Tales of Phantasia: THE ANIMATION

Asirt 06-23-2005 10:24 AM

Summary [Provided by Anime News Network] -

Cless Alvein, a young swordsman from the town of Totus, along with his friend Mint Adnade, a healer with the talent of Mana, are sent back in time to defeat Dhaos, a sorcerer imprisoned by their parents decades ago. Along with the help of the archer Chester Barklight, the summoner Klarth F. Lester and the half-elf Arche Klaine, they seek to right the wrongs of Dhaos and return peace to the land!

Current Info -

All of the DVDs of the OVA has been released in Japan. People were very disappointed with the final episode, considering the fact that there were many delays on the final DVD. There is an US release in the works coming in January 2007. There are also currently plans for a Tales of Symphonia animated series sometime in 2007.

OP's Opinion -

One of my favorite RPG games of all time is Tales of Phantasia. I liked how the storyline was, and the graphics were pretty good for its time. I currently enjoy the SNES version along with the PSX version. Personally, I think this OVA should last at least 13 or 26 episodes. If you haven't played the game yet, you may be lost in the OVA, but overall, it's a great series that the fans will enjoy.
Asirt 10-13-2006 11:03 PM
Well, people, looks like the series will be released in the US on January 16, 2007. Honestly, though, I was disappointed in the final episode; I was expecting something better. Here's hoping the upcoming Tales of Symphonia OVA will be better.
David Ryder 10-14-2006 12:55 AM
Ah nice thread Asrit. I to enjoyed Tales of Phantasia and the Tales games in general.
Sara Comatori 10-16-2006 05:23 PM
YES!! Please be a Symphoina Anime, PLEASE!! Phantasia will be fun. Will it follow the game?
Asirt 10-16-2006 08:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Comatori
YES!! Please be a Symphonia Anime, PLEASE!! Phantasia will be fun. Will it follow the game?

I've already seen the ToP OVA, and it more or less follows the game. However, due to the short amount of episodes, expect a lot of scene skipping throughout the OVA. This series was meant for those who played and beaten the game, anyway.

Anyway, Here's ToS OVA's web site, although it's not much right now.

----------------

quote:
Can you see ToP on youtube?

Yes.
Sara Comatori 10-16-2006 10:17 PM
Can you see ToP on youtube?