TBL Presents: Lizard Shaoblane's - Instant Freshman: Just Add Brains

Tony Waynewrong 08-22-2005 10:48 PM
Finally it's done! Well, for the most part. There are still some grammatical and spelling errors, but that’s neither here nor there. Beth, Lizard and I worked very hard to get this 30 minute monstrosity. This video originally started out as Lizard's Senior project and was meant to be a Freshmen Orientation Film. I hope you enjoy it.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please feel free to express it here. Big Grin

The video (62 MB)
Shaoblane 08-23-2005 08:04 PM
Jeee...thanks for all the feedback people!
Dark-0 08-23-2005 08:07 PM
It took a while to download but anyway great video. I wish I was back in HS again but thinking about it now I wish not. The "AXE" was funny Cool . You all have good acting skills and Beth please if you need to learn spanish I think you better come over here to NYC with Tony and you will learn very quickly. For the class of 2009 good luck Cool
Mugiwara Luffy 08-23-2005 08:33 PM
Honestly? I didn't like it. Most of the humor was not very funny, the text didn't stay up long enough to read, you couldn't hear the voices in some parts, the characters were flat and stereotypical, and the music choice was poor.

But,

this was not a big budget film and certainly not professional. Considering those two things, it came out quite well. Good job, and just ignore the constructive criticism above, if you'd like.

Oh yeah, the AXE part was funny. I hate people who spray that crap everywhere. The special kid, Dave (right?), was entertaining too, but I didn't know if I could laugh at him or not....
Tony Waynewrong 08-23-2005 10:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Sanji
Honestly? I didn't like it. Most of the humor was not very funny, the text didn't stay up long enough to read, you couldn't hear the voices in some parts, the characters were flat and stereotypical, and the music choice was poor.

But,

this was not a big budget film and certainly not professional. Considering those two things, it came out quite well. Good job, and just ignore the constructive criticism above, if you'd like.

Oh yeah, the AXE part was funny. I hate people who spray that crap everywhere. The special kid, Dave (right?), was entertaining too, but I didn't know if I could laugh at him or not....

Well, at least you are honest. Though, I don't agree with your statements on the humor, character analysis or music choice, I willl agree on the budget and professionality of the film. With a time frame of three weekends (one dedicated to editing), a budget of $300 ($160 went to gasoline), a group of high school seniors and juniors and no script (it was all improvised), we were able to create this film. I am a stoked about it's outcome.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. We will take this statement into account for the next film. Big Grin
Shaoblane 08-24-2005 01:05 PM
Anyone notice that Pygmalion and Evan snuck into the credits?

Evan snuck into the movie too, but I wont say where. I doubt even Tony and Beth noticed this one.
But, you gotta know Pygmalions IRL name to find her though.

Yeah...and the way to pick fights in Oregon involves ripping someone's hat off. -__-;;

Here are some fun things about the video!

Homework sandwich: An oregon drivers manual placed between two donuts. Jenni, was drawing an eye on one of the stuff-to-be-covered outline. (That doesnt deserve to be called a script.)
Davey's orange vest: Now a seat cover in my car.
Pizza: Godfathers. Domino's would be insulted if they knew about this. The school serves Godfathers, but everyone prefer's Domino's. I got Domino's Milwaukie and Domino's Clackamas on speed dial. However, we had to use Godfathers because Domino's doest deliver until 3 pm.
Pretending to play instruments in public: I am off camera jingling a set of car keys.
Derek out of costume: In two places. "Stick with one foreign language-German" and "Pretending to play instruments in public." He was "beat boxing."
Last minute characters: Nick, the cell phone guy I appeared with. Shelby, the deoderant guy, showed up at random on the last day of filming. Damn them... Nick graduated last year.
Divorce: My parents got a divorce in the middle of filming on the last day. How's that relevant? Beth, Jessica, and I, had to throw a bunch of my crap in the vehicles we had the keys to (meanwhile, Tony and Chris filmed the Freshmen kit) and we were never short on props again.
You guys still have the suit I need to wear for the presentation!!!
Special thanks: I forgot to list 'Eric Schulstad' in the special thanks. He bankrolled me anything that needed to be bought:
Pink fishnets (Jenni)
Duct tape
Arm warmers (mostly Jenni, Shelby at the end)
Make-up
Cash (went to donuts and a 12 pack, AKA "breakfast")
About half a tank of gas
A dress. A brand new dress (wasnt in the film) to wear for one of the presentations. (Full legnth formal dress from Hot Topic...it aint leaving the closet.)

Finally
The lines "HEY YOU GUYS!" and "My turn. YEAH! Cool!"
We all hung out on tuesday, all freakin' day. We've been using the two lines often. Whenever Chris says "Hey Davey! Goonies!" EVERYONE, even the friends who weren't involved, but saw the movie, scream out "HEY YOU GUYS!!!" We were in the mall for about 8 hours the other day, it had to have been said about 5 times.
Chris and Jenni have been engaged for about 3 years. Whenever we catch them getting busy, someone slides in next to them and declares it's their turn. ^_^

Were gonna remember this video for a long long time.

Now were all seniors, except for Jessica, whose a junior, Scotty, whose not enrolled, and Nick, who graduated last year.

Things I forgot to get in the video:
Someone holding a "HI MOM" sign
Someone looking at the bottom of their shoe and saying "Not another one!" (Anti-freshmen joke)
dominusofdeath 08-24-2005 01:09 PM
Funniest thing I saw in a long time!
BethMcBeth 08-25-2005 01:26 PM
This project was defently a huge mile stone for TBL, for we have never created something this long before. And granted it was a long film there were so many hours more that went into just the editing. It was defently a huge roject but I think we were pretty successful I mean how many other homemade Freshman Orientation videos have you seen, or ones that at least attempt to enterian you, despite the fact that we were trying to load in the proper amount of imformative information too. All in all it was fun to work ona nd I think we did a fanastic job!

-Beth

P.S. I want to apologize to all for my horrible Spanish! Tongue
YoruameBaroness 08-25-2005 07:04 PM
Well, I was highly amused. I needed that laugh. Big Grin
Shaoblane 02-24-2007 10:41 PM
Hey, this is Liz, some long time after graduation.

I need a copy of the video cause f*** if I know how to rip. Does anyone magically have a copy they can host for me?