Adult Swim Thread
| lhlam |
07-06-2005 02:10 AM |
Spectacular... Lupin literally DROPPED dead from 12 votes to zero within several hours.
But so spectacular that we were immediately accused of being fake (one person casting many votes by using multiple accounts). Spacehog, I see a friend of yours has cleared our name, but he also told everybody in the competition that you enlisted your roomates to vote... I hope the other groups of fans won't imitate and start a war of anime worlds...
Originally I planned to be more low key and saved such a specutacular kill for our "final stage." Now we have to plan for a even BIGger one for that.
And I hope those fans of other characters won't be too irritated after they wake up and find out what happen. Retaliation, that is what I am now expecting. Tomorrow is critical to measure the opponents' power and ours.
Let's focus on the next targets: Robin (12) and the Blue (18 ).
Added at 8:40am: And vote more quitely -- worked-up opponents now indeed have reacted to jointly attack Roger. We don't need to shout back with strong language. Just a vote is a solid enough answer to them.
| Spacehog |
07-06-2005 09:00 AM |
Well said, I'll pass the word along to my roomates.
| Lupin IV |
07-06-2005 10:59 PM |
This is so funny. But cool
| Captain Maw |
07-07-2005 12:56 AM |
yeah, Robin's gonna die. threw in my vote. plus roger minus robin. robin got four now.
| lhlam |
07-07-2005 02:38 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Spacehog
Well said, I'll pass the word along to my roomates. |
There was a confusion about the "blockage" against newcomers to Adult Swim boards today. One anti-Roger guy suggested it, and the host who counts the votes apparently followed. And the host himself seemed to be still disturbed by yesterday's surprise assault by Spacehog and his friends. So the host became a bit sour and anti-Big-O too. But the whole situation has been resolved by diplomatic "negotiation" that has pacified him a bit. I didn't report this until the issue was over, because I didn't want to stimulate the host any further.
Also many thanks to Zola, the leader of Save Big, who timely intervened when the situation began to go out of control.
So it's now very important not to be too aggressive in our language. That will definitely backfire. And even if you have some friends voting with you, try to scatter a bit (DON"T VOTE IN A LINE WITHIN SECONDS) so that people won't get unnecessarily over-alarmed.
Spacehog, still waiting for your supporting fire, which is going to take Robin and The Blue down by the morning.
Added at 12:36pm: Where are you and your union friends, Spacehog? Roger's votes now keep dropping under heavy enemy's fire!
| Captain Maw |
07-07-2005 02:28 PM |
ok... good stuff, so far. first of all: how do we know somebody isn't narcing on us? seeing this thread and telling the host, etc.? also: maybe we should engineer it so that we only call in backup when we are getting low. if we get too high, we might attract more enemies who will unite against us. we should at least keep a 6 vote high, other than that, no reinforcements will help quell the suspicions.
| lhlam |
07-07-2005 03:51 PM |
No, to let Roger dwindle like this will mean the game will never end. Enlarging our distance from other opponents is necessary. The point is NOT to avoid offending our opponents by our votes. That's inevitable thanks to the nature of the game of "elimination." The point is we should avoid turning even the host against us, and we should avoid being suspected of faking our votes, because we are not.
| Dark-0 |
07-07-2005 09:13 PM |
Roger Smith is in the 60's right now but the person who made the topic isn't happy with the results. So please just ignore the guy and continue to vote for Roger! It's Show Time!
| Captain Maw |
07-07-2005 11:26 PM |
ok, that's cool
casted my vote: +Roger Smith
-Kiba
"one small step for Cpt.Maw, one giant leap for PCFkind."
| lhlam |
07-07-2005 11:33 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Spacehog
Well said, I'll pass the word along to my roomates. |
Well said and done, Dark O and Captain Maw, but where is Spacehog? He didn't vote yesterday. We need more manpower; under severe hostile fire Roger has remained in 60s since yesterday. We've got to break through this bottleneck.
Yeah, Captain Maw, with Robin and the Blue gone, Kiba (21) is the next.
| Spacehog |
07-08-2005 12:37 AM |
Sorry about the abscence people, I have returned and voted + Roger, - Kiba. I thought it would be best to take a day off to cool off some of the un-neccassary tempers that were flaring around me and my roomates voting. They are basically turned off to the whole thing now that they were accused of cheating, so we are on our own. I will be in Canada for a week starting tomorrow, but I'll get online up there when I can to vote. Maybe when I get back I'll talk one or two of my buddies into voting again, and yes we will be more discreet this time.
That was bad judgement on my part last time. Alright people, I'll talk to you more when I can. ACTION!!!
| lhlam |
07-09-2005 11:35 PM |
With Spacehog having a vacation in Canada, Roger is still struggling in his 60s. Friday his votes reached 63, but stayed around 66 Saturday night. Meanwhile, his opponents Spike and Vash jumped from 41 to 48. While I feel a bit sad for both the cynicism of some Big O fans and the irrational anti-Big-O sentiments out there, I still hope that Roger will finally get over 70 with more support.
| lhlam |
07-12-2005 01:07 AM |
Emergency situation!
Roger's votes dropped drastically from mid-60s to mid-50s yesterday! The distance from the second runner is shortened to 5 only! It's okay for me if winning the game doesn't really bring about the 3rd season, but it would be pretty bad if losing the game becomes the excuse for CN never to renew Big O again...
In order to gain back the lost ground, not only do we have to have more people to vote, but our strategy of eliminating the weakest has to be postponed. For now we have to keep our distance from the second best opponent, namely Spike, who has 53. Concentrate our fire on him for the time being...
| BethMcBeth |
07-12-2005 11:01 AM |
Alrighty i was trying to figure out how to vote but i have no idea what is up with the plus and minus? If someone could please tell me that so I can vote right. Thank you.
-Beth
| Pygmalion |
07-12-2005 11:03 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by BethMcBeth
Alrighty i was trying to figure out how to vote but i have no idea what is up with the plus and minus? If someone could please tell me that so I can vote right. Thank you.
-Beth |
You vote minus on one character and plus on another to keep the total number of votes constant. When a character gets to zero votes, he's dropped. That's already happened to Inuyasha and is about to happen to Conan.
Pygmalion
| lhlam |
07-12-2005 08:51 PM |
The situation cannot be any worse: Roger slided from 50s to 40s within one day. The 20-vote lead evaporated in the last 48 hours...
54 - Spike
59 - Vash
51 - Ed
35 - Kazuma
39 - Major
22 - Lil Slugger
48 - Mugen
48 - Roger Smith
43 - Haruko
To anyone who cares, just click the following link; but remember to turn to the last page (now it's page 18, but will be page 19 before long), and check out the updated list. In order to vote, just indicate the subtraction of one vote from one character and add it to Roger, like this:
+ Roger
- Vash
http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/bo...cending&page=18
| Spacehog |
07-14-2005 09:38 PM |
Well, I'm back from Canada. My God! People are really being ridiculous with this whole thing aren't they? I'm going to get my brother voting with me today, so hopeufully no one complains. Let's take down Lil Slugger next.
| Spacehog |
07-15-2005 01:30 PM |
I think that we will be able to win this if we are patient. Negative votes made by people that are bitter will fade away eventually. Only people that are actually rooting for someone will stick around to vote long-term. So even if Roger drops temporarily, we should still come out on top if we can out last these people. That's what I think at least.
| Sir Nise |
07-15-2005 02:24 PM |
I voted for Roger and minus 1 for someone lame, i think Naruko. How long does the competition run?
| Big Money |
07-15-2005 02:31 PM |
lol Naruko...
Yeah, I'm voting as Notproz, because I forgot my Big Money themed login...