Iron Man movie announced!

X Prime 06-28-2007 08:19 PM
And Peabody has. What's your point?

Oh wait... there isn't one! Your point boils down to 'wan conservatives are whining', which is hypocrisy in purest form. Try harder. Anyone with half a brain would concur with Peabody's assessment.
Wazpy 06-28-2007 08:40 PM
Wow, you guys are all so defense. I was never arguing about politics.

I was arguing that you guys don't know crap about Ironman. Reading an interview about one of Marvel's many writers of Civil War does not make you an expert on the story. Ironman is well represented, and in some ways better than Captain America or anybody else.

However, (And here is probably the reason you guys are getting so defensive over nothing) conservatives, without reading it, claim not only does Tony Stark represent them (Which he does not) but that he has been written poorly and turned into a villain. I don't know where the idea started, but every Internet know-it-all thinks it's attack on conservative beliefs. It's no such thing. I wish people would actually pick up some comics and read it before assuming.

I thought it was a pretty decent story too. It's worth reading for more than just the ability to argue. It's much better than House of M or any other crap they usually have.
Hobodoken 06-28-2007 09:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
It's much better than House of M or any other crap they usually have.

Try to tell me the end of Civil War was nearly as good as the end of Annihilation.

spoiler (highlight to read):
Captain America giving up, crying.
or
Nova ripping Anihilus' innards out through his mouth.

Oh, and Planet Hulk was better too, though no idea how WWH will end up.
Wazpy 06-28-2007 09:47 PM
The ending sucked. No debate there.
Mr. Peabody 06-28-2007 10:12 PM
In the Civil War storyarc, Tony Stark:

.Set a clone of Thor loose on Captain America's forces, resulting in the deaths of both the clone and a member of Cap's team.

. Convince Peter Parker/Spider-Man to reveal his identity at a press conference, which resulted in the Parkers being threated by supervillains and the criminally insane. By the end of Civil War, the Parkers were on the run and Aunt May was in a comma from a gunshot meant for Peter.

.Convince Bruce Banner/the Hulk into going into space to dismantle a gamma missile, only the mission was a trick by Stark and the Illuminati (Namor excluded) so they could send the Hulk into exile on an alien planet.

.Start a relationship with Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk, all the while never telling Jennifer that he betrayed her cousin Bruce Banner, and was responsible for his exile. *

So yes, in the eyes of many Marvel readers, Iron Man was the bad guy of Civil War storyarc.

*the Hulk has recently returned to Earth, and boy, is he angry Mad
Wazpy 06-28-2007 10:42 PM
He's a bad guy if you read bullet points. America could be considered bad guys in World War 2 if you just look at "Dropped nuclear bombs on cities."

Civil War wasn't supposed to be a straight up bad vs. good thing, which is what I liked about it... but people turn it into one. It really makes Ironman look bad right before his movie...
X Prime 06-29-2007 01:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken

What was that for, again?
Nine Kuze 06-29-2007 01:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken

What was that for, again?

I think he was saying he didn't like how Cap gave up and cried at the end of Civil War because he saw the mistake in his actions for the Super Human Civil War and all that.

I don't know, I thought that was a great moment to show Cap in his vulnerability and how the whole event affected him as a whole really.
Peace.
X Prime 06-29-2007 02:45 AM
Ahhh, nevermind, that was an utter brain meltdown.
Hobodoken 06-29-2007 10:36 AM
I thought it was unlike him to go from kicking Stark's Iron ass to just giving up. It wouldn't have made any sense for him to have not known that there'd be civilian casualties, he fought in the second World War, he should know damn well there are casualties, and though he shouldn't want them to happen, he shouldn't just give up because some people disagree with him. Hell, he jumped out of a SHIELD Helicarrier and took down a squad of cape-killers based on principles, he should be able to knock out some EMS guys for those same principles.

Also:
quote:
.Convince Bruce Banner/the Hulk into going into space to dismantle a gamma missile, only the mission was a trick by Stark and the Illuminati (Namor excluded) so they could send the Hulk into exile on an alien planet.

Until a recent probably-retcon, it was SHIELD that sent him up, and the Illuminati (with Xavier not there, and Namor voting nay) hijacking the mission after the fact.

quote:
.Start a relationship with Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk, all the while never telling Jennifer that he betrayed her cousin Bruce Banner, and was responsible for his exile. *

Relationship? No, it's just that She-Hulk is supposed to be easy, and Stark wanted to get laid. I mean, a few issues before that, she's trying to get into Wolverine's pants, and her most recent issue depicts that the list of partners Jen Walters has had while She-Hulked takes hours to read.