The Tim Burton Thread AGAIN:Corpse Bride this Fall. But for now, enjoy "Stainboy"

Generalissimo D 07-29-2005 12:55 PM
On the advice of Dork and other such peeps, Its here. Mingle amongst thyselves.

The Official Site
BethMcBeth 07-29-2005 01:56 PM
AWWWW!! Yayayayayaya!!! I am so excitied about this movie! I am not only a huge Burton fan but also of Stop Still Animation so I am most excitited to see this new work! Thanks for teh site! ^_^""

-Beth
Dork 07-29-2005 02:07 PM
Anybody else know the history of the folk tale the movie's based on? I think it's on Tim Burton's site. Disturbing stufff.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Oh, and it this thing stop-motion or CGI? I really can't tell.

muchlove
-Dork
Hienrich Ele 07-29-2005 02:10 PM
I cannot wait for this movie to come out. I've been looking foreward to seeing it ever since I first saw a trailer for it.

So, when it comes out, you can be sure Hieny here will be going "OMG!!11!!111!"...
Generalissimo D 08-01-2005 12:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
Anybody else know the history of the folk tale the movie's based on? I think it's on Tim Burton's site. Disturbing stufff.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Oh, and it this thing stop-motion or CGI? I really can't tell.

muchlove
-Dork

The story I know of is Jewish brides would get buried alive en route to the wedding. Dont know much else.

Also:
Big surprise...or not.

This is stop motion. Really. Its stop motion. I think its only around 40 some odd shots that were done in CGI due to the complexity. Still looks flipping awesome.
Dork 08-01-2005 12:14 AM
Stop-motion, done right, is stunning. I've watched Nightmare Before Christmas two times now just for the animation (the first two times were for the direction and songs respectively ^_^). The characters look like living breathing figurines, that NBC was lit like a live action movie (with smaller lights) makes all the difference for how real it looks. My interest in Corpse Bride shot up considerably when I found out it was stop-motion. I hope I can go see this one.

muchlove
-Dork
Pie_Junkie 08-01-2005 12:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
quote:
Originally posted by Sano
Okay, let me break it down. Ish loves Burton flims but someone needs to die for the sin against Wonka. I love Willy Wonka but when you change it I have problems. Depp as Wonka, the Oompa loompas are not orange with green hair and sliver eye brows, geese some how turned into skoos, thats just what I know is wrong from the previews. Then again it's a different movie and I have issuses I need to fix.

The first "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" took some creative license. This is not a remake. This is "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", meant to be closer to the book. Please read this.

I know this. We just have problems with it here.
Gummibear 08-02-2005 08:17 PM
I'm excited by the fact that it's stop-motion animation ( or mostly) rather than being completely CGI ( not that there is anything wrong with CGI) stop-motion will give the film more umph...in my opinion. I think its going to be a very cute film...despite the corspes...seems very romantic. Big Grin
Generalissimo D 08-03-2005 11:41 AM
I'm astounded I didn't mention this earlier, despite my knowledge of it.

The Adventures of Stainboy

This is a web series created by Tim Burton(which I've only seen one episode of so far...even though I've known of this for at least a year)

This should supplement you in the long wait for Corpse Bride.

.D-Boy
Gato Gurl914 08-24-2005 04:33 PM
i like it. i saw the trailer on the official site. looks smashing. but the brides werent buried alive they were killed by anti semitite wedding crashers then buried.
The Baker St. Irregular 09-04-2005 04:10 AM
quote:

It could be just me, but the link doesn't work. Frown I also tried digging around in the main website, but I still couldn't find the cartoon.
Generalissimo D 09-04-2005 10:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
quote:

It could be just me, but the link doesn't work. Frown I also tried digging around in the main website, but I still couldn't find the cartoon.

...WTF?!

ITS GONE! ITS GONE! THE LAST SOURCE OF BURTON NOT ON FILM IS GONE!

...F**K!

Shocked

Ok...they're obviously doing this to get all the addicts to rush into Corpse bride again and again to get their fix. Bastards.

Edit:If you look on Google, you can see in the cache it was there. But now its not.
The Baker St. Irregular 09-04-2005 01:49 PM
quote:

...WTF?!

ITS GONE! ITS GONE! THE LAST SOURCE OF BURTON NOT ON FILM IS GONE!

...F**K!

Shocked

Ok...they're obviously doing this to get all the addicts to rush into Corpse bride again and again to get their fix. Bastards.

Edit:If you look on Google, you can see in the cache it was there. But now its not.

Mad Bastards, indeed! How could something like that disappear from the face of the Internet?

Man... That really, truly sucks.
Dork 09-13-2005 02:57 PM
[singsong]Moviefone is offering a clip from the mo-vie![/singsong]

Get it here.

The stop motion looks amazing. I read Tim's not using replacement heads for this one. There was a slight jerkyness to the characters' movements in 'Nightmare Before Christmas'. In the Corpse Bride clip movements are much smoother. (I can't wait to get the DVD to see how he does it). This movie is going to be absolute eye candy. If there's anything to the story; well that's just a bonus Big Grin

muchlove
-Dork
Dork 09-16-2005 11:20 PM
The soundtrack comes out this tuesday. I'm very much excited for this. I probably won't be able to see the Corpse Bride the day, or even the weekend, it comes out. But I love Danny Elfman's musical numbers and can't wait to hear what he's got for this.

I heard that Elfman sings one of the songs. Since Johnny Depp is voicing the main character and allegedly can't sing I wouldn't be surprise if the Elfman sung song is for Victor.

muchlove
-Dork
CoCoaPuFF CatX 09-18-2005 10:26 AM
This is one movie i am very interested in seeing becuase i was a fan of tim butons nightmare before christmas.. and have you noticed that jonny depp is like in anything tim burton produces... Humm.. something to think about
Dork 09-19-2005 04:04 PM
Tomorrow (tuesday, sept 20th) MTV is airing a speical on Corpse Bride at 10 pm.
Gato Gurl914 09-19-2005 06:14 PM
no fair! thats when yugioh is on!
Dork 09-22-2005 07:41 PM
Just came back from buying the soundtrack from Best Buy. Big Grin

Big Grin

Pleased

Happy

Smile

Neutral

Frown

::barely resists beating herself senseless with her own keyboard.

I neeed sexy stop motion people!

I can't wait to see this movie ::bites sleeve::

muchlove
-Dork
Gato Gurl914 09-23-2005 08:28 PM
well it came out today. im hoping to go see it on sunday.