Iron Man movie announced!

Jonny Axehandle 07-16-2005 10:34 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371746/

Woo! About time they made an Iron Man movie. By the looks of it the plot has changed:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371746/plotsummary

And he is nearly killed by a competitor insted of being in Vietnam. But who cares? This movie will rock.
Mike 07-16-2005 11:16 AM
Iron Man always kicked ass. It's probably better that they change how he got hurt, seeing as how Vietnam was 30 years ago.

Hopefully it won't suck like Fantastic 4. Pity, that was (I think) the series that really put Marvel on the map.
BethMcBeth 07-16-2005 11:31 AM
Coolness I jsut hope that they don't change it around too much looks like fun! ^_^""

-Beth
Travis Bickle 07-16-2005 12:26 PM
I never really got into Iron Man. And, after Fantastic Four, I think I'm going to take a bit of a break from comic book-based movies (except for "V for Vendetta").
seraphjei 07-18-2005 01:32 AM
david hayter? Isnt he the dude who does solid snakes voice in the MEtal Gear series? haha just checking...
Yea man but freaking iron man is gonna be the frick on the stick whenever it comes out...
Travis Bickle 07-18-2005 01:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
david hayter? Isnt he the dude who does solid snakes voice in the MEtal Gear series? haha just checking...

Holy crap! You're right!

This guy has such a huge history with video games and comic books it isn't funny.

Consider me there.
Sir Nise 07-20-2005 10:53 PM
Half-jokingly: I hope they Cast Vin Deisel.

Non-jokingly: It will rock you inthe sock area. All day.

I really hope that they have him use the proton-cannon. God, I love that gun!
Big Money 07-20-2005 11:30 PM
Lawrence Fishburn = War Machine. That would own.

Yeah, I'm going to follow this one.
Sharpshooter005 07-21-2005 12:43 AM
I'm kind of surprised I'm not a bigger iron man fan.

You'd expect something about a guy, in a robotic suit, fighting communists and an assorted grab bag of other baddies (wait..that was what it was about right?) to be something I'd love..but...yeah.

I could see how, if done right, this could be a good movie though. So I suppose I'm excited.
Wazpy 07-21-2005 06:53 AM
I hope there's lots of funny drunk scenes.
David Ryder 07-22-2005 07:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
Yea man but freaking iron man is gonna be the frick on the stick whenever it comes out...

he's also Bernie in Gundam 0080 among other dubs that he's been in.
Sharpshooter005 08-10-2005 08:28 AM
quote:

Well he wrote the screenplay for both x-men movies, as well as..some others, I think. So this isn't totally out of left field or something.
Generalissimo D 04-28-2007 12:03 PM
Hobodoken 04-28-2007 01:01 PM
Is that a magnetic thingy keeping shrapnel from destroying his heart I see?

I hope they aren't having him build that for himself.

They need to keep in the random Asian scientist.
Mr. Peabody 05-05-2007 07:14 PM

Tony Stark's red and gold armor.
Nine Kuze 05-05-2007 07:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody

Tony Stark's red and gold armor.

I hate to sound like an ass and spoil the fun, but I did post this in the Daily Hustler thread.

I'm just saying and nonetheless, the armor does look sweet. And I'm pretty sure he's in it, but I'd like to see what the Mandrain looks like though.
Peace.
Lord Ender von Hellsing 05-05-2007 07:19 PM
Whew... SO it will be the New Avenger armor (I don't like older ones, like the first). And of course, I can't wait till the movie will be released.
Mr. Peabody 05-06-2007 12:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ender von Hellsing
Whew... SO it will be the New Avenger armor (I don't like older ones, like the first). And of course, I can't wait till the movie will be released.

In my view that armor defines all the wrongs Marvel has recently perpetrated on Iron Man: revealing his identity, enforcing super-human registration, betraying his fellow heroes, and throwing in with the government. When fans look back at this era of Iron Man, there won't be many heroic moments to discuss.

I would rather have the classic Iron Man armor in this movie.

Generalissimo D 05-06-2007 12:38 AM
quote:
quote:

In my view that armor defines all the wrongs Marvel has recently perpetrated on Iron Man: revealing his identity, enforcing super-human registration, betraying his fellow heroes, and throwing in with the government. When fans look back at this era of Iron Man, there won't be many heroic moments to discuss.

I would rather have the classic Iron Man armor in this movie.

From a technical perspective, that looks like he'd be stuck in the pose.
Nine Kuze 05-06-2007 12:52 AM
quote:
quote:

I just wanna go on record and say about the Civil War storyline that Peabody seems to be talking about here, I think its important to say that Tony Stark isn't actually a villain by any means. I mean, I can see why people think that, going with the Registration Act, becoming the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D., doing questionable acts such having Spidey unmask himself to the world, cloning Thor, staging his own kidnapping, etc., etc. But the way that Marvel played it out, it wasn't suppose to paint ol' boy in a corner as the "ebil guy". He picked a side of the issue, stuck by it and had the "means justify the ends" device down hard. So yeah, I'm just saying the armor doesn't signify that he's a bad guy or that Iron Man f***ed up.

Besides, it looks cool and D's right about the technical side of the armor being made in reality.
Peace.