Eminem

dancinggummi88 06-14-2005 07:25 AM
okay......

in my opinion i think that Eminem is just about the best rapper around.
his music is so real and emotional. and within the ages he's shown just about two sides of himself, he shows his rage for his ex-gf kim, but then he shows love and compassion for hallie an lany.

And the guy has great rythem and its the kind of music that just wants to make you laugh your ass off....... i mean that song on his most recent album Encore , your just a meany, or the one that he did with D12, " My band" was hilarious, and the video that went with it was just silly. lol
Gummibear 06-14-2005 09:39 AM
I think what you've said is true, whether people like him or not he diffenately has done something innovative with the genre and has managed to establish himself as one of the most popular. He knows how to have fun with what he is doing and I believe that is one of the most notable things about him as a rapper.
Travis Bickle 06-14-2005 09:57 AM
Personally, I think he's an ass. He exploits his family members for popularity, and is probobly just a scared little white boy deep down inside. Who the hell talks about killing their wife and raping their mother and sells records for doing so?

Allow me to compare him to Marilyn Manson:

Both him and Marilyn Manson are in search after one thing: shock value. Manson does (actually...did) things that stun and/or amaze his audiences in some sort of negative way, but actaully gained popularity by doing so. Now, I myself happen to be a big Manson fan, but I know that half the crap that he says/does is fake. He used to be a goddamn band geek in High School and played the flute. That's not really metal, now is it? No. It isn't.

Both Marilyn Manson and Eminem are talented in some ways. Manson and his backing band (before late 2004, that is) are/were amazing and, in my opinion, play some of the best commercial metal out there. Eminem is very talented in the sense that he can pretty much instantly create rap songs (freestyles) and make them instant sucsesses. However, both Manson and Eminem's careers are slowly fading away, despite the fact that Eminem has his own clothing line and everybody wants to be him (am I wrong?). Excpect from both Manson and Eminem a new album that's even more shocking than anything they've ever done, just so they can get back to where they were originally.

quote:
Originally posted by Gummibear
...whether people like him or not he diffenately has done something innovative with the genre...

It is true that he's done a lot to the genre of rap (when did they start calling it Hip Hop!?), but is it for the better? I mean, the crap that spews out of his mouth is sometimes something that would piss me off (and I cross the line a lot). Plus, he gave the world G Unit, which is more of a negative thing than anything. How the youth of today idolize an ex-crack dealer who's proud of being shot 9 times and living and is just another generic rapper amazes me.
dancinggummi88 06-14-2005 10:21 AM
allot of what you said is true.....
but there are some things that you have kind of twisted...
eventhought 50 cent was a crack dealer and was shot 9 times... it also shows how anyone make it even when they are stuck in the gutter
Travis Bickle 06-14-2005 10:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dancinggummi88
eventhought 50 cent was a crack dealer and was shot 9 times... it also shows how anyone make it even when they are stuck in the gutter

Yes, but he glorifies it. He has no qualms about it. In fact, there's a movie and video game coming out about it, sort of praising it. He's not trying to show that "this is how it was and I'm glad I've come away from it." It's more like a, "yo, ho, I used to run a big ass crack business and got shot 9 times. Respect me, for I am 50 cent."

And, for the record, dealing crack to kids is how Jay Z came to fame as well.
dancinggummi88 06-14-2005 10:26 AM
Jay-z isnt glorifying it though and he's up there

50- cent is basiclly doing whatever he can for money.... and a majority of his success is from Eminem anyways.... he put 50 out there
Travis Bickle 06-14-2005 10:31 AM
Before this gets locked, I'll stop the arguing. Besides, you're new here, and I've been anything but welcoming. My apologies.
dancinggummi88 06-14-2005 10:39 AM
yeah... i dont want to be locked

thanks for the welcoming...
Mike 06-14-2005 11:32 AM
Now...I actually like Eminem. He actually has more to say than hos and blunts and bling. Plus, he's funny.

I hate 50 Cent, though. Let's all show the little kids that dealing drugs and shooting people/getting shot is the way to success. Roll Eyes
088nd 06-14-2005 11:42 AM
I hate both.

