The Warhammer 40,000 Thread

Captain Maw 07-05-2005 06:30 AM
OK, well i've started this thread for the following reasons: i love the RTS's that Relic have made for the universe (although i was never a fan of the actual table-top or w/e), and the coming of the new expansion pack for Dawn of War is getting me worked up.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Winter Assault comes out Fall this year (2005)
comes with the new race: The Imperial Guard (got me peeved, cuz they suxored in the dawn of war)
and a much longer campaign (main reason i'm buying it)

i cannot wait.
Captain Maw 07-22-2005 03:50 AM
oh wow, somebody get this on the "Games that get unnoticed" Thread.
*sorry for the double post
Travis Bickle 07-22-2005 04:19 AM
Wait...Warhammer the kick ass model role playing thingy or the video game series based on it? Because if it's about the role playing Warhammer 40k, the 4 (sometimes 5) other people in the band that I was in during high school were known to wield a mean set of paints.
Captain Maw 09-04-2005 11:04 PM
Warhammer 40K: Winter Assault's coming out on Sept. 19th.
buy it, or leave it.
or leave it....
Trotsky 09-05-2005 01:41 PM
i know i'm gunna get it, i'm a big fan of Inquisitor. and the table top, the computer game was great two.

tau fire thingie wasent that good at all, a person weaker than a human carring a gun the size of a table top.... is NEVER going to happen.
Sharpshooter005 09-05-2005 07:53 PM
I stopped playing the tabletop game. But it is hard not to like something that involves inquisitors, and demonhunters who wear pages from books secured to their armor via large wax seals.
Captain Maw 09-05-2005 10:38 PM
never played the tabletop...
how is it?
it seemed really complicated, not to mention difficult to assemble and paint.
although they looked real good.
Hienrich Ele 09-05-2005 11:14 PM
My younger brother is an avid player on both the Tabletop and the Dawn of War game.

He got me to try to play the tabletop game. But I am FAR to cheap to play it, so he got me a few Imperial Guard pieces. They are harder to paint then they look.

I tried the Dawn of War game. Looks neat, but I didn't get into it. Plus, the voice of the "Yes, most benevolent one" thingey annoyed me to no end.

But my brother will get the expansion. And he will, no doubt, force me to try it once.
Trotsky 09-06-2005 12:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Maw
never played the tabletop...
how is it?
it seemed really complicated, not to mention difficult to assemble and paint.
although they looked real good.

i dont like the over all table top because it gets expensive. i love painting and building the models tho.

Inquisitor is more like DandD, you build one model to what you want your person to be, then you dont have to spend any more money =D

then they run around on table top shooting echother, and loping off things.
Generalissimo D 04-23-2006 10:22 PM
Dawn of War keeps me entertained most of the week through its skirmish feature, and with my recent aquisition of the expansion pack, I can safely say the Imperial Guard is my race of choice.

Reading what I can on the tabletop game, I'd like to play it. Sadly, budget restraints (can we say $0?) will prevent me.

:/
Generalissimo D 07-31-2006 03:57 PM
As some of you may have guessed by my signature, I love this game.

And I wouldn't mind playing another forum member online though...

look for [SMCSM]dynamo or virusDynamo around the Cadian gate. Big Grin
Generalissimo D 10-26-2006 10:35 PM
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade launched liek last week.

Hybrid expansion ftw.