[Other] I'm officially going to be creating my own Jason Beck fansite, however, help is needed...

Mrs. Beck 07-16-2005 12:36 PM
Yes, that's right. There's nothing on it at the moment, literrally, but that's because I just got my domain about three days ago. *sweatdrop* Anywho, what I really really really need is some good manga scans of Beck. Or anime screenshots. I don't have the right materials to get my own, that's why I'm creating this board.

Also, because once this thing is up, I'd at least like PCF to know about it! Have suggestions for material that should go up on the site? Post 'em here! Have ideas for a layout? Post 'em here!

Anywho, I'd love to get my site off to a great start, and so I'm looking for anybody who is willing to help me on this 'project'. That's right, a co-owner of the site! The only qualification that I think should be nessescary is that you, yourself, are a Beck fan. Fangirls accepted too. Tongue That would be evil of me to exclude fangirls, considering I myself am one. So, if you're willing to help, either PM me or post it on this thread!

Ah, I suppose some of you are staring at the screen, shaking your head thinking I'm a moron for this. Well then, you must not be aware of the Beck fans out there who, unlike you Roger and Dorothy fans, can't really just go to a site and meet people who are a fan like you. Ok, so you can here at Paradigm, but there's a lot more Roger and Dorothy fans then all else.

So, anyway, please give your input on the site idea and layout and content suggestions!

(P.S. - There /will/ be a forum, once I get the site up and going.)
Tickle Tickle 07-16-2005 01:28 PM
I have all of the American version of the Big O manga, and Japanese volumes 6, and both of 'Lost Memory'. I shall start scanning right away!
Pero_Is_Crying 07-16-2005 02:00 PM
Cool beans. I'll help in any way I can, but I've only got 1 book and it sounds like Umino's got it covered. I'll send you my two favorite Beck panels anyway.
BethMcBeth 07-16-2005 02:10 PM
Awesome job! i can draw you up some fan art then! ^_^" Good luck with your site buddy!

-Beth
Mrs. Beck 07-16-2005 02:58 PM
Thanks so much for your support and help, guys! ^_^
Tony Waynewrong 07-16-2005 08:22 PM
Cool deal, Mrs. Beck! I am sure it will rock! Big Grin
Krang 07-16-2005 09:42 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea. Smile If you don't have a host for your site yet, let me know and I can host it for you as either a subdomain or a domain.
Mrs. Beck 07-19-2005 01:29 AM
Yep, I have a host - freewebs. I'm currently designing the layout, though my computer's been having some issues so it may be a bit.
Zayne 07-19-2005 02:06 PM
Good for you, Raven. Can't wait ot get the link.
Mrs. Beck 07-20-2005 01:42 PM
Hey, I finnally started thinking about a name for the site. I've come up with 'The Warehouse', but if anyone has any suggestions, please tell me.

Still waiting for people who'd like to be a part of the staff, if you'd like to PLEASE either post it here or PM me!!!

Content-wise, I've come up with a list of things that'll be on it. Here they are:
Fanwork (fanart and fanfiction)
About Jason Beck
About the Lesser Characters
Episode Information
Images
Forums
Quizzes
Things for You
Manga Appearances
About The Warehouse
About the Staff

If you have anything you'd like to have on there that I haven't mentioned, please post it here or PM me.
Pero_Is_Crying 07-20-2005 02:43 PM
Hmmm. This might be just the excuse I need to try an idea I've been kicking around for a while now-- a funny Beck story told in legal transcript form. Wouldn't you like to hear his take on things as he ingratiates himself to a jury?
Tickle Tickle 07-20-2005 03:12 PM
Will you feature any information on Beck's goons? Including Yam, Beck's girlfriend from the manga?
Mrs. Beck 07-20-2005 03:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pero_Is_Crying
Hmmm. This might be just the excuse I need to try an idea I've been kicking around for a while now-- a funny Beck story told in legal transcript form. Wouldn't you like to hear his take on things as he ingratiates himself to a jury?

