, unfortunately, had been removed from their show list (at least here in Ohio it is). But, thats why DVDs were made! Hazzah
Does that answer your question, cause if not I can do the "Crazy Dance", that solves everything. In fact, I'll do it right now!
(starts dancing, then jumps out of the nearest window)
Weee! Later, dudes!
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-08-2005 09:26 AM |
Thanks.
If it's any help in answering my question I'm in England, and I've heard alot of people mention Cartoon Network, but I've looked and I'm wondering if it's different to the one I've got...
What is the channel No#? The CN I've got is 601, or 621 for Toonami.
| spiked-knives |
10-08-2005 09:44 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Lost_Cyborg
Thanks.
If it's any help in answering my question I'm in England, and I've heard alot of people mention Cartoon Network, but I've looked and I'm wondering if it's different to the one I've got...
What is the channel No#? The CN I've got is 601, or 621 for Toonami. |
wow toonami there has its own channel? thats pretty darn bitchen. i hear if u have sattelite that Adult Swim has its own channel, but im not a 100% on that. and sense u and mattarist live so far apart i doubt u guys would have the same channel numbers (lives in ohio as well) .
just out of curiousity how did u come across this site?
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-08-2005 09:59 AM |
I did some Big O hunting on the internet and stumbled upon it.
| subarug |
10-08-2005 09:07 PM |
This isnt related specificly to Act 26 but makes me wonder a bit about Dorothy being able to operate without her core memories...
What about R.Instro? I never noticed the first time thru but it looks like Amadeus had a son... who played the piano and then for whatever reason maybe 40 years ago he had his memories implanted in R.Instro much like Dorothy's into R.Dorothys....Instro I dont think was aware his memories were from Amadeus son, so in the event his memory was removed could a tramtic experiance make him aware of his OWN existance not just as a ghost in a machine?
Has anyone delved into this before? The transfering of memories from humans into androids? I mean with Android like Big Ear how many are truly androids with a deceased humans memories?
AHHHHHHHHH IT HURTS SO MUCH!
| Mattartist |
10-09-2005 08:01 AM |
(nudge) GHOST IN THE SHELL (nudge)
Yes, it does hurt. Like an itch that won't go away, and it starts to bleed and theres no ointment in the house or any Kleenex...
Ahem, got a little carried away up there! Erm, but yeah. There was something Roscoe Fitzgerald said (Act 15: Negotiaton with the Dead):
"Memories are eternal. Or is that just a fantasy androids should indulge in, Mr. Smith...?"
I believe that forty years ago, humans who either had irreversable diseases or just foolish nutjobs that WANTED to be an android could have their mind implanted into an android "clone" of yourself, like a snake who gets out of his skin, and behind it a new skin, only in this discussion that the new skin is titanium, or is it TERILIUM CARBONIC ALLOY? I love Toy Story.
Also, this maybe a speculation, but perhaps Big Ear had an irreversable EAR INFECTION?

Just throwin' it out there...
| anjuta |
10-09-2005 10:42 PM |
| quote: |
Except that in this scene the book is by Angel Rosewater.
Did she marry Roger, who for some reason changed his name to Rosewater? Did she marry Alex?! Or even worse, did she marry Gordon?
Or is it implying that she is the puppet master that made Gordon dream up the book? |
Angel Rosewater is Gordon Rosewater's daughter. Vera says so in the Ep. 26, in the scene where Vera, Angel, and Gordon are on a stage decorated as a room Angel has flashbacks of growing up in.
| quote: |
| i hear if u have sattelite that Adult Swim has its own channel, but im not a 100% on that. |
I have Dish Network and other satellites (3 dishes altogether) which comes to about 6,000 channels, but no, AS does not have its own channel.

Which they should. But our dreams don't matter to guys in suits, lol. The good thing about the satellite is that you can search for any show you want and it'll tell you at exactly what time it will come on and what channel for a whole week ahead, so that you don't miss any episodes of your fave shows. It gives you an option to set a timer to record right then and there.
| Mattartist |
10-10-2005 06:17 AM |
(cough) Act 25, dear. War of Paradigm City, that was when Vera, Angel, Gordon and Roger discussed the screwed up stuff on the stage of Angel's birth.

Sorry, I just like correcting stuff...
Yes, I DO have no life to speak of.
Also, I have a question.
ANYONE ACROSS THE WORLD, IS BIG O PLAYING ON ANY TELEVISION SCREEN ANYWHERE?!?!

I mean, thats just downright sadining....
Later
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-10-2005 07:29 AM |
| quote: |
| believe that forty years ago, humans who either had irreversable diseases or just foolish nutjobs that WANTED to be an android could have their mind implanted into an android "clone" of yourself |
I'd love to be able to have my mind implanted into a cybernetic body! Why does it only have to be nut jobs!?
| anjuta |
10-10-2005 01:32 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Mattartist
(cough) Act 25, dear. War of Paradigm City, that was when Vera, Angel, Gordon and Roger discussed the screwed up stuff on the stage of Angel's birth.
Sorry, I just like correcting stuff... |
I'M SORRY!!!! Just rub it in, won't ya! I haven't seen Big O in about 3-4 months! *sniff* And I'm paying for my own college tuition, so I'm way too broke to get the DVDs. Excuse me. *runs out of the room, wailing*
| Mattartist |
10-10-2005 09:26 PM |
Anjuta said:
I'M SORRY!!!! Just rub it in, won't ya! I haven't seen Big O in about 3-4 months! *sniff* And I'm paying for my own college tuition, so I'm way too broke to get the DVDs. Excuse me. *runs out of the room, wailing*
--------
Oh.

