Pink Floyd....Reuniting!?!?!

Green_Bird 06-13-2005 03:18 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4085966.stm

Yes...ALL the original members.....You have to wonder what is with this current influx of bands that said that they would never get back together after they broke up getting back together....I mean Cream just did it....But I mean Pink Floyd? They were worse off then Cream ever was. It's kind of strange if you think about it, really....I mean sure....they're a lot older now and can possibly control their temper and rage against each other better then they did before....But still...

What do you think of this?
Zopwx2 06-13-2005 05:25 PM
Yeah I tried to bump a pink floyd thread to talk about this last nigt but it didn't work.

Anyway its just for one concert and Geldof needs all the publicity he can get for this live 8 concert.
Travis Bickle 06-13-2005 06:07 PM
HELL YES!

I need tickets...NOW!
Zopwx2 06-13-2005 06:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bleedthrough
HELL YES!

I need tickets...NOW!

...in scotland. (I think)
Travis Bickle 06-13-2005 06:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
quote:
Originally posted by Bleedthrough
HELL YES!

I need tickets...NOW!

...in scotland. (I think)

Even better! I'll fit right in!

It's actually in London, though...
Sharpshooter005 06-13-2005 11:47 PM
After hearing "wish you were here" rehearsed ENDLESSLY by some band at my school. I could die happily never hearing it again.

Ever, no really. After the five thousandth "Two lost souls living in a fish bowl" I wanted to cut my own intestines out, make a rope using them, then hang myself just to be ABSOLUTELY sure.
Zopwx2 06-13-2005 11:49 PM
http://www.live8live.com/

Anyway its july 2nd, so we can watch the concert on tv/web.
Jonny Axehandle 06-14-2005 06:24 AM
quote:
Roger Waters will join band members Dave Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright for the show in Hyde Park.

HOLY F***ING SH**!! ROGER WATERS IS BACK?!?!?! I'm getting tickets if I have to swim across the Atlantic for them.

quote:
David Gilmour
"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile,"

Pfft. Bout time you said that. And it only took you 24 years!

quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
After hearing "wish you were here" rehearsed ENDLESSLY by some band at my school. I could die happily never hearing it again.

Ever, no really. After the five thousandth "Two lost souls living in a fish bowl" I wanted to cut my own intestines out, make a rope using them, then hang myself just to be ABSOLUTELY sure.

Well that's just a school band. If you get on AIM with me I can send you an MP3 of the real Pink Floyd singing it and I don't think it will dissapoint you.
BethMcBeth 06-14-2005 06:31 AM
Hmmmm it is interesting that they are gettting back together Iam just looking forward to the music. ^_^"

-Beth