Hah, great idea. If you'd write that - then I'll put it into the 'Fanworks' section! That would be great to have in there.

quote:
Will you feature any information on Beck's goons? Including Yam, Beck's girlfriend from the manga?

That depends. I, personally, have only read Volume 2 of the manga (I'm going to buy the others soon, hopefully), so I can't put anything in there myself. However, if a member of the staff - or anyone on the forums (I'll give credit to you) would like to supply info on them, please PM me. I'd love to include info on them, since they are Beck's associates, so please speak up if you're willing to submit a profile for any of them, or maybe facts about them.
Tickle Tickle 07-20-2005 04:05 PM
Beck's three goon are..

Tom, Kun, and Yam (Known as T-Bone, and Dove in the anime) Yam is a manga only character who really has a thing for Beck.

They appear afew times in the Lost Memory manga, if you want scans let me know.
Mrs. Beck 07-21-2005 03:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
Beck's three goon are..

Tom, Kun, and Yam (Known as T-Bone, and Dove in the anime) Yam is a manga only character who really has a thing for Beck.

They appear afew times in the Lost Memory manga, if you want scans let me know.

Fweee! Thankies muchly, I really owe you for all this. Scans would be awsome!!

Update: Here are some positions that I'd like to be filled. Please, people!! Help is appreciated, and I'll say the few guidelines in a second:

Moderaters for the boards- This means you need to . . . well, ok, EVERYONE knows what a moderater is!!
Researcher - Search for info on certain things for the sites, also good images.
Assistant Webmaster/Mistress - Co-owner of the site.

Anything I'm forgetting? This is my first time trying this, so if you've got advice please say so.

Requirements:
1. You need to be very determined, as in persistant to keep to your job. Exception being during the school-year, because even I'm gonna be busy with school then. So I understand that.
2. I'd prefer it if you were at least a little bit of a Beck fan, that would help keep motivation, plus, I don't think Roger fans would enjoy helping keep up a Beck fansite, hm? X)
3. If you'll be gone for awhile, please contact either me, a moderator, or the co-owner about it, so we know.

Lastly, I've finished the layout, I'll be hosting it as soon as my computer gets back in working order! (I've gotta say thanks for letting me write this, Zayne!! X3 Tankies!)
Gummibear 07-21-2005 06:30 PM
I think a fansite for Beck is an awesome idea! I wish you the best of luck. I would like very much to see a Beck fansite up. He is my favorite villain!^.^
Mrs. Beck 07-21-2005 06:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gummibear
I think a fansite for Beck is an awesome idea! I wish you the best of luck. I would like very much to see a Beck fansite up. He is my favorite villain!^.^

^_^ Heh, glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks he's in need of his own bit of fandom.

UPDATE: Due to problems with my computer, it may be a bit 'till I can acctually get started for real on the site, unfortunatly. Sorry for the long wait.
Mrs. Beck 08-02-2005 09:44 AM
Ok, sorry for the double-post everyone, but this thread has been dorment for awhile, and I've got some news and info.

There WILL be an rp board on the forums at The Warehouse, and I'd like to put up the character sign-up sheet over here. Why? Because I know there's tons of great rpers and writers over here who would enjoy the role of an original character.

Here's the list, and if a character is taken, it'll say the rper's username over to the side. If not, it'll say: NONE YET. Alright, so here it is:

Character Name ------ Role-Player

Roger Smith ------ NONE YET

R. Dorothy Waynewright ------ NONE YET

Jason Beck ------ Perro_Is_Crying

Angel ------ NONE YET

Schwartzwald ------ NONE YET

Dan Daustan ------ NONE YET

Alright, well, there ya go! If you have any characters you think I should add to the list, go ahead and say so. Also, if you'd like to take the role of a character, pm me with the name of the character you'd like to rp, and a short one or two paragraph example of how you rp. Don't worry, I'm not going to be a super-harsh judge, but I would like to make sure that the rper has at least a little rping expeirience. After all, these are super-important roles that take alotta commitment.