Edward Scissorhands 15th Anniversary Edition DVD

Dork 08-25-2005 07:54 PM
As you may or may not know, but probably don't since it took a fair amount of digging for me to find this informantion, a new edition of Edward Scissorhands is coming to DVD on November 8th. We're not too surprised that this is also the rumored release date for 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', now are we?

Sadly according to the Details the new edition has identical features to that of the current 10th anniversary edition. Which is a real shame, outtakes and esspecially deleted scenes would be nice. This is one of the most beautiful movies that has ever been made, that it's release is so blazé is borderline criminal. But it comes in a very nice tin box:

Once upon a time in a castle high on a hill lived an inventor whose greatest creation was named Edward. Although Edward had an irresistible charm, he wasn't quite perfect. The inventor's sudden death left him unfinished, with sharp shears of metal for hands. Edward lived alone in the darkness until one day a kind Avon lady took him home to live with her family. So began Edward's fantastical adventures in a pastel paradise known as Surburbia.

No synopsis can do this movie justice. You just have to experience it.

muchlove
-Dork
Generalissimo D 08-25-2005 08:04 PM
...Huh.

This movie is as old as me!

I am picking this up...along with Charlie. I second Dork on they should include outtakes. Or at least Johnny without his makeup...apparently some of those scars were real...

Not saying it doesnt deserve its own limelight(I LOVE THIS MOVIE) but shouldnt this have gone in the Tim Burton Thread? Don't move it though. Leave it. Just saying.
Dork 08-25-2005 08:12 PM
Well, the thing about putting all of Tim Burton's movie in one thread is that everyone may not know that Burton did Edward, or any other movie for that matter. In any case this news deserves it's own thread as does the beautiful 'Edward Scissorhands'.

My favorite part is when Edward punctures the water bed ^_^ 'Edward' seems at times to be a practice in what not to do. It's a surreal movie. At the end of a perfectly flat sunny floridan surburan street happens to be a creepy dark hill on which is perched a equally creepy dark mansion. Now, being the Avon lady you not only decide to go up to this hill completely on a whim but then you WALK IN TO THE HOUSE INVITED and invite the leather clad puppy dog of a deformed man to come home with you. If 'Edward Scissorhands' were a horror movie Peg totally would have deserved to die. It's almost like she was asking for it.

muchlove
-Dork
Generalissimo D 08-25-2005 08:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
Well, the thing about putting all of Tim Burton's movie in one thread is that everyone may not know that Burton did Edward, or any other movie for that matter. In any case this news deserves it's own thread as does the beautiful 'Edward Scissorhands'.

My favorite part is when Edward punctures the water bed ^_^ 'Edward' seems at times to be a practice in what not to do. It's a surreal movie. At the end of a perfectly flat sunny floridan surburan street happens to be a creepy dark hill on which is perched a equally creepy dark mansion. Now, being the Avon lady you not only decide to go up to this hill completely on a whim but then you WALK IN TO THE HOUSE INVITED and invite the leather clad puppy dog of a deformed man to come home with you. If 'Edward Scissorhands' were a horror movie Peg totally would have deserved to die. It's almost like she was asking for it.

muchlove
-Dork

I want scissorhands. Ladies dig sharp pointy objects. Cool

I think Edwards overall design was the same as that thing from Vincent(Burton's first claymation film which I have yet to see anywhere).

You know......that Avon lady is my BCIS Teacher. She has the EXACT SAME DAMN MANNEURISMS, LOOKS THE SAME, AND HAS THE SAME GODDAMN VOICE. It's freaking me out man...

Did I mention my walls breathe?
Dork 08-25-2005 08:39 PM
I love Peg. The scenes she and Edward shared were some of my favorites. Tim Burton discribed the character in the audio commentary as a fairy godmother. She was like an airhead fairy godmother but a lot of fun.

The shortfilm 'Vincent' is available as a special feature on the 'Nightmare Before Christmas' DVD. It's narrated by Vincent Price. If 'Nightmare Before Christmas' weren't so good 'Vincent' would be worth the price of the DVD all on it's own.

muchlove
-Dork
BethMcBeth 08-26-2005 03:18 PM
Wow its already been fiften years for it! Amazing how time flys. Thats really sad though that it has the same or similliar featues as the 10th Anniversary. It is defently a amazing movie a must see. Even Tim Burton himself either stated or suggested (granted I don't rember whihc exactly so don't quote me) this movie was almost like a autobiography for him. Anywho its a awesome movie very moving and it does say alot about us odd balls in society truly a very moving movie.

-Beth