Sonic the Hedgehog: Issue #151

Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 07-27-2005 10:59 PM
I've definately enjoyed this issue, especially the back-up story "Stargazing" by Sabrina Artist: Tania del Rio. That's the kind of story I've wanted more of ever since "Princess Sally's Crusade", and the current tendancy toward emotional stories like that are the reason why I say the Sonic comic-book is better than ever!

Also, the current main-story is getting good! With Evil-Sonic playing "Lady's Man" disgused as good-Sonic leaving our hero to answer for his evil-twin's promiscuity. Next issue is probably gonna be great between the girls being about ready to hang Sonic for two-timing and Robotnik's newest device, there should be enough romantic-comedy AND classic Sonic Robot-butt kicking to satisfy ANY sonic fan. I think I'm going to enjoy next issue.
The Big Finale 07-27-2005 11:07 PM
You and I differ in opinions, then. I have personally always agreed with Dan Drazen; Sonic, as a comic book series, is going downhill.

Way past downhill.
thebravest1 07-27-2005 11:17 PM
Yeah I have to agree with you Big Finale. I still am a faithful reader of the Sonic comics but it has definatly gone down hill from what I have been use to. But you never no they may just be having the comic slow down for a few issues befor the next big saga. Now that they are getting ever so closer to issue #200.

As for the story I noticed something about the Antuan of the evil sonic universe. He was saying things like Sonic was his only means of returning back to his universe. So that would mean that the Antuan that we have come to know in the last few issues is actually from Evil Sonics universe.
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 07-27-2005 11:53 PM
Yes, that was established in Evil Sonic's explanation in the previous issue. That certainly explains a few things about why Antoine has been the way he's been lately.
R.Smith 07-28-2005 12:20 AM
Wow, 151? Shocked

Evil Sonic? Confused

Jeez, I sure have been out of the loop with Sonic comics! Frown

My first Sonic comic was "Sonic The Hedgehog #14", published in September 1994.

I have a few more, but sounds like I'd need to buy them all to understand what's going on these days!
The Big Finale 07-28-2005 12:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Jeez, I sure have been out of the loop with Sonic comics! Frown

This is for the most part a good thing.

I missed Issue 150... in regards to Antoine actually being Anti-Antoine, two words.

Cop out. It's sounds like something out of Spider-Man's Clone Saga.

They've gotten it right before; Hearts Held Hostage proved that.
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 07-28-2005 12:31 AM
You Naysayers are certainly entitled to your own opinions, but MY opinion is that "Stargazing" is the best comic story I've read in a LONG time, and I LOVED "Heart Held Hostage".

And, R.Smith,
Man does THAT ever bring back old memories! I've seen almost EVERY issue since I've been buying and reading it since Issue #0!

Actually, Evil Sonic has been a recurring villian for a long time. He got his start very early in the series.
The Big Finale 07-28-2005 12:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2
You Naysayers are certainly entitled to your own opinions, but MY opinion is that "Stargazing" is the best comic story I've read in a LONG time, and I LOVED "Heart Held Hostage".

Actually, Evil Sonic has been a recurring villian for a long time. He got his start very early in the series.

As I said, they got it right with Hearts Held Hostage. Karl Bollers was always my favorite writer anyway; out of all of them, he had the best track record by far, but I lost respect for him after the whole "Benny Lee" fiasco.

I haven't read Stargazing (not having picked up Issue 151 yet), but from the sounds of it, it's good. Keep in mind though; neither Karl nor Ken wrote that. It was Tania del Rio, the Sabrina manga artist.

- -

Anti-Sonic has always been one of my fave characters.
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 07-28-2005 12:40 AM
Yeah, I've been a BIG fan of the Sabrina "manga". I started a thread about it in "Ailesbury Farm" but nobody responded to it. Tania Del Rio is fast becoming one of my favourite comic artists.

And, Anti-Sonic is great.
thebravest1 07-28-2005 08:30 AM
While Evil Sonic is a great character he isn't my favorie Villain. My favorite is Mammoth Mongrol because of the major collamities he has caused and how much power is needed to take him down.
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 08-02-2005 03:25 AM
I was never too big on Mammoth Mogol. I prefer Enerjak!
The Big Finale 08-02-2005 04:02 AM
Pah, I'm with thebravest1 on this: Mammoth Mogul rules, at least for a villian.

I'd say my top fave bad guys are...

