Milli Vanilli!

Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 07-01-2005 02:26 AM
Now, for my favourite band to make fun of! Big Grin These guys did it all, or rather, they didn't do anything. Laughing

My favourite Milli Vanilli moment HAS to be their appearance on the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon. I'd kill to have that on tape!
Collateral 07-01-2005 02:28 AM
Who are they? Do you have a pic?
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 07-01-2005 03:04 AM
I don't have a pic on hand, but they were a bad early 1990s pop-duo that was corny and fun to make fun of, and even guest starred in the Mario cartoon. But then, they got caught lip-syching, and just became even more of a joke after that!

Making fun of them has since been a favourite passtime of mine!

Go MILLI VANNILI Go!!!
Travis Bickle 07-01-2005 10:20 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GIRL YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!

Their like what Dan Brown is to the world of literature: not good. Not good at all.
Collateral 07-01-2005 10:23 AM
Is this them?
Sephiroth 07-01-2005 11:54 AM
Milli Vanilli is truly a wonderful band to joke about. I try to sing a song of theirs once a day to keep my sense of humor up to par. The fact that they were not only lip syncing, but that they were doing it to terrible songs is just too funny to pass up. However, like the late Rick James said on "I Love the 80s", "If I offered you all the money you want, all the girls you want, and all the drugs you want, how would you not do what they did?" Plus, its all fine and good to make fun of them, but lets not forget that one of the members killed himself, and I believe the other died as well. Is it a comedy or a tragedy? I lean toward Comedy. What can you say but, "Blame it on the rain".

Oh and Collateral, that Is NOT the lip-syncing Milli Vanilli. At least I don't think it is. Milli Vanilli was originally two guys who looked like your average fake pop stars.
Lady Tesser 07-01-2005 12:24 PM
These dudes (just type in the name in Google images) - The Lip-Sync-ing Parts

(Yes, they won GRAMMIES for their act, before anyone found out. I was one of the few who suspected something, but didn't know until the scandal finally surfaced.)
Pie_Junkie 07-05-2005 11:49 PM
Wow, someone listens to Milli Vanilli. I thought my mom and I were the only ones.
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 07-08-2005 10:55 PM
I was on vacation recently, and I got to go to "Party City". Anyway, they do party themes there, and I asked if there was a "Washed-Up Pop-stars" theme (feat. Milli Vanilli stuff, WHAM stuff, Marky Mark stuff, etc.), and HE GOT MY JOKE! He even laughed!

I just LOVE trying out new material on the road. Laughing
BethMcBeth 07-09-2005 11:52 AM
Hhaha I think one of the campers here was playing thier cd I thought it was the most funniest thing on earth defently great for a laugh!

-Beth
DJX Prime 07-13-2005 12:18 AM
OMG! That's one of those moments that's going to haunt me!

Say, does anyone remember watching that Super Mario Bros. episode AFTER they found out they were lip-synching? I seem to recall that they took their songs out of it and put in something generic when they sang.
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 07-13-2005 02:49 AM
Aw man! I can't believe they'd edit that wonderful piece of pop-culture! I hope they do an UNEDITED DVD release.
Sir Nise 07-13-2005 11:35 PM
What?! THey were on the Mario Bros. Show?!?!?! Shocked Yeah, they were a weak a*s band when they started. Everyone in the hood knew they were fakin'.