The Real R. Dorothy Wayneright (a poem)

Ammaranth 08-26-2005 01:59 AM
I've had this poem in my head for a while now. I had ideas of making a collage to go with it; I like art works that mix media: words and pictures, live action and music, etc. The collage has not yet materialized, but seeing some of Beth's recent postings kind of kicked me in the rump (nice poetry Beth), and it seemed like a shame to horde this little poem all to myself, where it wasn't doing anyone any good, instead of sharing it, so here it is.

"The Real R. Dorothy Wayneright"

I've got red hair
Just like the real Dorothy.
Sometimes I wear pearls
Just like the real Dorothy
And my heart can break
Just like the real Dorothy.
I've got her arms,
Her legs,
Her lips,
Her mouth --
I've got her purple eyes, too --
And Roger Smith wonders
When I feel like playing the blues.

Vermillion
Tony Waynewrong 08-26-2005 02:56 PM
Dude, this was excellent. I love the depth and feeling you put into this poem. This certainly sounds like R. Dorothy when I read it. You should continue writing your poetry.

Kudos! This rocks! Big Grin
BethMcBeth 08-26-2005 03:03 PM
Wow! I really love this poem because the meaning behind it is very deep and moving. I also love how you put in How Roger Smith wonders when you feel like playing the blues! I love that part! ITs awesome keep up the excellent work and thank you so much for your kind comments. Its great to see people post their works!

-Beth
Collateral 08-29-2005 12:52 AM
Very beautiful, Vermillion. I love how it has so much tone and depth yet it is so simple which isn't at all a bad thing. I wouldn't change or add a one single thing. Bravo! Smile
paul1290 08-29-2005 07:36 PM
That was really good. I like mood of this poem. I'd give it a perfect 10/10.
Ammaranth 08-31-2005 04:03 AM
Thank you all for the very nice comments. I put a lot of thought into the subtlety of the poem; it's really nice to read your responses and see that you picked up on it. I'm glad you think it sounds like R. Dorothy, Tony. If you work with someone else's characters, that's one of the best compliments you can get, to know that the way you presented them is in keeping with the original work, and that you've managed to make an addition, and not a subtraction, if only a small one. Thank you again.

Vermillion
YoruameBaroness 10-09-2005 01:44 PM
It really does sound like her. Intriguing and mysterious. I like it.