Forums Offline for the Weekend

Krang 07-28-2005 11:23 PM
Sorry for the short notice, but from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening, the forums will be offline. To make up for this, there will most likely not be a second Staff Break Weekend this year, so there should not be any more planned downtime until next May. I would normally refer you to the Neo-Speakeasy for backup forums, but the usual ones appear to be down, so we will use the old ones. And as usual, MFL battles can take place at the official backups. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask. Thanks!
Captain Maw 07-29-2005 02:44 AM
no problem. and i wouldn't mind if you kept your staff break weekend.
it's fun to play hooky!Smile (not really, cuz your not obligated by law)
Zola 07-29-2005 11:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Sorry for the short notice, but from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening, the forums will be offline. To make up for this, there will most likely not be a second Staff Break Weekend this year, so there should not be any more planned downtime until next May. I would normally refer you to the Neo-Speakeasy for backup forums, but the usual ones appear to be down, so we will use the old ones. And as usual, MFL battles can take place at the official backups. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask. Thanks!

You can go to the Neo-Speakeasy, it was taken offline temporarily due to SBO putting a huge load on the server. We had turned off all outside apps, but once we found the culprit, usage went right down, so I've reactivated it.
Hienrich Ele 07-29-2005 02:14 PM
I am gonna be gone for most of the weekend, so it is good timing. Though Sunday will, for certain, bring me to this page and staring at the message stating the forums are down...
Krang 07-31-2005 11:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
To make up for this, there will most likely not be a second Staff Break Weekend this year, so there should not be any more planned downtime until next May.

Actually, I take that back, since I can't guarantee that. If there will be more planned downtime, though, I will definitely give plenty of advance notice this time.