I'm sorry, I give you hug.
You okay now? (no, really I'm serious!)
I'm normally not akin to making people cry... sorry
Oh, and by the way, why WOULD you wanna put yer brain in a machine, just like that? Answer me that!
LATERS!
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-11-2005 03:22 AM |
I like robotics*... Plus It would be cool, for a while, I'd get used to it, I always do, but come on! Look at the up sides!
*Not that I really know all that much about it.
| Nine Kuze |
10-11-2005 02:27 PM |
I was just thinking; we know that Angel is the Director and the Writer of Paradigm City but who do you think the "PRODUCER" is? Who's bank rolling this... whatever you want to call Paradigm? Is it Angel as well and think about it, between all the megaduces battles that takes place, producing Paradigm City would cost a pretty penny.
Peace.
| anjuta |
10-11-2005 02:43 PM |
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-11-2005 03:14 PM |
Listen, I know almost all, if not all, Big O Truth seeking freaks and fans have proberly done this; but out of a bout of bordum I took a theasarus and diction ary and looked up Paradigm, again, in the theasarus it said prototype was another word and in the dictionary model and something else... Patten! Or example!
ANd I've come to a conclution; Paradigm City = Data, statistics, do humans choose the samething every time? Is our future definate? Can we change our desinys? Do we HAVE destinys? Possibly even the meaning of life! ('sept everyone knows it's 42).
------------
| quote: |
I've heard Big O was coming back on air in late November. I haven't seen it in so long I'm having brain glitches and confusing episodes.
|
REally! *prays it'll be back on Toonami....* I was on their website a while back, and they still counted it as one of their shows (they are part of cartoon network) but I'm not sure if they have changed that...
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-15-2005 01:08 PM |
| quote: |
| I was just thinking; we know that Angel is the Director and the Writer of Paradigm City but who do you think the "PRODUCER" is? Who's bank rolling this... whatever you want to call Paradigm? Is it Angel as well and think about it, between all the megaduces battles that takes place, producing Paradigm City would cost a pretty penny. |
Yeah, listen, I looked Paradigm up in the thesaurus (sp?) and dictionary and have come to the conclusion that Paradigm city is just about statistics, perhaps a group of scientists and a lot of money wanted to find out if humanity always made the same choices, thus Paradigm resetting, but then the money /time/ interest ran out and Paradigm was just left to run (like a computer program... Maybe that is what it is... It would explain the grids) and that's why it seems to be going wrong, and memorys being returned to some people.
| Nine Kuze |
10-19-2005 12:50 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Lost_Cyborg
| quote: |
| I was just thinking; we know that Angel is the Director and the Writer of Paradigm City but who do you think the "PRODUCER" is? Who's bank rolling this... whatever you want to call Paradigm? Is it Angel as well and think about it, between all the megaduces battles that takes place, producing Paradigm City would cost a pretty penny. |
Yeah, listen, I looked Paradigm up in the thesaurus (sp?) and dictionary and have come to the conclusion that Paradigm city is just about statistics, perhaps a group of scientists and a lot of money wanted to find out if humanity always made the same choices, thus Paradigm resetting, but then the money /time/ interest ran out and Paradigm was just left to run (like a computer program... Maybe that is what it is... It would explain the grids) and that's why it seems to be going wrong, and memorys being returned to some people. |
That's pretty damn close to what it looks like to be the true nature of what Paradigm City actually is. Good work with the grid and memory description too.
I was reading an old thread a couple of days ago and it was talking about the "angel" in the episode, Day of the Advent (I think). I always thought the the angel was actually a piece of a satelite left behind in space by people in the earlier version of Paradigm. It made sense at the time but what was said in that earlier thread was that the angel could have actually been a part of the superdome's sky lights. This seemed reasonable at first but then it wouldn't because if it was from the superdome itself, then why it it descent to Paradigm City at an angle? In episode 25, the giant lightbulbs in the city striaght down, not at an angle like the angel did. So if anybody has some thoughts about that, please post them.
Also, I was watching the last part of Act 26 and I was listening to Roger's speech. True it didn't make any sense, mostly when he said he erased his own memories to live in the present and to live the future, but I truly don't believe dude was lying when he said as many of you spectulate that he is. Also, what gives you guys the impression that Roger Smith is an android? I can't get around that topic myself as I thought that it was undisputable that Smith is indeed a tomato, er... a human. I mean, there are times that Dorothy acts more human then Roger does, but still. Can someone clear this up for me?
Peace.
| Lost_Cyborg |
10-19-2005 03:22 PM |
Hay, thanks. I think alot of people belive Roger is an android is because in act 25/26 (I forget which one) he has a 'flashback' of a load of androids that look like him, admitedly this doesn't prove he is an android but it certainly convinced alot of people, including my dad, not that he watches Big O very often.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Add on to earlier theory; I'm also now wondering about when Roger said he'd chosen to forget, if Paradigm was origionaly a 'program' (place ECT...) where people could restart their lives. But then the 'program' was shutdown and the people in Paradigm forgoten about, but thet doesn't really explain the re-sets... Any thoughts on the theory.