Recent Movie Purchases (and movie merch.)

Generalissimo D 11-04-2005 06:45 AM
-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Special Edition
-Passion of the Christ

The HGttG came with the first book, and it rocks my socks.
Nine Kuze 11-04-2005 10:19 AM
I recently "bought" American Beauty and Traffic.

And when I mean bought, I mean I borrowed them from a friend. But American Beauty was just as good, if not better, than what I heard from other people. Damn shame at the end for my man Kevin Spacey though. And I haven't checked out Traffic yet but it copped four Oscars so I sure it will be fresh and that I'll like it.
Peace.
Dork 11-07-2005 12:08 AM
Six 'Galactic Heroes' Star Wars figures. They're uber-cute. I'll put up a picture tomorrow. They sorta look chibi deformed and they're pretty well made, even though most of them can't move (those who can only move their lightsaber hands).

I have:

General Grievious
Old Obi Wan
Young Obi Wan (sans mullet)
Epi. III Anakin
Darth Vader
Count Dooku
A Clone trooper
Leia
Chewbacca
Han Solo

Tomorrow I'll try to pick up the sets that have Yoda, C-3PO, Luke, Mulleted Young Obi Wan and I think that's it. Unfortunately the Anakin/Padmé set is going to require some serious e-bay watching. But they're so cute, it's worth it. Instant shelf pets.

muchlove
-Dork
Nine Kuze 05-05-2006 07:31 PM
Last week, I bought a used DVD of Million Dollar Baby for 4.99.

Yeah, talk about a steal. It's like it was calling out to me

Also, I checked out Ordinary People and Do the Right Thing. Do the Right Thing was really good as was Ordinary People but I still have a grudge against it for beating out Raging Bull in 1980 for Best Picture and Director. Damn it all. Also, Double Idemnity was a helluva film. That one got screwed too.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 10-04-2006 05:36 PM
*Brushes this thread's shoulders off... Gets hit with a double post! DQ! DQ!*

I was walking through the mall and stumbled across the FYE store, where I found 2001: A Space Odyssey.

For five bucks.

Guess what I did then? I seriously can't make this any clearer but I suppose you get the idea, no?
Peace.
David Ryder 10-04-2006 06:44 PM
I bought Scarey Movie 4 a few days ago. Funny stuff.
The Baker St. Irregular 10-05-2006 02:36 PM
In response to the intense withdrawl I was suffering after having ran out of Sherlock Holmes stories to read, I swiftly bought up a DVD copy of one of my most favoritest and most underappreciated Disney movies from my childhood, The Great Mouse Detective. Pleased

That is one seriously badass Disney movie, and it's a shame that it is always overshadowed by the other, as I call them, "renaissance" Disney movies, like The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast and such. It's frightfully clever (even more so if you're familar with Sherlock Holmes), and a welcome break from all those princess movies. Yay! Anime Smile
Nine Kuze 10-05-2006 02:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
The Great Mouse Detective

That actually is a good movie.

I also bought American Beauty and Annie Hall on DVD which both equal to me shelling out around 15 dollars. I have yet to watch them though.
Peace.
Pie_Junkie 10-05-2006 07:00 PM
I bought a Resivor Dogs shirt from Hot Topic (50% off the 50%)
"Can you hear that?!"
David Ryder 10-10-2006 04:03 PM
I picked up MST3K vol. 10.
Nine Kuze 10-14-2006 11:04 PM
I went to see my brother for the first time in six weeks and he wanted me to buy him some DVD's since the town where this private school he's attending is pretty dull and he needed something to do.

I was up for the challenge but I was stressing out on what movies to buy him. I didn't want to get him anything he's already seen and I copped this:

- Friday Night Lights
- The Godfather, Part II
- In the Heat of the Night
- Saving Private Ryan
- Some double header movie with one featuring Ice Cube and Elizabeth Hurley and the other with Tupac Shakur and Mickey Rourke.
- And damn it all, the six one escapes me. (Just called my brother to find out what it was, Menace II Society)

Two of this are mine. Try and guess which ones.
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 10-14-2006 11:23 PM
Obviously the one with Tupac in it is yours, Ninepac.
David Ryder 10-27-2006 09:24 PM
I picked up Strange Invaders. Actually a decent movie, and it actually had extras.
Pie_Junkie 11-28-2006 09:11 PM
I bought Clerks II today. Big Grin
Nine Kuze 12-15-2006 12:30 PM
I bought Good Night, and Good Luck yesterday for three bucks last night.

Too bad all the cigarettes from the film aren't nearly worth the same price.
Peace.
Pie_Junkie 01-05-2007 06:01 PM
Okay, I didn't buy it but my sis's boyfriend gave it to me as a late xmas gift. I got....The People Under the Stairs. I love this movie.
Pie_Junkie 03-01-2007 06:07 PM
I gots to double post now. 22 new movies today ^^
-AVP
-Bless the Child
-Once Upon a Time in Mexico
-the Scorpion King
-Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
-Detroit Rock City
-Rosewood
-Suicide Kings
-Fight Club
-Austin Powers: Goldmember
-the 3 Musketeers
-Invasion of the Body Snatchers
-Evolution
-the Butterfly Effect
-the Puppet Master
-Hulk
-In the Line of Fire
-2 Fast 2 Furious
-Barbershop I and II
-Species I and II

Also the other day I bought "Spawn 3: Ultimate Battle"
Nine Kuze 03-01-2007 06:21 PM
The best movie I see in there is Fight Club.

Oh, and I bought Chinatown the other day.
Peace.
Pie_Junkie 03-01-2007 07:50 PM
Yeah, I have bad taste. I'm okay with that tho.
Generalissimo D 03-01-2007 08:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pie_Junkie
-Detroit Rock City

I just lost my virginity in a confessional booth.....LORD HAVE MERCY!