The Black Eyed Peas

Patsai 06-20-2005 10:55 PM
I'm sure by now some people have heard about this band. Normally I'm the one to hate rap music but these guys have something that seperates them from the norm and makes them all the while worth listening to. They make a lot of music that pretty much focuses on, well the music, never politics or problems. They're also a pretty ethnically diverse band. An Asian (filipino to be exact, which by the way I am as well), a black person, a latina, and a native american. I could be wrong about the last guy I mentioned, but that's what he looks like from the common jawbones Native Americans carry.

My little brother got me into them when he bought Monkey Business today, and I immediately got up to the beat of "Don't Phunk with my Heart". These guys take rap to a whole new level, and it's something that really is needed from all the "Slim Shady" and "drug dealers" that have poisoned the genre.
Travis Bickle 06-20-2005 11:06 PM
One of the few (possibly only) current rap groups that I have respect for. My ex burned me a copy of their last album, and I enjoyed it. Their old stuff is pretty good, too. I have yet to hear their new album.
Zopwx2 06-20-2005 11:26 PM
My dad likes them for some reason.
Redd 06-26-2005 07:54 PM
Yeah... I don't like rap either, but I love the Black Eyed Peas. Their music is fun. Big Grin
Collateral 06-28-2005 11:40 PM
I like them as well and I personally don't like rap too much.
dtk91 06-29-2005 01:10 AM
I feel extreme dislike towards rap... but I like their music because its exciting... and doesn't sound like rap somehow?
Captain Maw 06-29-2005 07:28 PM
yeah, the black eyed peas are very talented. took them a while to hit mainstream.
David Ryder 06-30-2005 08:59 AM
not a rap fan myself and not much a black eyed peas fan either. although I do give them props for playing their own instraments (a rare thing in the rap world.).
Collateral 06-30-2005 04:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
not a rap fan myself and not much a black eyed peas fan either. although I do give them props for playing their own instraments (a rare thing in the rap world.).

I didn't know that. That is pretty cool.
Travis Bickle 06-30-2005 04:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
although I do give them props for playing their own instraments (a rare thing in the rap world.).

The Roots do the same thing, as do the Beastie Boys. And, if you do remember him at all, Afroman did the same. I don't listen to any of the three, but I still think it's pretty cool.
Collateral 06-30-2005 07:35 PM
Who has seen the video for Don't Phunk with my Heart? It was preetty funny! Big Grin
Travis Bickle 06-30-2005 07:38 PM
I just heard their new album thanks to my 16 year old cousin. I don't care for it at all. They should have kept the same vibe going that they had with the previous album.
Gummibear 06-30-2005 09:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
My dad likes them for some reason.

hehe! Yes my father does as well. He likes them more than I do and he usually has an extreme distaste for rap ( he was in a rock band when he was in high school). I think they are an interesting group, their music is very lively and unique.