The "Michael Keaton" thread

NightRanger 07-05-2005 10:28 PM

Michael Keaton's a damned cool actor for sure! He played the best Batman (not even Bale can top him!), he was the one who originally played Beetlejuice, and he even worked with the great Harold Ramis (but I never saw Multiplicity, so I can't give an honest opinion. I am a fan of Harold Ramis' work though). Plus he was also in one of Miyazaki's films! (Porko Rosso). I'd love to check out his earlier work like "Night Shift" and "The Dream Team". He should try and do something with Martin Scorsese or Taylor Hackford or someone like them.
Pygmalion 07-06-2005 12:48 AM
I think Michael Keaton's best performance was in Johnny Dangerously, a send-up of gangster movies. On the other hand, I couldn't abide him in Much Ado About Nothing, but maybe he was playing the role the way Shakespeare intended -- I've never enjoyed the purely comic characters. I did like his voice work in Porco Rosso.

Pygmalion
StevieV019 07-08-2005 08:14 AM
He was good in the movie "Gung-Ho" and "Mr. Mom" as well...classic 80's movies...

Still love him as Batman though...I dont think anyone did it better than him...
NightRanger 07-08-2005 12:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
He was good in the movie "Gung-Ho" and "Mr. Mom" as well...classic 80's movies...

Because nobody did. Big Grin
Travis Bickle 07-08-2005 03:00 PM
quote:

I actually thought Bale was just a bit better. But that's just my opinion.
BethMcBeth 07-11-2005 10:49 PM
Ah so he voiced Porco very interesting because the voice and named seem to be fimilliar to me coolness. I am unsure if I have seen any live action movies or if I have I can't remeber I'll look into that.

-Beth
Madrona 11-16-2005 11:38 AM
I really hadn't paid much attention to Michael Keaton until he played Batman.

I think he gave a solid performance in "Clean and Sober". It was released the same year as "Batman". I suppose the one thing these movies had in common was a really messed up main character.
Kairi 11-16-2005 12:18 PM
EDIT: Hah.
Nine Kuze 11-16-2005 12:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
quote:

I actually thought Bale was just a bit better. But that's just my opinion.

Personally, I thought that Christian Bale was the best "Bruce Wayne" there was in the Batman trilogy. But when it came to actually wearing the Batsuit and using the deep voice, Michael Keaton was the best Batman, hands down.
Peace.