[Other] Dedicate fanart to hurricane victims idea

evanASF27 09-02-2005 08:15 PM
Well...I dunno if this is really the right place to post about it...but I might as well give it a shot.

This probably might not get the attention the idea needs, but I was thinking it might be nice to have some art dedicated to those suffering down south from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. Possibly some drawings of megadeuses wading through the water helping rescue stranded people on rooftop, Big Duo dropping supplies from the air...something like that. Just some art that would be dedicated to those who lost love ones and those still trying to survive in the areas hardest hit by Katrina.

I dunno...maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is a cool/good idea. I would draw a picture, but I don't think my skills are good enough. Perhaps others have the time to draw something for the cause...

Pen or Krang...if you want to close this thread you can ^^;; I just thought it might be a good idea for other artists to consider the idea.
harshfire 09-03-2005 01:36 PM
I think it sounds like a great idea! I'll try and do something, okay? But I don't know when I'll be able to scan it though...T_T
Others should consider this.

Later days:
Rev
Mattartist 09-04-2005 11:12 AM
Shocked Wow. I think my heart just stopped. TOTALLY we SHOULD! I saw this post actually last night, so today I started sketches for one or two pictures! Hope I can scan mine too...

I thought of a small scene in where Big O was in the background, knee deep in water, with 5 or 6 people in his hands, scooping them off of a tall wooden house's roof. Dorothy and Norman are in the front of the page, with Dorothy kneeling, watching a mother feed her baby water from a water bottle.

DOROTHY: Why does God allow such things to occur, Norman?

Norman stands there, behind Dorothy, and has a concerned look on his face, as if he was to ask the same thing.

NORMAN: I --

Thats my idea for the picture I'm drawing. To ALL ASPIRING FAN ARTISTS OF BIG O, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE!

Yay! Big Grin
Tickle Tickle 09-04-2005 07:56 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this in'st such a great idea? Megadeuses are built for destruction, and cause alot of destruction in the series. Even Big O has blasted down buildings.

Sorry if I'm being a stick in the mudd, but it just seems inappropriate. It's like drawing a picture of Spawn getting donation for a church. It just don'st work.
evanASF27 09-04-2005 08:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
Am I the only one who thinks this in'st such a great idea? Megadeuses are built for destruction, and cause alot of destruction in the series. Even Big O has blasted down buildings.

Sorry if I'm being a stick in the mudd, but it just seems inappropriate. It's like drawing a picture of Spawn getting donation for a church. It just don'st work.

Well I guess in a sense that's right...they are machines of war. But Big O certain can save people...

It's fanart! THere's poetic license involved Tongue heh Include Big Zenigata and Big Lupin if ya want...it shows others that we [as a Big O fanbase] care Smile ...i think O_o
Generalissimo D 09-04-2005 08:01 PM
quote:

Big O isnt from hell though. And protected alot more than it destroyed. Its the savior of paradigm.

Roll Eyes

Sounds like a good idea
Tickle Tickle 09-04-2005 08:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
Big O isnt from hell though. And protected alot more than it destroyed. Its the savior of paradigm.

Roll Eyes

Sounds like a good idea

I knew it. I knew using Spawn has an example would be bad. Big O still caused alot of destroyed ALOT in Paradigm. Hell, look at at Enemy is Another Big!. Big Duo and Big O BOTH caused alot of destruction to Paradigm. Throughout the series, Big O causes quite alot of damage to the city.

And having Big Duo dropping supplies in'st that great because Duo was a villian. Do you think Schwaltzwalt would care? No, he tried to destory Paradigm.

Heh, I was giving my two cents that's all.
Generalissimo D 09-04-2005 08:15 PM
quote:
And having Big Duo dropping supplies in'st that great because Duo was a villian. Do you think Schwaltzwalt would care? No, he tried to destory Paradigm.

Heh, I was giving my two cents that's all.

Wrong arcade machine then...sheesh. Schwarzy actually cared to know the truth and break the people away from Paradigm's lies. He'd be the poster maniac for fighting illteracy at least. Besides. The power of the megadeus is in who uses them.
evanASF27 09-04-2005 08:17 PM
easy guys, easy Embarrassed Sweatdrop

Let us not bicker and argue over who killed who....(than you M.P.^^)...

It's the thought that matters most Happy Anime Smile
Mugiwara Luffy 09-04-2005 10:03 PM
This reminds me of that thing Marvel did with all the superheroes helping firemen and victims after 9/11.

It could be a good idea. Not really going to help console anyone, but it's good inspiration for some potentially emotional artwork.
Lady Tesser 09-05-2005 11:58 AM
(Big O wading through knee-high water in the outside parts of Paradigm City, plucking people off of lower roofs to safety on highrisers where they are being cared for by other survivors.

In the foreground are Dorothy, Norman, and Dastun [in civilian-wear] doing first aid stuff to the victims; Dorothy is spoonfeeding a toddler.)

Dorothy: Why aren't the Military Police helping rescue people out here, Colonel Dastun?

Dastun: Paradigm Corp says the people and businesses inside the domes are more important than those outside. Had to turn in my badge after hearing that.

Dorothy: That is very wrong of them, isn't it?

Norman: Yes, Miss Dorothy, it is very wrong.

(Unfortunately, that's what would happen in Paradigm City if this happened there.)