The Insomnia Thread

Collateral 08-09-2005 11:33 AM
Last night I couldn't sleep because I was thinking too much. Normally what I do when this happens is turn my TV on and change the channel to the music ones. I sometimes put it on singers and jazz but last night I put it on light classical which was kind of a mistake because one of the songs had a piccolo in it and I started thinking about my band days...I miss those.
Captain Maw 08-14-2005 12:15 AM
hmmm.. . cerpin got me thinking: maybe i don't sleep cuz i don't do nothing but bum around and try to get free cash. eh.
so... i'm going to maui soon, i guess that's perfect cuz since flights screw up sleep patterns, mine are already messed up, so they'll correct them, and i'll fine tune it on the Isle's.
so i guess this thread will not see me until school starts, and work and goofing off will keep me up.
Shaoblane 08-20-2005 02:23 AM
I got a baby kitten the other day, and MAN is it dependant. This is the closest thing I've ever expierienced to being a real mother.

I mean, it knows how to, say, take a dump, but it wont do it unless I carry it to the bathroom and set it in the litter box. It wears a diaper (sorta thingy) at night. Gotta go to the bathroom before bed and first thing in the morning, and twice during the day.

Then, reading the insturctions from the humane society. Since she's only a kitten...I dont know, but I'm supposed to give her moist food for her first munch of the day, and leave dry food out.

This has got to be the most affectionate kitty on the planet. If I leave her alone, she cries and cries and cries...If she's near me but not on my lap, chest, or shoulder, she'll try to get there, and she wont stop trying, or CRYING, until she's there.

And, she's taken to sleeping in my bed. Really, I dont mind, as long as she has her diaper on. THEN, she has to be cuddled up to me, or on me. That's fine too, but it's HOT! It'd be even more fine if it were December.

Today, I realized that kitty has an infection. (Spaying stitches, looks nasty.) First, I wasnt sure what it was, so I called the humane society and described it, and they said to bring her into the emergency clinic immediately. At 10:00 pm? GOSH! I printed out Mapquest directions, loaded her up, and after about an hour of driving, I STILL didnt know where I was, and only had 1/8th tank left. PLUS, kitty had chewed and cried her way out of her box and was now settled on my lap, trying to climb up my chest. I hate it when she looks up at me with those eyes. THEIR SO CUTE! Thats what they do to me. They send me into cute fits. I pulled over where I could and I petted and stroked her until she fell asleep, and drove to the apartment the rest of the way with no problem. Now, she's sitting on the computer desk in front of me, sleeping quietly.

Now it's 12:30 and I'm makin' ramen. *grumble*

I'm not going to give her away though. I told Dad I wanted a little one so I could raise it and watch it grow, and thats what I'm going to do. It's so cute!!! <3<3<3

She's a black domestic shorthair. I've named her Kuronekosama. Of course. ^^ <3<3<3
Captain Maw 08-30-2005 04:54 AM
ugh. so freak'in late! i've completely reversed my circadian rythms due to... school coming?
anyways. i too have gotten a cat. actually... i'm taking care of my sister's cat, Chaz, while she' s in college. today i went to PetCo. and got this special litter box that sifts the litter and covers it as well. plus two sock catnip toys. about forty bucks. not bad. so far, she's learned how to climb my bunk bed. who knows what tomorrow will bring?
The Baker St. Irregular 09-04-2005 04:30 AM
For almost five hours straight, I've either been staring blankly at my anime download inch along, or at this very, very amusing website. It's exactly 4:30 A.M. right now. Thank god I have no homework and that it's Labor Day weekend.

Ugggggghhhh. I want my One Piece episodes NOW.
Zopwx2 09-04-2005 04:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
For almost five hours straight, I've either been staring blankly at my anime download inch along, or at this very, very amusing website. It's exactly 4:30 A.M. right now. Thank god I have no homework and that it's Labor Day weekend.

Ugggggghhhh. I want my One Piece episodes NOW.

Ah lots of good 80's stuff on that site.

Anyway, I was badgered into getting a so called "Facebook" and I've been fiddling with it and looking up old elementry school people and seeing what happend to them......
Lyinginbedmon 10-08-2005 02:24 PM
My brain won't turn off, and (so?) I'm inherently nocturnal
The Baker St. Irregular 10-29-2005 06:14 AM
I haven't gotten very much sleep over the past fourty-eight hours (perhaps five in total). Currently, I am typing away on my friend's computer at her house where I am supposed to be participating in a post-pre-Halloween party sleep-over. No such luck, seeing as the only place for me is to sleep on a thinly-carpeted floor. A floor. Crying Also, my hair is mostly covered in yellow hair paint (I cosplayed as Sanji Pleased ), and I think it has been slowly invading my respiratory system, particle by particle. X__X

Hopefully, I'll be able to go home in a couple of hours and return to my bed for some sweet, sweet sleepin'.
Zopwx2 10-29-2005 07:46 AM
Just a btw: living in the dorms will make you unable to sleep ever.
The Baker St. Irregular 01-29-2007 01:28 AM
Bringin' it back, Nine style. Cool

I cannot sleep because I am bored. I have nothing much to aspire to, so it doesn't matter if I'm a zombie during class. I need a job, a different major, and more House DVDs.
Lyinginbedmon 01-29-2007 02:28 AM
quote:
I need a job, a different major, and more House DVDs.

Don't we all Big Grin
Nine Kuze 01-30-2007 11:57 AM
quote:
Bringin' it back, Nine style. Cool

I lub you too, Mistress. ^_^

Also, yeah I've been dealing with the same thing over the past two nights. My thing as always been if I sleep early, I'll wake up early. Say if I sleep at 11:00, I will wake up at 2:30 in the morning like clockwork and I won't be able to sleep again until 6:00. Lately, I've just been listening to music, doing some recreational reading and some reading for my classes, and watching Ghost in the Shell. So yeah.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 04-26-2007 04:21 AM
I think my true calling in life is to somehow professionally dump used motor oil into the habitats of endangered animals. The reason why is I have overdue work in this piddling biology course which, as a history major, I have to take presumably because god has some inexplicable thing against me.

One of these things would be done if I really gave a damn about alternative fuel sources outside of "How cool would it be if OPEC had no power and was made to cry like a bitch" written in fifty point bold red font.

edit: and by OPEC I mean the countries which make up OPEC. By which I really mean I want to split hugo chavez's kneecaps open with a claw hammer.
Lyinginbedmon 04-26-2007 09:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
I think my true calling in life is to somehow professionally dump used motor oil into the habitats of endangered animals. The reason why is I have overdue work in this piddling biology course which, as a history major, I have to take presumably because god has some inexplicable thing against me.

One of these things would be done if I really gave a damn about alternative fuel sources outside of "How cool would it be if OPEC had no power and was made to cry like a bitch" written in fifty point bold red font.

edit: and by OPEC I mean the countries which make up OPEC. By which I really mean I want to split hugo chavez's kneecaps open with a claw hammer.

Speaking of alternative power sources, I happen to have a couple of theories and designs on that topic. Unfortunately, none of which are patented Tongue
re-animate 04-27-2007 10:07 PM
(in correspondance to last night.)

Well i suffer from insomnia as a mental issue :/ but typically i get at least a little sleep.

However last night i decided to begin playing starcraft again. IM STILL PLAYING! I DITCHED CLASS TODAY! I AM A FREAK! OH GOD
The Baker St. Irregular 05-31-2007 03:19 AM
Recent circumstances have forced me to abandon my brain, and instead replace it with late-nite Pokeymans Pearl playing.