Thinking about making a Big O season 3 comic series

Xylem 08-11-2005 12:45 AM
I am a very good artist and I would want to know how can I go about making a Big-O comic without being sued by sunrise and adult swim?
I have the whole series planned out.

Issues 1-30 pre-reset
Issues 31-70 after-Season 2

The theme of after-season 2 is that people are now having nightmarish prophecies about a repeat of the the megadeuce war.Paradigm city is in ruins and Alex is in a coma having lost his right arm and leg.Angel's were abouts are unknown after being rumored to have been murderered by alex's secret ops unit that Dan is heading.Michael Seebach is thought dead but a mysterious string of letters to the senatesaid to have been written by the late michael seebach but is scoffed in Paradigm press as a prankster with good form and cursive.Even as the string of letters are patronized and then swept under the rug Paradigm dispatches the MP to find the "destructive terrorist" that written the letters. Doesn't seem like they swallow the whole prankster angle after having the "Big Fight" happen. and rodger's house is used for a orphanage.Big O and Dorthy have disappeared.Danstun is heading a rogue secret ops unit in paradigm conspiring to kill alex and to start a military cue (overthrow) of paradigm corp in its weakened state but later gets double crossed by alex and loses his eye by way of R.Alan's drill (Alex was using him to get close to rodger and R.Alan Gabrial an assasin android playing the part of an ambassitor to one of the foreign nations and make good on of their contract) .There are 6 bigs and one Gigadeuce(slightly more powerful than a big fused with an andriod) and one Meta-Core(slightly more powerful than a Gigaduece made as anti-Big weapon). There are 2 other nations. both of them hate each other and are negotiaing with Paradigm Corp about memories of megadeuce design and big architecture in exchange for rebiulding paradigm as reported by big ear.Gordon is thought to be kidnapped by the opposing nation and forced to make seedlings(a better and more effecient type of tomatoe)in the Red Phase Project .Beck is still being Beck just without without rodger/BigO doing anything to stop him. It is Common place to see Beck terrorizing paradigm city with only the military police with a new colonel R. Oreilly to fend him off. Until rodger finds big O and R.dorthy what can he do?

I am not going to spoil the plot further what do you think.... I hope its not corny or cliche-ish.
Faus_fist 08-12-2005 12:38 AM
well it is creative I wouldnt vote for it for the simple reason that if Big-O has disapeared its not ther Big-O Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Xylem
Danstun is heading a rogue secret ops unit in paradigm conspiring to kill alex and to start a military cue (overthrow) of paradigm corp in its weakened state

and its military "coup" yes you have the right pronounciation but the spelling isnt always sounding it out. Stupid english.
Xylem 08-12-2005 06:01 AM
no Big Fau is being repaired and modified and Big O was stolen by foriegners.

The Rodger gets him back and has to find an evil dorthy that was reprogrammed with false memories of a decaying Orbex-A20 megadeuce recovered by Quaor military.Dorthy has no memory of rodger smith or a paradigm city.(whom she thinks is fake and thinks roger is a terrorist agianst the Quaor government whom she works as a puppet prime minister.She is being controlled by Dr. Richard Wagner a shadow government leader who is the REAL big cheese in Quaor. Dorthy periodically has flashbacks about the Fau vs. BigO battle and others.Rodger has to convence her he's not a terrorist and a enemy of the state THEN try to break the spell over her. )Dr. Richard Wagner is in negotaition with Alex Rosewater about memories of megaduece design and Big Archetecture(although Quaor knows a lot more about megadeuce design they know almost nothing about big design.Paradigm knows how to modify and maintain Bigs but doesn't know how to build them from the ground up BUT they can't because the final stage reduced paradigm to a burning hole and paradigm corp is but a shell of what it used to be.) They both circulate knowledge but the treuce then breaks when paradigm breaks all contact with Quaor and then starts manufacturing Megadeuces on its own using Quaor technology. This uproar causes a war between the two countries. Paradigm War II. This happens while Rodger is away trying to find Dorthy.During the period Alex and Fua have to fend off megadeuce attacks by Quaori military.Meanwhile Norman is running the orphange/Rodger's mansion. He alerts rodger that the Quaor prime minister is R.Dorthy going under the name Jane Doe the Red Tyrant .She is shown on the wristwatch saying all kinds of wartime propoganda.This makes rodger very upset and he feels powerless about all the mayham going on and he doesn't have BigO to right the wrong.

there is another nation Schizonia a neutral secretive nation with a monarchy that is fruat with enfighting and civil war (think feudalist england circa 1500s and with a technology and time frame of modern day tokyo).Were everyone born there has a "bizzaro doppleganger" called a shadow running around that is the exact opposite of the original's personality. Rodger finds BigO there after aquiring a new ally and the pilot of the 5th(out of 6) Big.

Rodger eventually gets BigO(in a battle in Schizonia thats all I am going to say).
Xylem 08-14-2005 09:42 PM
hello?
Lady Tesser 08-15-2005 09:19 AM
As long as you don't make any money off of it, it's perfectly fine to do a fan comic, even if it is season three.
Xylem 08-16-2005 07:46 AM
<continued>nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

right now i want to polish up the storyline and add more mysteries.

should I add plot holes?
Xylem 08-20-2005 05:46 AM
hello?
Pygmalion 08-20-2005 09:06 AM
It seems to me that you've staked out quite a chunk of story for the period after Act 26. However, you said that your first 30 issues were going to be set before the reset. Did you mean during the time of the episodes we saw, or before them?

Pygmalion
Xylem 08-21-2005 12:23 PM
before the series
Shadow dorothy 06-24-2006 05:57 PM
If you mail sunrise or Bandai and tell then that you are interested in making a comic and will split the profits with then than they'll let you make a comic and might even print it.
MultiMedea 06-24-2006 06:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow dorothy
If you mail sunrise or Bandai and tell then that you are interested in making a comic and will split the profits with then than they'll let you make a comic and might even print it.

Er, sure they will. Just let me know if that ever happens. But when you write up that proposal to the rights owners, do be sure to spell the main characters' names correctly. That sort of thing impresses them. Happy
Mr. Peabody 06-25-2006 08:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xylem
I am a very good artist and I would want to know how can I go about making a Big-O comic without being sued by sunrise and adult swim?
I have the whole series planned out.

I think that it's perfectly legal to make a fancomic as long as you don't try to profit from it or claim the characters as your own. Acknowledge the legal owners on the front page of each issue.
Shadow dorothy 06-26-2006 09:39 PM
Well we wouldn't have Big O Doujinshii and Hentai if Bandai didn't let people print their comics.