[Suggestion] Possibility for another sub-forum?

Generalissimo D 08-05-2005 02:10 PM
Yeah. I've been thinking this over a ton, and have come to the conclusion we should probably have another subforum in the Speakeasy to deal with politics and/or headline news(Like the "Someone died at Disneyland" threads). That way if a debate or some bickering starts up its kept nice and neat in its own little section. And if someone wants to post some news they find interesting they can do it there. The random off-topic discoveries could be left in the main speakeasy (Like the bloody mary and food anomalies threads) as to not be trampled by some of the big topics of interest like the recent "How would you fix NASA" thread.

Just a simple suggestion to help bring a little more order around. If you do make it I think it should be called "Big Ear's Table" for (at least I think) obvious reason. Ok, I think I've said all I wanted to say.

Sincerely,
D-Boy
X Prime 08-05-2005 02:34 PM
Something like this has been requested numerous times... Krang's a bit leery about adding another subforum.
Travis Bickle 08-05-2005 02:44 PM
The 'Drome (which I rarely post at, but...meh...) has it. I don't see any reason not to have it.
Hienrich Ele 08-06-2005 03:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Bleedthrough
The 'Drome (which I rarely post at, but...meh...) has it. I don't see any reason not to have it.

The only thing that I can see, really, going agaisnt it is the fact that there would be yet another sub-forum. Six may be a lot.

In the regard to whether I am for or agaisnt it, doesn't matter to me. I'll read the threads in whatever way they are organized.
Captain Maw 08-06-2005 09:36 PM
yeah, i have to agree, i'll be using the forums regardless of how it's organized. i'd say to have a poll, but i'm going to predict it's not gonna work.
Jonny Axehandle 08-06-2005 10:43 PM
Come on, if we have subforums for every trend of topics we'd need a subforum for suggesting subforums.

Besides, if you can give me a link to ONE political topic that didn't get out of control or have some flaming I'd stand on my head and sing "I'm a little teapot"
Generalissimo D 08-06-2005 10:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
Come on, if we have subforums for every trend of topics we'd need a subforum for suggesting subforums.

Besides, if you can give me a link to ONE political topic that didn't get out of control or have some flaming I'd stand on my head and sing "I'm a little teapot"

Howard Dean says...

Start singing Johnny....

I'm sorry I didn't notice it before. Its just that this is probably the most untrafficked traffickable place we have. This is only a suggestion people, I'm not yelling out something drastic. Just saying maybe a bit more organization would help things flow better. Tis all.
Mr. Fortnight 08-08-2005 04:10 PM
There was no heat on that thread because it didn't go far enough, and it WAS one of those "check out this moron" threads. That one doesn't really count.

Religon and Politics are the things on a forum that must be spoken of carefully. They tend to bring out the trolls very fast. Having such conversations concentrated in a containable area when things get hot would be a good idea.