(3) Dimitri (not Enerjak)
(2) Mammoth Mogul (the "I swallowed a dictionary" version)
(1) Snively (come ON, people! Snively!)
thebravest1 08-02-2005 07:26 AM
Big Final you are so right about thoughs three but Snivily really isn't evil enough for me because he switches sides way to often.
Xel 08-02-2005 04:28 PM
I dropped out about six issues after the Endgame saga. I've heard it gets so complicated after that that I don't even know where to begin.

Eheheh. I also heard Sally's got a flamingly gay brother.

Dude, am I right in presuming that Antoine got badass but they're copping out on it now? That sucks, dude. Antoine was like my favorite. He sorely deserves a little bout of "I can't take this sh*t no more!"

Snively better still be awesome.
The Big Finale 08-02-2005 04:38 PM
quote:
Eheheh. I also heard Sally's got a flamingly gay brother.

That's the popular interpretation, yes, but Elias Acorn is now married and has a daughter...

...probably only for the purposes of squashing that interpretation.

quote:
Dude, am I right in presuming that Antoine got badass but they're copping out on it now? That sucks, dude. Antoine was like my favorite. He sorely deserves a little bout of "I can't take this sh*t no more!"

He got tougher and hooked up with Bunnie, then Sonic went away for a while and when he came back, Antoine had a scar, was a lot tougher, had dumped Bunnie, and was a jerk. That's what they're OMGCOPPINGOUTON.

quote:
Snively better still be awesome.

Snively is awesome just by making an appearence. He was roboticized temporarily (with free will, no less), but got turned back to normal and has since disappeared.

That sucks.
Xel 08-02-2005 05:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
That's the popular interpretation, yes, but Elias Acorn is now married and has a daughter...

...probably only for the purposes of squashing that interpretation.

Pfffft. Please, I heard he and Geoffrey were practically picking out curtains.

quote:
He got tougher and hooked up with Bunnie, then Sonic went away for a while and when he came back, Antoine had a scar, was a lot tougher, had dumped Bunnie, and was a jerk. That's what they're OMGCOPPINGOUTON.

Eh, though that's actually all right with me. I prefer Antoine as a single man anyway. :B He needed to hook up with Bunnie to prove that he could, but aside from that...

quote:
Snively is awesome just by making an appearence. He was roboticized temporarily (with free will, no less), but got turned back to normal and has since disappeared.

That sucks.

That veritably sucks. How 'bout Robotnik? They finally give him the axe (without bringing him back after writing him back in as a free-floating existence in space to later be confined to a robot body or whatever it was)?
The Big Finale 08-02-2005 05:26 PM
quote:
Pfffft. Please, I heard he and Geoffrey were practically picking out curtains.

That's why I said they probably married him off just to squash that idea.

Yeah, RIGHT, as if that's gonna work.

quote:
Eh, though that's actually all right with me. I prefer Antoine as a single man anyway. :B He needed to hook up with Bunnie to prove that he could, but aside from that...

Well, no, it's still a cop-out because jerk-with-scar-Antoine is a fake. Real Antoine is still in love with Bunnie.

quote:
That veritably sucks. How 'bout Robotnik? They finally give him the axe (without bringing him back after writing him back in as a free-floating existence in space to later be confined to a robot body or whatever it was)?

Okay, here's the deal. Original, SatAM, Doctor Ivo Robotnik from Sonic's world died in issue 50. But then Robo-Robotnik, a version of him from another Zone came to Sonic's world and started the whole thing over again.

He switched to an Eggman style mechanical body, bounced around in it, then got himself deroboticized by some aliens. So there's still a Robotnik...

...just not the original.
Xel 08-02-2005 05:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
Well, no, it's still a cop-out because jerk-with-scar-Antoine is a fake. Real Antoine is still in love with Bunnie.

No, I know. But I mean... eh. It's too much to hope that the "oh, it was just an impostor!" excuse doesn't fly after all and leaves the relationship with some lasting damage, huh.

quote:
Okay, here's the deal. Original, SatAM, Doctor Ivo Robotnik from Sonic's world died in issue 50. But then Robo-Robotnik, a version of him from another Zone came to Sonic's world and started the whole thing over again.

He switched to an Eggman style mechanical body, bounced around in it, then got himself deroboticized by some aliens. So there's still a Robotnik...

...just not the original.

*whistle*

Aliens?

Wow.

Dammit, I miss ol' Jules.