Mai-HiME / My-HiME

Asirt 06-13-2005 01:47 PM

Highly Advanced Materialising Equipment

Other -

This show is about a girl (Mai Tokiha) and her brother (Takumi Tokiha) who attend the Fuuka Academy, and later they find out that they have the power of "HiME", and using that they must defeat the enemies they encounter (also known as HiME) that stand in their way (and at the same time, go through everyday life). I haven't seen all the episodes yet, but so far, this series looks pretty nice. What I like the most about My-HiME is the music, including the opening theme, "Shining Days". Has anyone else seen this new series? Here is some info from the Anime News Network.
Mr. Fortnight 06-14-2005 02:38 PM
I just grabbed the soundtrack. It's pretty well done. Most of the soundtrack (actually a good part) is done by the same person who did alot of work on the .hack//SIGN soundtrack.
thebravest1 06-15-2005 07:48 AM
Yes I have heard about this anime but I can't watch it because my internt is a peice of crap so downloading large files takes more than 12 hours. I am curently working on geting a freind to download it for me but I don't know if he'll remember to get the episodes for me.
Asirt 06-15-2005 01:39 PM
Well, I just saw the Promo clip and the Omake for Mai-HiME, and it looks really cool. What I forgot to mention earlier is that there's going to be a lot of fanservice in this show (a lot of it is in the promo clip and a little is in the Omake as well), so get ready for that.

It seems that the best way to get the fansubs of Mai-HiME is to use BitTorrent. I'm currently getting all the episodes, so I hope the big download will be well worth it.

The two soundtracks are very nice. My favorites so far is "It's only the fairy tale" and "Mezame". I'm listening to them right now.
Mr. Fortnight 06-15-2005 03:04 PM
My personal favorite track is: "Chiisana Hoshi ga Oriru Toki".

I'm just wondering if there's enough attention, if some company will pick it up.

And, I figured there'd be fan service. They're in school uniforms. Comes with the territory. >_<
BethMcBeth 06-15-2005 09:17 PM
Wow I really love the drawing style they have there! That is soo cool! I know nothing of this series but it looks pretty neat! I'll have to look into it thanks!

-Beth
BigPrime 06-27-2005 04:52 PM
I haven't seen this show (though a friend does have the whole series on fansub and I've been meaning to borrow it), but I am pretty familliar with its characters and general story. From everything I've heard, it was one of the best shows of this past fall-winter anime season.
Asirt 04-12-2006 08:31 AM
[Gathers dust and cleans up thread]

Has anyone managed to obtain Vol.1 of My-HiME in the US yet? I know it's been out for a while now. It's been a while since I last saw this series. I believe I stopped at about episode 20. Don't know why I lost interest, to be honest. It was actually pretty good.
BigPrime 04-15-2006 12:53 PM
I have Vol. 1. The dub is decent, but quite a few of the characters don't sound right. It does include the Japanese DVD omakes, which are quite interesting (though unfortunately, the only way to access them is after each episode).

If you stopped at 20, I highly suggest you watch the rest of the series. Some amazing stuff in the last 6 episodes.