King Kong

Lupin IV 07-03-2005 07:59 PM
http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=3228

Is anyone here going to see this film? Seeing the trailer in War/Worlds, I thought it didn't look to grand, though a short shot of Kong turning over a car in the middle of a busy street looked kind of cool...

Hmm...Peter Jackson is directing though.
Sharpshooter005 07-03-2005 08:02 PM
Probably not..but...I was never a huge king kong fan anyway

Interesing sidenote: I can still remember, as a kid, seeing "Godzilla vs King Kong" on t.v. and basically screaming at my television "WHAT THE HELL. FRYING A MONKEY WITH POWER LINES GIVES HIM SUPERPOWERS!?" (okay, just...with alot more profanity involved.)

...No really, thats probably the lamest plot device ever. He's electrocuted by high tension lines and somehow this makes him able to just effortlessly defeat Godzilla, despite having been basically pummled mercilessly up to that point.
Almasy 07-03-2005 08:13 PM
It looks really crappy.

Ew.
Lupin IV 07-03-2005 08:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
It looks really crappy.

Ew.

Hee heh, my thoughts upon watching the trailer Big Grin
Zopwx2 07-03-2005 09:07 PM
Haven't we already seen Jurrasic Park?

Anyway Jack Black = wtf

I may skip this one.

And why didn't the take a t-rex back with them instead of a giant ape....
088nd 07-03-2005 09:23 PM
Just another really bad looking remake.
Patsai 07-03-2005 09:34 PM
The screenshot of the Ape reminds me of George Bush.
Lupin IV 07-03-2005 09:45 PM
I could be wrong, but from what i've heard that dino is Godzilla...

:shudders:

I dunno whether to laugh or cry.
Sharpshooter005 07-03-2005 10:29 PM
quote:

..You know I'd never thought of that, but good point.

Okay so you're on this island, and you need to bring back a jaw dropping wonder to shock and amaze people. You find a big ape, thats nice and all..

But the island also has prehistoric creatures, creatures that are extinct save for this one location.

Guess which one makes more sense in terms of a bigger draw.

Also, is a T-Rex going to screw you over by fixating on some broad and dragging her to the top of a building? It's a DINOSAUR for crying out loud, if it breaks free you just kill it, then sell the corpse to palentologists. Theres no way to lose on that deal.
lts_silver 07-04-2005 12:15 AM
I really liked the original King Kong, so I will probably go this one in the theatre as well.
088nd 07-04-2005 10:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

..You know I'd never thought of that, but good point.

Okay so you're on this island, and you need to bring back a jaw dropping wonder to shock and amaze people. You find a big ape, thats nice and all..

But the island also has prehistoric creatures, creatures that are extinct save for this one location.

Guess which one makes more sense in terms of a bigger draw.

Also, is a T-Rex going to screw you over by fixating on some broad and dragging her to the top of a building? It's a DINOSAUR for crying out loud, if it breaks free you just kill it, then sell the corpse to palentologists. Theres no way to lose on that deal.

Remember Jurassic Park 2 Roll Eyes
Croix 07-05-2005 10:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
Anyway Jack Black = wtf

That was my first reaction too. Though I do think it might be interesting to see him in a somewhat more serious role. I'll probably see this, if just to see the Kong/T-rex bout(I'm easily amused and the idea of a giant ape taking on one of the biggest carnivorous reptiles is potential good entertainment in my book).
Lupin IV 12-11-2005 10:52 PM
Zomg Bump.

So, now that the movie is opening this week...is anyone going to see it? I admit I've done a complete 180 from my initial reactions. I am completely psyched to see this flick now.
Travis Bickle 12-11-2005 10:55 PM
I saw a press showing of it and thought it was meh. Not that good of a movie, really. But then again everyone thinks my opinions are "teh gay".
Nine Kuze 12-12-2005 11:00 AM
Just about any movie that has anything to do with an Oscar gets me interested and this one is no different. I've been wanting to see this movie since I heard that ol' boy Peter Jackson would be directing it.

I kind of agree with you guys about the Jack Black casting thing. I mean, the same guy from School of Rock? But it will be nice to see him in a serious role in a blockbuster epic like this and I've already heard some pretty damn good reviews about it so, I'm waiting after final exams to go see it.
Peace.
Mr. Peabody 12-12-2005 05:22 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this one. Peter Jackson will surpass the classic in not just special effects, but in drama. I mean, honestly, Fay Wray didn't give a damn about Kong.
Nine Kuze 12-13-2005 01:20 PM
Yeah, I'm very exicted to see this movie. Last night, I saw a clip of the film where King Kong is causin' a sorts of havoc on in New York, New York. Adrien Brody steals a cab and tries to distract Kong and lore him away from people. Kong sees Brody, gets pissed and chases hm throught out the city.

All in all, I'm excitied to see this movie.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 12-13-2005 01:53 PM
I sort of want to see this. Mainly to see how they do the Skull Island sequences. Which were always the more interesting part of the story to me.

Then again...I'm not too much of a Kong fan. And heres a visual explanation of why.

ELECTROCUTING A MONKEY DOES NOT MAKE IT STRONGER. AND WHY IS KING KONG THE SIZE OF GODZILLA.

Terrible movie, really.

edit: Also apparently Peter Jackson has said that after two huge blockbusters (well..four if you count the lord of the rings seperately, instead of just as a trilogy), he wants to return to smaller, low budget movies for a while...quite possibly a zombie movie. Since apparently he made one once, and also in the interview he specifically mentioned Shaun of the Dead and how he was jealous of the fun they seemed to have making it.

So...peter jackson zombie movie? That cant possibly be bad.
Nine Kuze 12-13-2005 02:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
I sort of want to see this. Mainly to see how they do the Skull Island sequences. Which were always the more interesting part of the story to me.

Then again...I'm not too much of a Kong fan. And heres a visual explanation of why.

ELECTROCUTING A MONKEY DOES NOT MAKE IT STRONGER. AND WHY IS KING KONG THE SIZE OF GODZILLA.

Terrible movie, really.

edit: Also apparently Peter Jackson has said that after two huge blockbusters (well..four if you count the lord of the rings seperately, instead of just as a trilogy), he wants to return to smaller, low budget movies for a while...quite possibly a zombie movie. Since apparently he made one once, and also in the interview he specifically mentioned Shaun of the Dead and how he was jealous of the fun they seemed to have making it.

So...peter jackson zombie movie? That cant possibly be bad.

Yeah, I read an interview with Peter Jackson about that too (Can you believe that the dude is now skinny?!) and he said that he wants to go back to making smaller, less-commercial horror movies. He's done it before and its Jackson, so it can't be that bad.

Godzilla movies... all of them are a piece of crap in my book and yeah, wouldn't electrocuting an ape such as King Kong actually kill it then make it the size of Godzilla? But what the hell do I know? Actually, this is why I don't like Godzilla movies rather than King Kong because the crap never mind any type of logical sense to me. Whatever, I'm seeing it and it will be a good waste of three hours and around 21 minutes.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 12-13-2005 06:31 PM
If my memory serves, Peter Jackson made the bloodiest movie of all time.

And I'm going to try to see this movie...somehow.