The title of best rapper would have to go to Snoop Dogg or Dr. Dre. They definately did a lot for the genre.
BethMcBeth 06-14-2005 12:06 PM
Personally I am not a huge fan of Eminem I thought the i think its like the first CD of so was alright back in the day but honstely I am not that interested its amazing what people can do for a living.

-Beth
Captain Maw 06-14-2005 06:00 PM
hmmm... i'd have to say Eminem is okay.
Dr.Dre and Jay-Z i like.
i hate 50 Cent (although he comes from Queens), and i don't like Snoop Dogg or w/e.
don't really listen to a lot of rap or hip-hop.
Zopwx2 06-14-2005 11:10 PM
The Slim Shady / Marshal Mathers Lp's were good and everythign after that I consider sh**.

When did he become a terrible version of wierd al? Plus he has run out of people/groups to insult in order to gain publicity.
dancinggummi88 06-15-2005 09:07 AM
publicty, i think not... well maybe a little...lol

i mean i dunno, now adays people will do anything for money
dancinggummi88 06-16-2005 07:21 AM
i dunno... i just like eminem.... he's not the greatest, but like...\
you all have to admitt that he's not the worst around....
id have to say that he is the best white rapper around!
Patsai 06-16-2005 01:26 PM
Honestly Eminem's songs are no different from any of the rap songs that have come out in the past five-to-ten years. Turn on MTV and you're going to see rap songs with the ladies shaking their asses in the TV screen during a huge party with all the guys throwing money everywhere while they sing about their horrible childhood, talk about sex orgies, commiting crimes, or prejudicing individuals for being different, or even killing someone for the sake of respect. Rap was born out of innocence but has evolved into something that makes me fear for others who believe every word they hear out of the songs is true and use it as an excuse to fail in life.
Generalissimo D 06-16-2005 01:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
Honestly Eminem's songs are no different from any of the rap songs that have come out in the past five-to-ten years. Turn on MTV and you're going to see rap songs with the ladies shaking their asses in the TV screen during a huge party with all the guys throwing money everywhere while they sing about their horrible childhood, talk about sex orgies, commiting crimes, or prejudicing individuals for being different, or even killing someone for the sake of respect. Rap was born out of innocence but has evolved into something that makes me fear for others who believe every word they hear out of the songs is true and use it as an excuse to fail in life.

I agree with every atom in my body on what you just said. Its said to see alot of people hear all into that "gangsta' shiznit".

You have any idea how frickkin aggravating it gets when people start talking about rappers?

Example:
"Yo', you hear 50 talking sh*t bout T-I?"
"Man, thats some weakass sh*t"

It really is annoying...how they believe that those guys do the sh** they do, when in reality they're living it up.
Captain Maw 06-17-2005 01:58 PM
yeah... in the olden days: rap was good. when it got mainstream, it got ugly.
trying to put things short here. but yeah, pretty much.
David Ryder 06-18-2005 11:45 PM
Honestly Eminem is about the worst thing too happen too rap in a long time but then again I don't listen too rap so anyways. I do however like old school rap, back when it was actually good. and I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets tired of everyone talking like a "gangster" i have too deal with it every day here.

Edit: also Eminem basicly some's up every white person within a 20 mile radius of me. I.e rich preppy kids that think they live in the "ghetto" that I love to rip on.
Nine Kuze 10-31-2005 06:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
The Slim Shady / Marshal Mathers Lp's were good and everythign after that I consider sh**.

When did he become a terrible version of wierd al? Plus he has run out of people/groups to insult in order to gain publicity.

I hear that. I not really an Enimem fan but he is very creative and he's doing the hip-hop industry some good... I guess. Depends on your defintion of good.

quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets tired of everyone talking like a "gangster" i have too deal with it every day here.

That is getting VERY old as well. Its not just annoying when for a little while it was kind of cool. And old school rap is the best, they actually talk about real, important events in their lives and life in general. And they it made sound so damn amazing. Where's Rakim when you need him?
Peace.